The online racing simulator
good damaged/salvaged car website
(38 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
Quote from brt900 :ill just clear it up would like something with sporting potential preferably rwd bit of a long shot and will not be put back on the road. also if possible a lot of tuning parts available

Will you be keeping engine in it or will you be looking to upgrade?

Are you looking to run it on trackdays, or in a racing series?

How much are you looking to spend now, and how much can you budget to run it?

you really really really need more details.
Quote from Jakg :Will you be keeping engine in it or will you be looking to upgrade?

Are you looking to run it on trackdays, or in a racing series?

How much are you looking to spend now, and how much can you budget to run it?

you really really really need more details.

Also, what level of mechanical competence. Some cars are easier to fix than others. You can get a lot of cars cheap that need a new motor, but if you don't have the ability (or tools) for the job then that is out of the question.
Quote from Migz :Snip.

"Also i don't want to seem insulting or anything like this but what's with all the threads?" - Correction.
"Also I do not wish to insult you in any way. But why are you making such threads?" Corrected.

"You've made like 4 in the last few days." - Correction.
"You've made quite a few threads in the past few days." Corrected.
and or
"You've made quite a few threads recently."

"Mind you i'd have no problem with you making all these threads if you knew what grammer and punctuation was." - Correction.
"If you could spell and puncuate properly, I would not mind you making any threads at all." Corrected.

" Capital letter at the beggining of a sentence." - Correction.
"Capitalize the first letter of every sentence." Corrected.

---------------------------------------------
That's about as far as I wish to go.

I know you're belitted and demeaned all of the time in real life. But atleast have some courtesy... And please do not bother doing it on here.

Your intentions were made clear, that you were not trying to "insult" him. But to me, you were just trying to belittle him in a good manner.

Your whole post contradicted itself.
You did not wish to be "anything like this" but you went ahead and said it anyway. What are you... A liar? Trying to look good?

Also if most of those were "mistakes", that must mean you put no effort into your grammar or puncuation. Are you a hypocrite?

IF you were trying to look smart and tough and make a good reputation... Well you just made yourself look like a fool.

You do not have to be fancy. Just follow SSOP (Short, Simple, Organized, to the Point.).
im basically an absolute noob when it comes to mechanics so would like something easy to fix and is reliable. Also it will only be used for track days. And atm im not really looking to buy a car just yet my dad is getting a new car then in maybe a few months i will get mine i just wanted some good websites i can scan around on.

Thanks Runeman
#30 - Migz
@Runeman
Yes i know my posts arent the best and can be improved upon but i try to make an effort with my posts, i try capitlizing the correct letters. I try putting punctuation where needed. I try spelling everything as well as i can.
But he doesn't seem to bother at all.

Quote from brt900 :hi,
doe sanyone know of a site with quite a few damaged cars on to purchase as im looking for a project car to transform into a track racer in a few years so im really looking for something with soem damage so it brings the price down

Slight effort made into writing the post but seriously. He could've just proof read it once and corrected a few spelling mistakes.

To me it doesn't seem like he's bothered that much with it, so i feel that why should i/anyone else bother to reply to his thread and help him if he's not even going to give us the common deceny of making an effort.

Quote from runeman :Also if most of those were "mistakes", that must mean you put no effort into your grammar or puncuation. Are you a hypocrite?

No effort into my grammer or punctuation? Everything in this post i have put effort into.
Go through this post and remove any sort of punctuation as well as capital letters.
Then you'll see i have put a fair ammount of effort into my grammer and punctuation.

All i want is for him to put some effort into his posts. Otherwise i don't see why we should bother making the effort in helping him.

@brt
I apologise for talking about you in the third person and like i said in my first post i really didn't mean to insult you at all, no matter what Runeman says. I just ask that you put a tiny bit of effort into your posts?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :you and tristan make everything look a big job and not worth doing so people do the same things you do.

No, we just like doing things properly, not bodging them for a quick buck at the expense of the buyer (who will no doubt have to pay to have it done properly eventually). It's a shame the motor trade is filled with morons with your attitude - no wonder joe-public doesn't trust garages...
i actually did proof read it i usually do i just missed the first spelling mistake
Quote from Migz :@Runeman
Yes i know my posts arent the best and can be improved upon but i try to make an effort with my posts, i try capitlizing the correct letters. I try putting punctuation where needed. I try spelling everything as well as i can.
But he doesn't seem to bother at all.

Slight effort made into writing the post but seriously. He could've just proof read it once and corrected a few spelling mistakes.

To me it doesn't seem like he's bothered that much with it, so i feel that why should i/anyone else bother to reply to his thread and help him if he's not even going to give us the common deceny of making an effort.

No effort into my grammer or punctuation? Everything in this post i have put effort into.
Go through this post and remove any sort of punctuation as well as capital letters.
Then you'll see i have put a fair ammount of effort into my grammer and punctuation.

All i want is for him to put some effort into his posts. Otherwise i don't see why we should bother making the effort in helping him.

@brt
I apologise for talking about you in the third person and like i said in my first post i really didn't mean to insult you at all, no matter what Runeman says. I just ask that you put a tiny bit of effort into your posts?

Very well then, you apologized to him.

In my defense, I just thought you were another one of these "grammar nerds", who loves to belittle others.

Sorry.
#34 - Migz
Quote from runeman :Very well then, you apologized to him.

In my defense, I just thought you were another one of these "grammar nerds", who loves to belittle others.

Sorry.

No worries, looking back at my first post it does seem that way.
But oh well, no harm done
Thought id seen that yellow MX5 before, Nr Tommy Lane pearcy_2k7
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Not really, any used car you buy could of had a bump just as bad but wasn't written off, atleast if you buy damaged its cheaper, you know what the damage is and know its been repaired properly, if you buy a lightly damaged car theres no difference in buying a used car in terms of what can go wrong.

Exhibit A:

Yep, they wrote it off for the damage on the wing.

Take a closer look, the wheel is also scratched and is has an unusual amount of negative camber. I smell a broken suspension... Probably destroyed the wheel bearing too.
That's the problem with those damaged cars, you can hardly tell if it's bad or not. Something that looks like minor damage can be a huge money pit.
Quote from tristancliffe :No, we just like doing things properly, not bodging them for a quick buck at the expense of the buyer (who will no doubt have to pay to have it done properly eventually). It's a shame the motor trade is filled with morons with your attitude - no wonder joe-public doesn't trust garages...

Well we will never know whats wrong with it will we but you and ajjp just make everything seems alot of hassle and a huge pain in the ass in every motorsport thread or car thread, advising people to do what you have done because your always right. And actually we don't repair that many cars, descrive the damage we know and the buyer is welcome to come and look around as much as they want.

We do do it properly, just because i wouldn't buy a whole front end for a a dint and a scuff on the wing doesn't mean its not done properly, what needs replacing or fixing will be replaced or fixed to the best standard we can.

Mikjen - Yep i live on that corner Bury old road...

Obviously you can get ones with more damage than expected but if thats the case and your not up to fixing it you can put it on ebay and break even or get more than you paid easily.
Go past it every morning

I just bought a P reg Megane, no tax/MOT, took the part off it i fitted months ago, sold that, then got £100 for the car

good damaged/salvaged car website
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG