The online racing simulator
I'm kinda hoping my GTL disk still works when a certain track gets a proper release though. It's been through hell (not played it, so it's bashed around on floors and such), so I hope it still verifys when the inevitable comes.
are the addon tracks locked if you don't have a license?

WOW R2P is like the iRacing service except for all sims. Why didn''t I look into this sooner!:doh:
Quote from The Moose :ffs Shotglass, stop talking out of your backside. The multiplayer in 1.1 is as functional as any other sim on the market.

Kindly explain what is wrong with it (with some actual facts, not hearsay) or kindly stfu.

im not exactly sure if it was 1.1 or 1.03 when i last tried the multi but last time i checked calling the server browser functional would have been an exaggeration
I believe they are locked for unlicenced users in 1.11, as are all cars but the F1600. There's another demo for Abarth as well out there.
Time to get me a license.
Quote from legoflamb :are the addon tracks locked if you don't have a license?

Ahh, yeah, they probably are locked for demoers. But not online apparently....

Quote from Shotglass :im not exactly sure if it was 1.1 or 1.03 when i last tried the multi but last time i checked calling the server browser functional would have been an exaggeration

Depends on what you call functional i suppose.

Press Online race, list of servers appears ordered by ping. Join one. Race. That's functional enough for me.
last time i opened the server browser (may have been an older version) the pings were as far as i can tell random numbers that were in no relation whatsoever to how fluid the connection would be
Quote from Shotglass :last time i opened the server browser (may have been an older version) the pings were as far as i can tell random numbers that were in no relation whatsoever to how fluid the connection would be

See, your living in the old days Nothing wrong with the lobby ping reading anymore or the netcode, and collision detection isn't bad at all either.

So lets stick to current facts from now on if you don't mind

I'm sure there's still plenty of things you can slag off nKPro about, but multiplayer functionality isn't one of them
There is the glitch when you ram 'invisible' cars. Is that fixed in the private-beta version?
Quote from tristancliffe :There is the glitch when you ram 'invisible' cars. Is that fixed in the private-beta version?

Praise the Lord, it has long gone. That was fixed in 1.1
It was? I've played 1.1 online and I'm sure I hit something that was, apparently, there. But it could be my memory playing tricks again, as it's been a couple of months.
Quote from tristancliffe :It was? I've played 1.1 online and I'm sure I hit something that was, apparently, there. But it could be my memory playing tricks again, as it's been a couple of months.

It's your memory Tristan

I've not seen anyone complain of hitting an invisible object in 1.1
Quote from legoflamb :are the addon tracks locked if you don't have a license?

WOW R2P is like the iRacing service except for all sims. Why didn''t I look into this sooner!:doh:

<ot> There's also an LFS league there </ot>

On nkp... I read on virtualr that the Osella/hillclimb stuff is available now as a standalone demo. Is there a way to put the Osella in the full version of nkp and run the regular tracks? Between that car and the Abarth, I might be tempted to buy it.
Quote from Danke : Is there a way to put the Osella in the full version of nkp and run the regular tracks?

Simple answer.... No. That Hillclimb that's doing the rounds is a really early version (based on 1.02 or very early 1.03 code) Theres no way for it to work in v1.1

Whilst it was nice to see the car and track after all this time i don't bother driving it. I'm happy to wait for the proper updated version in v1.2, It'll be loads better.
Quote from The Moose :Simple answer.... No. That Hillclimb that's doing the rounds is a really early version (based on 1.02 or very early 1.03 code) Theres no way for it to work in v1.1

Whilst it was nice to see the car and track after all this time i don't bother driving it. I'm happy to wait for the proper updated version in v1.2, It'll be loads better.

Thanks for the info. I'll be waiting for the official version with baited breath.
Quote from The Moose :I'm happy to wait for the proper updated version in v1.2, It'll be loads better.

Taking bets on 2015 or 2016 and side bets on if it will be just for the Italian racers
Quote from The Moose :Whilst it was nice to see the car and track after all this time i don't bother driving it. I'm happy to wait for the proper updated version in v1.2, It'll be loads better.

its not very good anyway
being as hardcore (imagine the most sarcastic voice youve ever heard saying it) as it is the only reset you get is right back down to the start meaning that you can drive for 10 minutes going slowly everywhere hoping not to misjudge a corner until you eventually do crash into the outside and have to start over
not very good on a track that would be impossible to memorize even if youre one of those people who can remember 10 million digit numbers and with a proper reset

also the car just sort of drives like... car like 700 or so kg of car
what i mean is theres is something very much if-then-else about it a bit like an arcade racer in that all the correct reactions are there but everything is very predetermined and highly predictable (on a bumpy track i cant remember the first 5 corners of and enough power to spin the wheels out of most corners mind you)
Quote from Shotglass :its not very good anyway
being as hardcore (imagine the most sarcastic voice youve ever heard saying it) as it is the only reset you get is right back down to the start meaning that you can drive for 10 minutes going slowly everywhere hoping not to misjudge a corner until you eventually do crash into the outside and have to start over

Oh, hang on, you mean it's like ----- like real racing?? What a horror!
in case you havent noticed youre sitting in front of a monitor holding a plastic wheel and not inside a real car potentially killing yourself in the process

point is youre doing this for fun which usually means taking all the things that are ood about real life racing and leaving out the ones that are bad

not to mention that last time i checked people who crashed into walls on hillclimbs at 200+kmh tend to die and not instantly appear out of thin air at the starting line (which in the real world would invalidate some very basic laws of physics - conservation of energy for the most part) so unless your copy of netkar actually kills you if you do this its not like real racing
I just bought NKpro and i already have a problem.
I start a practice session and when it comes to loading the shadow.nko file it doesn't go any further.
Update your graphics drivers.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Update your graphics drivers.

The weird thing is that i played the MTV Abarth demo flawlessly and i played the normal demo as well before yesterday.
Then i bought my license,downloaded the v1.1 from the site and suddenly it doesn't go through the loading screen anymore.
I will try to update the drivers,i'll let you know.Thanks
Quote from IlGuercio :The weird thing is that i played the MTV Abarth demo flawlessly and i played the normal demo as well before yesterday.
Then i bought my license,downloaded the v1.1 from the site and suddenly it doesn't go through the loading screen anymore.
I will try to update the drivers,i'll let you know.Thanks

What do you mean with you "played the normal demo"? Which version do you mean? Because if you were already playing the v1.1 demo you shouldn't have downloaded it again after buying your license, just unlock it

Also, make sure you download and install the updates (marked in red below the normal download mirrors) to the v1.1 version.
I used to play the demo a couple of months ago.
Then,in december or november,the Abarth demo came out and i installed it because it featured the 500 Abarth.
Since i knew that version wasn't the full one i downloaded the 1.1 from the nkpro site and installed it.
NOW i can't play anymore,and it's very weird.
What's more laptopvideo2go seems pretty slow for me now.
I need that .inf file nowwwwwww
Just updated the graphic drivers and it's the same as before...
I sent a mail to the nk support,let's see what they suggest.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG