Coulthard
Montoya
Massa
Barrichello
Schumacher, R.
Heidfeld
Klien
Fisichella
Quote :see if you can find out which driver you can best identify with.

Oh smeg, that leaves me Giovonna Amatti
Where is Albers?

ALBERS RULEZ!!!111oneoneONEONEONE!111~!!!!
"Montoya is better than Raikonnen who is hugely over-rated. When Raikonnen is behind he over drives the car and bounces it around too much, that's why he has so many reliability problems."

The reason for KR "over driving" the car is because the Mclaren just isn't fast enough! He has to do this to keep a decent pace, also Mclaren and Mercedes seem a bit "fragile" for the last 2-3 years, especially the never raced MP4-18! Yes before you ask i am a KR and Mclaren fan, im just saying what i think!
Quote from Halsey :Personally I have a soft spot for Webber (gogo nationalism!)

That's the only reason I voted Jenson Button.... he could win Monaco if Honda get their act together.
I'm slightly patriotic... but then I'm allowed to cause we hardly ever get an f1 driver
#81 - MR_B
Mika Hakkinen
There's no way in hell Honda will win at Monaco.

They can't even deal with McLaren, let alone Ferrari or Renault. There's two Michelin teams ahead of them at the moment, besides their pace has been less than impressive as of late, they couldn't even fight for a podium at Barcelona.

They have way too much work to do if they want to fight for a win.

They should say mission accomplished if they can beat both McLarens.
I'm inclined to agree, I think they will win a lot sooner than Toyota though. Honda have been in and around F1 for a very long time and know what they have to do, Toyota on the other hand ... They should stick to rallying (except Citroen beat them) or Dakkar (except everyone beats them) or Shopping Trolleys (except Lotus beat them).

They really are a joke, how many billions so far? And they're still mid field...
Toyota could pull a surprise next year, given that their development keeps consistant. Remember that next year everyone will be using Bridgestone tyres, and Toyota already made the switch this year. It could be a huge advantage to them.

I'm not too keen on Jarno Trulli or Ralf Schumacher, anyway. Trulli seems solid but unimpressive, and Ralf is getting old.

What's with Toyota and their driver choices? It's mostly like an assylum for old drivers (Da Matta and Zonta don't count) to end their careers: Mika Salo, Olivier Panis, Allan McNish... and it's seems to be going that way for Ralf Schumacher. Trulli does have a few years on him.
Quote from Vain :Oh, when saying Schumacher's a typical german you're propably refering to him singlehandedly conquering Poland back in '96, don't you?

Well, jokes aside, I like to hear about german stereotypes, so bring 'em on.

Vain

Dunno if you had a tv series where you are called 'Hogans heros' thought Colonel Klink was a very good caraciture of the archetypical german ( in a wwII military sense) However having toured briefy Germany and know a few words of the language I'd say the general def of sterotype is

Confident bordering on arrogance
Pride in appearance, dress sense, grooming etc
ordered, as in everything in it's place organised, planned etc
Claims of best mechanical engineering and manufacturing

That kinda thing
Quote from Becky Rose :But I didn't mention the war? (ducks)

What you mean Churchill letting the Germans bomb Coventry without opposition or the Allies blowing twice as many German cities to make up for it?

Seem to have read of the horrible Firestorms created in certain German towns full of Civilians and know many ppl who give first hand stories of watching Coventry in flames (from Birmingham) and many who survived the Blitz
War sux don't bring it up even in jest guys save the competition for the LFS track

Becky Rose vs the Germans any time any car any track?
Quote from Stellios :Webber. Hes an honest guy and nearly always does a solid race and id love to see him in a faster car.

Alonso is a good driver, but to be honest i dont think he is that brilliant a driver, hes just good when hes under pressure.

Ok now I don't like F1 racing, follow it passionatly or know that much about it. But I know Webber recently went to Williams, isn't Williams a good team with respect to car preparation and up there with Ferrari in testing, development etc?

I thought he needed a better car than the Jaguar, though he seems to give 100% the car was letting him down, but since Williams, hasn't his less experienced team mate or test driver consistently out qualified him etc or am I wrong and ignorant?

Whatever your opinion of Schumacher, he's the one who at the end of the day has won the most races, whether due to technical advntage, others misfortunes or great pit work.

I personally would like to see Webber win but I don't think it's likely atm, Barrichello always seems to race as best he can and does it with style, and is honest in his own evaluations of his performances and a humble type of personality if the interviews and reports I have read/seen are right
Havent read the whole thread, dont need to.

There is ONLY ONE driver in F1.

Michael Schumacher.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Havent read the whole thread, dont need to.

Michael Schumacher.

:doh::dnfnoob:

Michael Schumacher.

hoooonk hooonkhonk honk honk honk Hoooooonk honk honk:uglyhamme
#91 - MR_B

Michael Schumacher.

And that used to be the problem...

Who should I root for in F1?
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG