The online racing simulator
I can almost smell it[speculation]
(63 posts, closed, started )
This
was not bought at Simbin.
Quote from Micha :...But I miss new content badly. I would pay for it. As long as they keep coming up with something new once in a while. I can say that the majority of the German community is let down.

Exactly my thoughts. I would be glad to pay for new content as well, even at a high-cost level comparable to iRacing.
Another sad christmas in LFS world.
In before the lock.

We weill get it for chritmas present... in 2035.
Quote from iFastLT :While Scawen is coding new physics, Eric could easily do some new tracks or update cockpits or something else. Or maybe he's doing so now :hyper:

or maybe there is no Eric at all
I just want the ****ing VWS to be released so that these spam threads will stop for a while... there will be really no other benefit for me from releasing VWS...
slow FWD just dont excite me
Quote from Danny LFS :We weill get it for chritmas present... in 2035.

keep this kind of "sarcastic" post for yourself...this has been said million times and will be and complaining, moaning and "joking" wont help the progress ...
Quote from bavorak :
I just want the ****ing VWS to be released so that these spam threads will stop for a while... there will be really no other benefit for me from releasing VWS...
slow FWD just dont excite me

Most people don't really wait just for the Scirocco. Including me. And it wouldn't stop the complaining about the lack of content either. After waiting for so long, if they release only the Scirocco as new content, this would be a bad joke, nothing more.
By this time, LFS needs more than just one car to satisfy many customers and to bring back the trust in LFS development. And it really looks bad for LFS today. The special thing about LFS is the work-in-progress atmospere. And I completly miss this nowadays. And many people are still hoping that the upcoming patch will be big considering the time it took them to release it. I hope it won't be another let down. It sounds very negative, I know, but it looks like this is the last chance for LFS.
This thread is so full of winter depression it hurts my eyes.
Screenshot of s3

New features:
-Anti-aliasing removed
-Max resolution 640x480
Attached images
LFS 2009-12-25 18-47-41-40.jpg
the hell with that lame car, I would prefer 5 cars without licence than some lousy panzerwagen...

New tracks, physics and graphic updates, maybe some new non-real cars - that is important stuff...

scirocco? IMHO there is no need putting it into lfs
Merry xmas everybody

I still love this game - and I'm patient (coz theres a whole load of other stuff going on in life).. If it dies on its arse then the people who would suffer are the devs - so why keep griping !

Lookin forward to 2010..

cheers all

Rob
jesus, nothing better to do on Christmas day then bitch. I hope none of the devs or the mods come on here today, I know I wouldn't.

Happy Christmas ya filthy forum animals
Good news chaps. I was on the blower to Scawen last night and we decided, while very drunk, that every time one of these threads are made the release of the VWS shall be put back a month, starting retroactively, so all of the other threads count too.

True story, I'm not even lying.
well done
Quote from KOB_CHEESE :Merry xmas everybody

I still love this game - and I'm patient (coz theres a whole load of other stuff going on in life).. If it dies on its arse then the people who would suffer are the devs - so why keep griping !

Lookin forward to 2010..

cheers all

Rob

This man talk sense
Every moaner should be forced to race for 1 hour on the Ironhorse server. THAT is what LFS is about. Close racing on a full server. It doesn't matter if there's one more or less car or track of if the graphics are DX8 or DX10.

But people are too busy repeating the same things (that won't change anything anyway) time and time again on here so they forgot the true point of LFS (IMO) a long time ago.
Quote from Micha :Most people don't really wait just for the Scirocco. Including me. And it wouldn't stop the complaining about the lack of content either. After waiting for so long, if they release only the Scirocco as new content, this would be a bad joke, nothing more.
By this time, LFS needs more than just one car to satisfy many customers and to bring back the trust in LFS development. And it really looks bad for LFS today. The special thing about LFS is the work-in-progress atmospere. And I completly miss this nowadays. And many people are still hoping that the upcoming patch will be big considering the time it took them to release it. I hope it won't be another let down. It sounds very negative, I know, but it looks like this is the last chance for LFS.

I consider VWS as "a bringer of a lot of stuff to lfs"

the problem of you all is that you still expect something...why? is lfs so bad nowadays that you need something new? I think it is fully playable, quite well developed and there are not many bugs in it.
I still enjoy playing it even when I am alone at server but it is just good feeling for me to experience the speed when I come home from 1-hour waiting in traffic jam. Of course I will be very happy when new physics come but I got used not to wait for it...It will come ..nobody knows when but I dont mind...I am enjoying what I have now and not complaining that I dont have more...It just doesnt help anyone
Quote from KOB_CHEESE :

I still love this game - and I'm patient

That´s the spirit
Please stop blaming people because they are bored of the waiting...
It's perfectly normal that people are getting impatient as we are waiting for this since 2008 (You could even say since 2007 as Z wasn't really a big improvment tbh). People are bored to wait so long and that's just normal.
Yes, I AM bored of all that waiting...
That doesn't mean I am blaming Scawen for that... He already explained why it is taking so long so we can't do anything exept wait
bavorak: Yeah, LFS is so bad nowadays that we need something new.

Nah, its not that bad. But its a looong time since the last "real" update, and tbh, Im expecting something new, some updates. What I'm waiting most for is the tyre-physics, which is far behind 2009/2010.

I fully respect the developers and their work, but imo, its going too slow right now.
Quote from bavorak :I consider VWS as "a bringer of a lot of stuff to lfs"

the problem of you all is that you still expect something...why? is lfs so bad nowadays that you need something new? I think it is fully playable, quite well developed and there are not many bugs in it.
I still enjoy playing it even when I am alone at server but it is just good feeling for me to experience the speed when I come home from 1-hour waiting in traffic jam. Of course I will be very happy when new physics come but I got used not to wait for it...It will come ..nobody knows when but I dont mind...I am enjoying what I have now and not complaining that I dont have more...It just doesnt help anyone

Yeah, I guess you are right. Still so tired of waiting. And now I feel better after letting you know my thoughts. And I bet there are lots of folk which have similar thoughts than me.
In 2009 I paid quite a lot of money for simulation games, because I am finished waiting S3.

First of all I bought netKar (for 20 EUR ~ $29), which could be great, but the max number of people playing online is 1 (me).

Than, I decided to subscribe iRacing. I used a $5 promo code, with which I entered the system for a month. I drove quite well, to not to stop my progress I bought 2 tracks ($15 each) and a car ($12) when my 1 month subscription expired. I decided to not to renew it, because that game is rubbish. I can tell you it was a complete waste of time and money. I don't want to get on with it here, just believe me, it is.

Than, I saw a simraceway.com advert, where they said if you subscribe for their service you will get a free copy of GTR2. (spent $10 again) According to their site, it "enables you to race, 24/7 for free or cash prizes against hundreds of thousands of other racers". Just no. Only 2-3 people is driving GTR2 at a time. Plus, After 50-60 laps, I had enough of the unbelievably bad physics engine GTR2 have. My subscription is still lives until 12th of January, but I cannot even think of that game, because that makes me angry.

So all in all, in the last 3-4 months I spent: $29 + $47 +$10 = $86, just because I'm tired of waiting for anything new. All of this money could have been gone to LFS, if it would be a proper company, and they wouldn't only have 1+2 developers.

In RL, I'm a business consultant, people give me money to tell them, how to run their business. I'm sorry Scawen, but your management system is in deep alpha state.
Quote from hariel-HUN- :So all in all, in the last 3-4 months I spent: $29 + $47 +$10 = $86, just because I'm tired of waiting for anything new. All of this money could have been gone to LFS, if it would be a proper company, and they wouldn't only have 1+2 developers.

But they don't and that's most likely not going to change. Your fault for wasting so much money, now you even want to blame the devs for THAT?
Quote from zeugnimod :But they don't and that's most likely not going to change. Your fault for wasting so much money, now you even want to blame the devs for THAT?

He just said he would spent that money to LFS, if there would be something new.

Imao he didnt blame anyone.
#50 - CSU1
Quote from zeugnimod :But they don't and that's most likely not going to change. Your fault for wasting so much money, now you even want to blame the devs for THAT?

you don't need to go to the server you mentioned above to have good close racing, each to his own style of racing. Personally I get my rocks off of CAD as of late.

I do regret starting another one of these spam magnet threads as it's the holidays etc.

My appologies, but for crying out loud scavier at least give us the option to help you out.

Give me something to buy and I will buy it as donations make one seem cheap.
This thread is closed

I can almost smell it[speculation]
(63 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG