The online racing simulator
I can almost smell it[speculation]
(63 posts, closed, started )
#1 - CSU1
...The VW that is

Could we be in for a nice surprise soon?

*dawns flame retardant suit*
What makes u think its gonna be soon?
and another spam thread..
We might get the VWS as a christmas present, or maybe not.
Scawen blocked messages
It's not going to be released soon. Because it will be first released as a TEST patch and then over 9000 fixes in TEST patches.
COOL NEWS, thanks a lot!

Now I've got something to look forward to next christmas!!

greetz

der ho ho butz
No VWS on this xmas
I never commented here about the current "progress". But now I just have to:
I don't get it. Why is it not possible to release at least one track per year? Or a car? Where are the cockpits? It's ok that the physics will take it's time. But why not release some new content? Before you flame me you Fanboys. I'm a fanboy as well. I'm with LFS from the very beginning! But I miss new content badly. I would pay for it. As long as they keep coming up with something new once in a while. I can say that the majority of the German community is let down.
this is truely a sign of the times. we used to get a pressy from the devs every xmas. but not this one.
even the devs over at Arma 2 gave us the AH-64D a few days ago. not that i'm bothered. i'll just go play DiRT2 til they get their fingers out.
I can allmost smell locked thread
Dont hope for too much, becouse you will be heavily dissapointed when the day is over guys .
Quote from Sir moi 407 :I have to admit, I can't wait for it
@Micha: That's the reason: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=63604

And content? What does physic have to do with content? That's my point.
No new track since the S2 release back in 2005! Still some cars are in S1 stage. That is really poor.
But I don't want to argue about that. It is already everything said.
While Scawen is coding new physics, Eric could easily do some new tracks or update cockpits or something else. Or maybe he's doing so now :hyper:
At December 2008, they found out that Scirocco was too understeery because of the Tyre Physics... So they decided to first work on Tyre Physics before getting the patch out.
As Scawen said "one thing leads to another" and each time they find out they have to change more and more things because of new Tyre Physics.
This is it... We can't blame Scawen for this...
But yea, it's really really really boring to wait 1 year for that patch...
At least it's going to be a big one! (New Tyre Physics, VWS, Another New Car, Rockingham, and who knows... maybe interiors for FZ, FX and RB?)
Who said anything about a another new car? Keep dreaming fanboys. LFS stays as it is.
Quote from Sir moi 407 :At December 2008, they found out that Scirocco was too understeery because of the Tyre Physics... So they decided to first work on Tyre Physics before getting the patch out.
As Scawen said "one thing leads to another" and each time they find out they have to change more and more things because of new Tyre Physics.
This is it... We can't blame Scawen for this...

The limited setup options lead to a strange behavior of the LFS cars including the new VWS because of some flaws in the physic engine. But as long as there are no limited setups, the cars are as good as ever before. Aren't they? Or are all cars now suddenly undriveable? I hope you get my point.
And what is wrong with releasing new tracks? Why does the things Scawen work on affect Erics work? I'm am still waiting for an answer on this topic.
Look what LFS has become, an open tuning without song.
Quote from Micha :I never commented here about the current "progress". But now I just have to:
I don't get it. Why is it not possible to release at least one track per year? Or a car? Where are the cockpits? It's ok that the physics will take it's time. But why not release some new content? Before you flame me you Fanboys. I'm a fanboy as well. I'm with LFS from the very beginning! But I miss new content badly. I would pay for it. As long as they keep coming up with something new once in a while. I can say that the majority of the German community is let down.

Excatly! Very nice writen, i would pay also, as long as there is new content.
#22 - CSF
Personally I can smell Turkey in the oven.
Quote from Micha :The limited setup options lead to a strange behavior of the LFS cars including the new VWS because of some flaws in the physic engine. But as long as there are no limited setups, the cars are as good as ever before. Aren't they? Or are all cars now suddenly undriveable? I hope you get my point.
And what is wrong with releasing new tracks? Why does the things Scawen work on affect Erics work? I'm am still waiting for an answer on this topic.

I can't give give you the exact answer... Only devs can...
But I think that they want the first real road car to be as realistic as possible (that means with realistic setups too).
They took this opportunity to test the Tyre Physics as the Scirocco is a real car.
I can give you the exact answer. Eric is one of those laziest human beings on earth.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I can give you the exact answer. Eric is one of those laziest human beings on earth.

The other possibility is that he quit LFS development and is having a normal job. Otherwise, I don't know.
This thread is closed

(63 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG