The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
We got about 4 inches or so this morning. We drove into London to find that nearer the centre it had hadn't really snowed at all
Camera got OWNED!!! GO KIDDIE!
Quote from danthebangerboy :Its pretty much stopped snowing here now, just the odd little flurry. If it freezes overnight we will be f--ked though, well, i will be anyway, that little white thing is a bastard in the rain, so with snow it will be much worse, especially with the spinning out it did at 2mph earlier, but there is about 4 times more snow now than what there was then, plus i did a nice little sidways drift into that parking space, all evidence of which has been covered by more snow now, it could get interesting on the way to work, especially as i cant find my pair of hakka tyres on steel rims that i got a couple of years ago that i planned to use when and if the weather got really snowy.

You've got snow camo

o0 is that a kia I see Jakg?
Quote from Luke.S :
o0 is that a kia I see Jakg?

Yes, but unfortunatly it has died because of the snow fall.
Went snowboarding today.. Oh my god, sometimes I couldn't feel my fingers. And goggles are absolutely mandatory.
Quote from Luke.S :o0 is that a kia I see Jakg?

Yes, a diesel Kia Cee'd Estate. The *worst* car I have ever driven.
here in the east coast US dc area it just started snowing supposed to go all through tomorrow!
Quote from ferrarifan777 :here in the east coast US dc area it just started snowing supposed to go all through tomorrow!

I'm down in richmond virginia, we have about 5 inches so far, supposed to get like 5-10 more tomorrow
Quote from SidiousX :I'm down in richmond virginia, we have about 5 inches so far, supposed to get like 5-10 more tomorrow

Let me just tell you with a picture

sauce necessary
Attached images
20 inches of snow 12-20.JPG
I'm getting very hopeful that the 12 to 15 that we're expecting on Saturday night will cancel my swim meet on Sunday morning.
I'm on the very northern edge of that. We are expected 1-2 inches. Hardly anything to worry about.

I want to fire up my dang brand new snowblower already! I guess I'll just fill up the pool and do some swimming instead with this summer like weather. 1-2 inches? Come On!!!! :arge:
suppossed to be getting the 'storm of the deckade' here....and we get a lot of snow as it is a lot to us is a foot and a half
Quote from shaun463 :About 3 inches in some parts of Wellingborough! School is off. It looks set to melt as the sun is shining mega-bright.

EDIT: I'm supposed to be in Kettering now .
EDIT: 2: I think I know which roundabout you are talking about. Is it where you can take multiple routes - one into Kettering, one into Isham and one into Pytchley?

No I was on the A14 and A45 junction which literally did not move for almost 3 hours. I gave up and went home, as I didn't want to get stuck like that in the dark later.
We kinda had a mini blizzard last night and this is whats left after it had gone
they were taken of my phone so not the best picture.

SNOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached images
P191209_10.000001.JPG
P191209_10.020001.JPG
P191209_10.000002.JPG
P191209_10.000003.JPG
just woke up like 4 inches here and still going strong
il post some pics later
It snowed a little bit more overnight here, but it had been well below freezing too, so yesterdays snow was now packed ice with fresh snow on top, which is worse than just regular snow, this was snow coated ice.

It didnt look like anywhere had been gritted at all either, just the volume of traffic in and around the place that had made most roads passable without too many problems, still icy though.

I did enjoy the turning into where i work though, just between the 2 red lines on this picture, stopped at the junction, no cars parked on the roadway at all, lots of room, so i turned in, a small blip of the throttle in 2nd gear, held nice gentle revs and a majestic glide beautifully sideways for the duration of the roadway until i straightened her up to stop and open the gates at work, it was bliss, none of the rev limiter tyres wailing craziness you normally get, just a relaxing and gentle drift at about 10 mph in 2nd gear, lovely and relaxing.

Attached images
drifty.jpg
The big "snowstorm of the decade", as I've seen it mentioned above, that hit the Eastern US netted me a mere 2 inches out in the driveway. Hardly anything to fret about, but the cancellations being scrolled across the news this morning is unbelievable. Every weekend event is canceled and it isn't even enough snow to make a nice snowball out of.

I just ran for gas for my car and to fill up the new snowblower. I'm anxious to try it out, but I'd look like an idiot out in this "dusting".
Quote from mrodgers :The big "snowstorm of the decade", as I've seen it mentioned above, that hit the Eastern US netted me a mere 2 inches out in the driveway. Hardly anything to fret about, but the cancellations being scrolled across the news this morning is unbelievable. Every weekend event is canceled and it isn't even enough snow to make a nice snowball out of.

I just ran for gas for my car and to fill up the new snowblower. I'm anxious to try it out, but I'd look like an idiot out in this "dusting".

Really depends on where you live, though. 20" here, 150 miles north is getting around 2-4"
Absolutely no melting, and more snow heading south, brrrrrrrrr.
Chucking it down with rain here now

THIS IS MEANT TO BE SNOW
Thought i'd abuse works overflow carpark after arriving extra early - but realised FWD isn't meant for handbrake turns. You can get it sideways, but you can't hold it there.

I want the Caterham back
Oh yeah, turned out that mom doesn't like handbrake turns
Quote from Jakg :Thought i'd abuse works overflow carpark after arriving extra early - but realised FWD isn't meant for handbrake turns. You can get it sideways, but you can't hold it there.

I want the Caterham back

It is possible, just the right amount of handbrake on and it will , but too much and the car will stop and just spin, too little and you'll just plough in a straight line.

It is a bugger without a lot of practice tho, plus every car is different, so how much hb you need will vary.

I had it to near perfection in my astra when we had the week of snow in 2002 (or 2003?) but just as i got good at it, the weather decided to improve and it all melted!
left foot brake, on track left foot braking makes fwd oversteer a bit, so in snow, its a no brainer, give a bit more gas, and brake a little, your front wheels will both have power going to them, and the rear will be locked up

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG