The online racing simulator
The 12 Days of LFS Forum
(27 posts, started )
The 12 Days of LFS Forum
For a boring Wenesday, we're going to rewrite 'The 12 Days of Christmas' for the LFS Forum.

Make up the next line, it has to scan, it has to rhyme where neccesary and it must involve a subject familiar to LFS forum users.

I'll start with the first 2 lines:

On the first day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, no demo-users in the XRT
On the second day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo-users in the XRT

You get the idea - go!

Here's the real song for reference: http://www.12days.com/library/carols/12daysofxmas.htm
#2 - Fuse5
On the second day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo-users in the XRT

On the third day of Christmas, Scavier gave to me, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo-users in the XRT
I swear we did this last year. I wonder if anyone is (in)sane enough to record themselves singing it?

Anyway:

On the third day of Christmas, Scavier gave to me, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo-users in the XRT
On the fourth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo-users in the XRT
#4 - J@tko
Can I cheat?

On the fourth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo-users in the XRT
On the fifth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, Rock-ing-ham, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo-users in the XRT.

Yes, I know there's supposed to be a 5 in it :S
Quote from J@tko :Yes, I know there's supposed to be a 5 in it :S

so there should be a 5 in it... like this

On the fourth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, five reworked interiors, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo-users in the XRT
Bit off with the math there squid :P
Nah, 'Rooooo-ckiiiing-haaaaaammmm' works brilliantly, I see no need to put a 5 in it.

I think reworked interiors should be 6.
#8 - J@tko
Quote from squidhead :so there should be a 5 in it... like this

On the fourth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, five reworked interiors, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo-users in the XRT

Yes, thank you. I was familiar before with the concept of the song "12 Days of Christmas". But Rockingham fits into the "5 Gold Rings" bit perfectly
5 Rockingham layouts perhaps?
5 Spo-oke wheeeeeeeeeels

??

On the fifth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, Rock-ing-ham, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo-users in the XRT.

On the sixth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, six new Cruise Servers, Rock-ing-ham, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo users in the XRT.

E: I think Jack wants it to go Rooooccckkk-iiinngg-haaaaam.
Would be much better if - like the OP said - they actually rhymed with the original song lyrics.
Quote from Dajmin :Would be much better if - like the OP said - they actually rhymed with the original song lyrics.

if you do it correctly, it does
In what universe do any of those (except the first day, which is a bad syllable match but at least does rhyme) sound like the original?

"Rockingham" does not sound anything like "rings", "wrecking" does not sound like "doves"...

Bah, I give up. Humbug the bloody lot of you
Ain't no rule saying it has to sound alike :P
Except for this bit
Quote from Crashgate3 :Make up the next line, it has to scan, it has to rhyme where neccesary and it must involve a subject familiar to LFS forum users.

Ah, but rhyming doesn't mean it has to sound alike

Unless you're singing it :P

Fair point tho
It also says 'where neccesary'. I took that to mean where you have a rhyming couplet in the real song, you need one in your line, not that your line needs to rhyme with the real one.

Thinking about it, the only real rhyme in the real one is in the first part with 'true love gave to me/partridge in a pear tree' which I've already cunningly rhymed with XRT. Carry on.
Too late. This thread has already gone downhill.

How about 5 Stiff Springs?

On the sixth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me, six new Cruise Servers, Rock-ing-ham, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo users in the XRT.

On the seventh day of Christmas Scavier gave to me seven racing setups, six new Cruise Servers, five rockingham layouts, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo users in the XRT.
Wheres a Lerts reference to creating spam threads? Or Arox hacking?

On the seventh day of Christmas Scavier gave to me seven racing setups, six new Cruise Servers, five rockingham layouts, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo users in the XRT.

On the eighth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me eight spam-threads from TheStig, seven racing setups, six new Cruise Servers, five rockingham layouts, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo users in the XRT.
Quote :On the eighth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me eight spam-threads from TheStig

Man i pissed myself and fell on the floor when i read that :clapclap::ices_rofl

On the eighth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me eight spam-threads from TheStig, seven racing setups, six new Cruise Servers, five rockingham layouts, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo users in the XRT.

On the ninth day of Christmas Scavier gave to me nine arox bans, eight spam-threads from TheStig, seven racing setups, six new Cruise Servers, five rockingham layouts, four new test patches, three barriers buggin, two noobs a-wrecking and no demo users in the XRT.

The 12 Days of LFS Forum
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG