(6 posts, started )
New Config
What do you think of this setup?

Processor: Athlon X2 2.9 GB AM3
Motherboard: ASUS M4n78-SE - HD 160 GB Sata
Memory: 2 GB DDR2
GeForce: FX 9600 GT 512MB DDR3 256bit
Source: ATX 400W real tension
What do I think? Ok, if you really wanna know!

I think Athlon X2 is wayyy past it's time, get a quad core instead (Phenom II at least).

I think 2GB of DDR2 ram is not enough, try 4GB of DDR3 ram.

And I think 9600GT is a very old video card and will not be able to play any games released next year (get a Radeon 5770 instead, or better).

Well you wanted to know what I thought, there you have it. This would be a system I would've bought 2 years ago. This year you can get much better hardware though, and I suggest you get something better.
2 - New Config. PC
Ideally, this configuration:

Processor - PHENOM 9950 QUAD CORE 2.6
Motherboard - M4N78-SE AUS - HD 160 GB Sata
Memory - 4 GB DDR3
Radeon 5770 ou Geforce - 9800 GTX 1GB DDR3 256-bit
Source - ATX 400W real tension

I just want to improve the performance and agility of the PC to the LFS have a mortgage looks very real, without interference and wait LFS S3, ok
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I think Athlon X2 is wayyy past it's time, get a quad core instead (Phenom II at least).

It's one of those new Athlons based on Phenom II I think.
AMD Athlon II X2 245 AM3 <- that (?)
Those are fine if you are on a tight budget. Just don't go for that old Phenom 9950. You want either Phenom II or Athlon II.
Quote :I think 2GB of DDR2 ram is not enough, try 4GB of DDR3 ram.

You should really go for 4GB. If your budget is really that tight that you can't afford DDR3, you can go with DDR2. If your computer is built on a very tight budget DDR3 vs DDR2 does not matter.

For the GPU forget the 9600GT. Other better options are Radeon 5770, Radeon 5750, Radeon 4850, Geforce GTS250.

Also forget that PSU. I have never heard of that maker. You don't want to get some of those cheap PSU because they are more likely to break down and PSU can take your other hardware with it when it does.
Corsair is the best PSU manufacturer at the moment.
#5 - V16
Technically Corsair doesn't manufacture their own power supplies (they are made by Seasonic or CWT), but you're right, they are a good choice, and you shouldn't skimp on the power supply.

2 GB of RAM is plenty for Windows XP. If you plan on running Windows Vista or 7, I would move up to 4 GB. Also, you should know that the M4N78-SE board does not support DDR3.

The new Athlon II AM3s are good CPUs if you're on a budget. I'm using the X2 250 right now. The only thing I would change from the original post is improve video card and get a good brand name PSU, something like a 400W Antec, Corsair, or Seasonic. In all honestly 9600GT is enough for LFS, but it is an older card, and there are probably better options for the money.

Cheers!
To be honest, all the 5770s out there are overpriced like hell. For heck, I can buy a 4890 for like the same or a lower price... However, I do like them. Go ahead, but make sure you buy a less expensive one...

New Config
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG