The online racing simulator
Vb4
(14 posts, started )
Vb4
Vbulletin 4 is out, Maybe if some people donate? We could switch to it!
We could all look this up for ourselves, but if you're excited enough to make the suggestion, please list the advantages of upgrading to the newer version.
#3 - G!NhO

And what advantages does that give?
#5 - amp88
He meant what specific advantages are there to moving from the current system (which appears to be stable and well-understood) to a new version? If the answer is just "because the number's bigger so it must be better" does it seem like a good idea to move (considering the cost involved in moving in terms of learning new features, applying patches etc)?
the only improvement i see on the internets is improved search performance.

that doesn't necessarily mean that a new version won't be much better, i know from phpbb experience that minor version changes can bring many unknown security fixes.
That template looks pretty bad, this one is alot more convenient and handier. ... I'd say keep this one
if it aint broke.....

also with VB4 you basically have to start again with any customisations, and in return for that you do not really get alot.

so unless Vic grabbed it whilst it was going cheap then i doubt it will be upgraded anytime soon.. On top of all that it is currently at an almost identical state as this VB3 version but with the code re-vamped to allow for future upgrading (which will be done in steps every few months.. many of which will require some behind the scenes work for compatibility).

I ended up moving one of my forums back over to IPB because of how annoyingly unhelpful they were making it.
Quote from franky500 :I ended up moving one of my forums back over to IPB because of how annoyingly unhelpful they were making it.

ewwwww IPB. that's almost as bad as using SMF.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Vbulletin 4 is out, Maybe if some people donate? We could switch to it!

Not yet it isn't.
RC2 is out, but still has bugs.
Quote from Bob Smith :please list the advantages of upgrading to the newer version.

1. More secure. (when it will out)
I didn't know we had a big security problem here.

Vb4
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG