The online racing simulator
First real rallycross server!
(34 posts, started )
#1 - SiL-X
Hello racers, especially rallycross-fans!

i will introduce you a new rallycross server: "eDRX Public"!
On this server you will get the feeling of real rallycross much nearer, than before!

But why?:
Here you can do a real rallycross start! 5 cars in a row or in finals "2-2-2".
This all will be controlled by a InSim-script written by good old known WolleT (www.tomjoks.com) and me. Additionally i created nice layouts with jokerlaps, who will be checked by the InSim-tool, too.

I also created layouts for FE1 and AS1 (incl. rev), so we have 10 tracks, all with jokerlaps!
The jokerlaps all costs round about 2s (with RB4), so they are near on the FIA reglement. The startgrids-size are FIA normed, too!

On the server all roadcars are allowed, but i hope that the rallycross community is good enough to drive those cars, who actually driven by the poeple, who are the first on the server!

On www.edrx.de you can see the serverstatus on the right block.
The private server is for the eDRX-Leaque!

What the eDRX-InSim tool do, can u see here in a big picture:
*click*

And to tease you a little bit, Michael Christ do a nice video of the first three races of the eDRX, see it here: *click*

The eDRX-Orga-Team wish you much fun, merry christmas and a happy new year! We hope you will enjoy it!
Quote from SiL-X :Hello racers, especially rallycross-fans!

i will introduce you a new rallycross server: "eDRX Public"!
On this server you will get the feeling of real rallycross much nearer, than before!

But why?:
Here you can do a real rallycross start! 5 cars in a row or in finals "2-2-2".
This all will be controlled by a InSim-script written by good old known WolleT (www.tomjoks.com) and me. Additionally i created nice layouts with jokerlaps, who will be checked by the InSim-tool, too.

I also created layouts for FE1 and AS1 (incl. rev), so we have 10 tracks, all with jokerlaps!
The jokerlaps all costs round about 2s (with RB4), so they are near on the FIA reglement. The startgrids-size are FIA normed, too!

On the server all roadcars are allowed, but i hope that the rallycross community is good enough to drive those cars, who actually driven by the poeple, who are the first on the server!

On www.edrx.de you can see the serverstatus on the right block.
The private server is for the eDRX-Leaque!

What the eDRX-InSim tool do, can u see here in a big picture:
*click*

And to tease you a little bit, Michael Christ do a nice video of the first three races of the eDRX, see it here: *click*

The eDRX-Orga-Team wish you much fun, merry christmas and a happy new year! We hope you will enjoy it!

I'll check this server soon
#3 - SiL-X
Amazing feedback here!
I will check this out this evening and give my feedback on the server (while beeing on the server, first hand experience is better).
#6 - Mysho
O yea rallycross, almost forgot it's in LFS :X Will try it sometimes, sounds good.
#9 - mdmx
Sounds very interesting, actually it's pretty much the same i planned years ago but never hand enough time/motivation to actually implement it.

Too bad the web pages are in germany..

I'm gonna try this today, hope there is some action. Love to drive rallycross for a change, much more intensive action. What if there are more than 5 drivers online, are there multiple starts and best ones goes to final or how it's handled?
Quote from mdmx :I'm gonna try this today, hope there is some action. Love to drive rallycross for a change, much more intensive action. What if there are more than 5 drivers online, are there multiple starts and best ones goes to final or how it's handled?

The biggest problem is, that nobody understand, why you do NOT start at "LFS green"!
2 your topic: I think it is possible to drive 2x5 lines etc... But its not "real", thats right!
It´s much more fun to start with 5 cars side by side!
There is no automatic script who add driver or let them spec!
Thats an idea, but i think the most poeple will leave the server, if the script spec them, when they want to drive!
So the best method is the human brain, i think! (I know, it´s really difficult! )

For our leaque, we dont need auto-spec or something like that. This script and server is just a little feature we want to give RX fans! I think and hope with the time the driver know how to drive on the server and it will work!
Quote :First real rallycross server!

you're not the first, and certainly not the last.
Quote from bunder9999 :

you're not the first, and certainly not the last.

Show me another server with a real rallycross start (and only with THAT feature, it is a REAL rallycross server!) and i will change the topic!
If you cant, you should change your post!
Very nice stuff will defo check it out tonight!, there have been 'some' rally servers, but there was always something wrong with it. I hope this just kicks them all in the ground and launches something realy good!
where did the server go
It's up again
Atm we have a problem with the jokerlap check. Hope we can clear it next time! Sorry!
Tried some more tonight and the problem was fixed

The starting system is nice, only its freaking anoying wenn people join and dont know about it. Maby its a option to get some short screen with rules wenn u join the server?
I agree with Rudy. Nice idea to have the new start grid. However, new people ignore that and just race.
Quote from SiL-X :The jokerlaps all costs round about 2s (with RB4), so they are near on the FIA reglement. The startgrids-size are FIA normed, too!

Nice. That narrows the list of things not done according to FIA rules down to: cars and tracks

To be honest, rallycross isn't worth the trouble at the moment, current cars are boring and not really suited to rallycross (where's a Div1 car when you need one). And lack of proper damage really affects the driving style of most people, not in a good way.
Quote from Huru-aito :
(where's a Div1 car when you need one)

buuuh Ford Fiesta RS (L) ( XFR 4x4 )

Yea well, i think your correct in some way but still the rally thing aint that bad, the damage moddel aint effective indeed though appart from that its still possible to have a good laugh

Though this is a part where lfs could look a bit more serious into indeed
Rallycross could really use some Gravel tyres on the FXR
#22 - mdmx
Quote from 666MePhIsTo666 :Rallycross could really use some Gravel tyres on the FXR

Yes, FXR with good gravel tyres and electronic locks (front, central, rear) which can be adjusted by speed and throttle position would be quite near to WRC car.

On full throttle at lower speeds, all the locks are usually very very stiff, which means when you flat it, it will rush where it is pointing. Without throttle locks are pretty much open. Meaning with all those horses you can drive it on gravel like lift off, throw it in hard, flat it.

Oh and we need decent gravel tyres, those beasts goes ~3sek 0-100kmh on GRAVEL. Mainly because all the three diffs are ~100% locked in situations like that (slow speed, full throttle), but also because there is much more grip in real rally tyres. The ones we have now are lacking grip very badly.
Quote from SiL-X :Show me another server with a real rallycross start (and only with THAT feature, it is a REAL rallycross server!) and i will change the topic!
If you cant, you should change your post!

LFS Norge RX
Quote from bluejudas :LFS Norge RX

I know this server! But there is NO real rallycross start. So i think you do not understand my first post!
Quote from mdmx :Yes, FXR with good gravel tyres and electronic locks (front, central, rear) which can be adjusted by speed and throttle position would be quite near to WRC car.

On full throttle at lower speeds, all the locks are usually very very stiff, which means when you flat it, it will rush where it is pointing. Without throttle locks are pretty much open. Meaning with all those horses you can drive it on gravel like lift off, throw it in hard, flat it.

Oh and we need decent gravel tyres, those beasts goes ~3sek 0-100kmh on GRAVEL. Mainly because all the three diffs are ~100% locked in situations like that (slow speed, full throttle), but also because there is much more grip in real rally tyres. The ones we have now are lacking grip very badly.

Nice idea, but in FIA rules electronic diffs are not allowed in RX!

@all:
The "join message" is written and you can see them again with !rules.
But the jokerlapcheckbug is not fixed atm, so the new version isnt uploaded right now!
This must wait until next year, sorry! Family-time now!

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG