The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You must have the IQ of a 6 yearold downs syndrome sufferer, as the menu's are so easy, my GF can manage them.. even the setup menu she's clever enough to work with.

I am 3 years old so I guess that was a compliment.
Fine, I'll correct myself.

IQ of 6.
You obviously are overrating me.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :To me it makes perfect sense to have FF set per car (therefore obvious enough that its in garage settings) - Personally i wish LFS had this via garage

I'm right with you there. I use a different FF setting for each car, so having that setting in the garage makes perfect sense to me.
It doesn't to me. If I get a setup from someone else I have to fiddle around with it - seating position, FOV, FFB settings - to make it work.

Much better would be to have settings for each car saved in the menu system. You keep the "different settings for different cars" bit that I agree is good, but save a lot of aggro fiddling with non-setup parts of the setup.
I thought I heard multiplayer was available in the 1.1 beta demo, but when I click on the multiplayer race button I am given the following error message:

"An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Does anybody have any idea what that means? And am I wrong about the availability of multiplayer in the demo?

Edit:

I thought something was wrong with my wheel when the FFB went soft after starting the game up again. I didn't realize 'till later that the FFB option was part of the specific setup.

I don't think the interface is bad though, it is just different. A nonconformist would love this.
unless they took it out after 1.03 it should be available to demo players
mind you the words multiplayer and available or functional and netkar are a bit of a strech at the best of times
I guess that is something to consider. As for the multiplayer, I can't get a server list because of whatever that error is. Anybody have any thoughts on the error?
It sounds like you can't get a connection to the Master Server... Do you run a firewall?

I can get a master server list (as of right now)... so there's something on your end.
I figured it was on my end but is there a solution? how do I allow it though my firewall if that is the problem? Do I have to open ports?
I don't think so. I don't have any open ports, so maybe check in your firewall and add an exception for both the Netkar_NT.exe and the nks.exe. It varies for whatever firewall software you use though.
-
(jonthedoors) DELETED by franky500 : Trolling
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by franky500 : no longer relevent
-
-
-
(BlueFlame) DELETED by franky500 : no longer relevent
-
(Gills4life) DELETED by franky500 : no longer relevent
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Quote from Shotglass :
mind you the words multiplayer and available or functional and netkar are a bit of a strech at the best of times

ffs Shotglass, stop talking out of your backside. The multiplayer in 1.1 is as functional as any other sim on the market.

Kindly explain what is wrong with it (with some actual facts, not hearsay) or kindly stfu.

Its a piece of piss to join a server and the netcode is as tight, if not tighter, than any other sim i race.

I really am getting fed up with the complete bullshit that is spoken about netKar at times. This isn't 2007 anymore. The sim's moved on.

@ legoflamb. I responded to your post at RSC. I'm guessing you haven't installed the update to the beta. The issue your having was solved within a few days of the beta 2 release.
Thanks i jut got back and the LFS forum was the first one i checked.

I extracted the patch into my NKp dir but the problem still occurs. Ill try again just to make sure.
If Im not mistaken, check your folder structure... One of the patches (not sure if it was this one, or a past one), creates a folder inside of the NKP folder with the patch payload. If so, move it into the root of your NKP folder to actually patch it.
Quote from legoflamb :Thanks i jut got back and the LFS forum was the first one i checked.

I extracted the patch into my NKp dir but the problem still occurs. Ill try again just to make sure.

Hmm, that's very odd if that doesn't work. The update fixed that problem for everyone else.

Was it a clean install of v1.1 beta 2 in the first place? You didn't install it over 1.03 did you? (that definitely wouldn't work)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :If Im not mistaken, check your folder structure... One of the patches (not sure if it was this one, or a past one), creates a folder inside of the NKP folder with the patch payload. If so, move it into the root of your NKP folder to actually patch it.

Yeah that was the problem.. Got it working now... so when are there demo servers populated?

Thanks go to the both of you.
I find (in my experience) from about 4AM PST to about Noon PST

It sucks being in North America, but it starts with a few of us buying it, then we get more, then we can start a community. I know that Michael Denham has it (I lobbied him into it ), and Myself have licenced copies. Not sure really about any other North Americans though.

I'm although opting for racing once GPC gets back on it's feet. 10 AM on a Saturday for a league race. Seems to work well.

Maybe we need to do a bit of recruiting, to get more North Americans interested, especially with the joy that is the Abarth to drive.
sounds interesting, I'll be a little more motivated to save up for it.
Quote from legoflamb :Yeah that was the problem.. Got it working now... so when are there demo servers populated?

Thanks go to the both of you.

To be honest there's not a lot of pickup racing taking place. Nearly all netKar racing these days seems to be league racing. There's plenty of that taking place. The trouble with demo servers was they attracted a lot of idiots, so all the decent racers stuck to league races.

The next beta should be released to the public very soon though ( it's already being tested privately) and i'm sure there will be a ton of pickup racing going on then, but that will inevitably die off again and everyone will go back to league racing.

Personally speaking that's fine by me, i much prefer racing with the sort of people leagues attract. It is unfortunately not really the sim for you if your looking for pickup racing.

If you fancy trying it out in a league situation then try race2play. They currently run a FF1600 league. Demoers are more than welcome.

@Dustin. Have you considered race2play for some league action? It's a good mix of experienced guys and newcomers to nKPro. Well organised, great servers, clean drivers. The (very popular) F2000 and FTarget leagues are on Mondays though... probably not at the right time for you...
I dunno, for some reason it's the one Sim that I can simply drive and enjoy. LFS I need that competition but NKP has me driving by myself in testing, and enjoying every moment of it.

Although, If I'm not mistaken (I think this might be my new catchphrase...) GPC is probably waiting for 2010 to start a new season, so you do have a bit of time, although there are likely to be some events at some point before the season. Just go register at the GPC site (www.GPChampionship.com), join the Forum, and check to see what kind of stuff is happening.

Moose: I'm literally just signing up for Race2Play right now, I've always been skeptical of it due to initial "OMG PAY?!" concerns, but I know those are moot, so I'm signing up. The time isn't a big deal, as I'm unemployed, so I have all the time in the world for some F2000 racing, although I do want to get my SLI-M mounted to my G25 before I start getting back into simracing. I need the stupid template cut somehow out of aluminum or something.
Too bad I can't drive the FTarget :P I always overestimate the grip that's available, so I always understeer wide, or I'm too slow and lose aero grip.

I'm gonna look into the F2000 league though, the next race (that I will enter, as I suck at Silverstone.. WHERE ARE THE CORNERS?!), is on the 21st, giving me plenty of time to learn to drive.
Looking into R2P right now.
The real tracks are 3rd party, am I correct? I didn't see any on the main website under the tracks section.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG