The online racing simulator
Design a cockpit [Results]
(51 posts, started )
thats realy up to the designers and auon was their competition
Quote from Ziploc :It would be nice if we could get some slightly better plans to build these.

You can see mine on the competition thread (a preview, at least).
I'm okay with giving my pdf to whoever wants it (I would be really happy to see it built too :razz.
I can't wait for my voucher, and I'm also looking forward to see the building of your cockpit, aoun.
Tonix's design is just a basic design from Bernax wich you can order as a kit.
Nvm though, I'm going to buy Bokujishin a s2 license soon.
#30 - aoun
Well he won a 24GBP voucher, so i guess he will have s2 anyway.

This is probably the last competition ill have on these forums. My decision was my decision. I now feel like ive done something wrong to Bokujishin. All i did was picked what i liked most in MY competition.

Wanted to post another competition soon, but no way now.
Thanks Takumi, but aoun will indeed give me a S2 voucher for being second
Aoun, I think what made people react like this is the fact that tonix's design "appeared" when you anounced the results, and nobody knew he was participating, because his design was not posted in the competition thread, while mine and Bmxtwins's were there for a few weeks.
In the end, your choice is the official one, of course, but at first, it looked like a "simple" copy of the picture you posted, so people reacted to that. More pictures of his design maybe could stop this, and you don't have to decide not to organize your next competition because of this one.
Or I would like to know what you were going to organize it about...
Oh, one other thing, you said the £36 voucher was the minimum prize, did tonix get more, or would I have got more if I had won (as you said it looked professional)? (just a matter of curiosity here).

PS: I ask again if you can change my picture for the results, please, here it is (it's a raw render from 3ds max, the design itself is exactly the same as in Inventor, while the one posted is a rough model):
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/471/lfscockpitrender1.jpg
I don't think you wronged anyone. Keep up with the contests they're fun. I wanted to help you more then get the voucher . Plus I was making my own cockpit so why not share it with you.
you can make a silly cockpit and look at a stooge or you can buy a real car...

thats my opinion, i'd prefer the buy a real car option.
Quote from SL1DE :you can make a silly cockpit and look at a stooge or you can buy a real car...

Yay, that's cool for you
aoun decided he wanted to build a cockpit, it's his opinion too.
Quote from SL1DE :you can make a silly cockpit and look at a stooge or you can buy a real car...

You can continue playing demo and look like a stooge or you can buy S2 and drive some real cars...
i dont play demo i made another account for forums lol.

SL1DE to match my racer name
You do know that having multiple accounts is against the rules, don't you?
Quote from aoun :Well he won a 24GBP voucher, so i guess he will have s2 anyway.

This is probably the last competition ill have on these forums. My decision was my decision. I now feel like ive done something wrong to Bokujishin. All i did was picked what i liked most in MY competition.

Wanted to post another competition soon, but no way now.

can i ask when he will get it (was just scrollin thru and noticed he doesnt have S2 yet :really
(if he hasnt already)
It actually isn't, but it's more convenient for the mods.
Quote from Mustangman759 :can i ask when he will get it (was just scrollin thru and noticed he doesnt have S2 yet :really
(if he hasnt already)

what has that got to do with you?
Quote from Bokujishin :So finally the results
Well, I'm really happy to be the runner up (I will have a S2 license, at last!) but I am a bit disappointed, as tonix's design came out of nowhere, whereas you said in the competition thread that we had to post it...
However, I must admit it is very good and well designed too, our designs are quite similar but his looks more like the picture (that he of course tried to recreate). As I look at his design, I have a question to ask tonix: Did you use Solidworks for your design? Looking at the edges, it seems to be from a CAD software, but somehow does not look like Inventor (which I used).

Anyway, I am still pleased to have participated in this competition, as it enabled me to improve on the softwares I use, and also to create something for the first time. By the way, I'm going to remove my pdf from the other thread, and will give it to anyone who wants to build my cockpit, but I will still post images of what it looks like.

Thanks again for the competition, I'm looking forward to see the winner's cockpit built!
(and of course waiting for my license )

EDIT: concerning the software question: or is it Sketchup?
EDIT: Another render from 3ds max, with the model imported from Inventor:
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/471/lfscockpitrender1.jpg

fantastic job... really well done with all the work you put in to this..... glad you got an S2 license for all that work...... very well done indeed!
Kind sucks you put all that hard work in and still no voucher?

"
||||||
Bokujishin
Demo Racer"

Sorry about the flag..
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Nvm though, I'm going to buy Bokujishin a s2 license soon.

So who gave him his current S2 license you or aoun?
#46 - aoun
Just to clear things up.

I got him the licence and yes I was delayed. I hope he is enjoying lfs as it was well deserved for him. Would like to appoligize to him for the delay. Having a real hard time with personal matters at the moment in my life and I had no time to send it over. And to be honest, not sure if I have the time to build the cockpit, let alone play sims for a very long time.. I got a wheel comming in soon that I am waiting to get the invoice and I still won't be able to use it much..
Good luck..
Help!!!!!!!!!
Hey, i am in dire needs for plans for a race simulator for a school assignment other wise i will fail yr12. If any one at all can help me out with some design plans it would be greatly appreciated. I would draw my own but i have no ability to draw on a CAD. PLEASE HELP ME :|
Quote from B-DOG 25 :Hey, i am in dire needs for plans for a race simulator for a school assignment other wise i will fail yr12. If any one at all can help me out with some design plans it would be greatly appreciated. I would draw my own but i have no ability to draw on a CAD. PLEASE HELP ME :|

If you're about to fail school(?) then it's your fault. You better fix it 'cause no one's gonna help u here
Quote from B-DOG 25 :Hey, i am in dire needs for plans for a race simulator for a school assignment other wise i will fail yr12. If any one at all can help me out with some design plans it would be greatly appreciated. I would draw my own but i have no ability to draw on a CAD. PLEASE HELP ME :|

dayum year 12! your grammar sucks.

Design a cockpit [Results]
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG