The online racing simulator
Old server coming back to life
(45 posts, started )
Hey there!

As some of you probally remember the [noobs] team some time ago had some servers running, with aim on fun and not serious racing. It mainly were desctruction derby.

Now, due to some demand for it we have awaken the old [noobs] Sumo server. Sadly the script is gone so it's not like the old sumo, but the aim is the same - to have fun.

There are, however some changes from last time I were running the [noobs] server. This time it won't be destruction derby, but racing. The races will be on various tracks with various cars (1 car at a time for closer races) with layouts. The main idea is to have layouts that will offer some variation to the normal tracks, and produce some fun and challenging races. There most likely will be some contact due to the nature of some of the layouts, and I won't follow with actions accident and wrecks due to that. What I will keep an eye on is purpose wrecking. Do that and I'll make sure your missing the fun. However, some bumping and love-bumbs are allowed.

I think I need to explain a example here so we understand the text above :
You are allowed to bump the car in front of you, or giving it small nudges. You are also allowed to try squeezing through on small spots. However, you canot forcing people into barriers, hit their backside to get them spinning and you WILL brake in corners. I will be specially focused on the last mentioned, if you by will choses not to brake in corners, well then I am personally going to make sure you have no possebilities to be on the server for a long time.

It sounds harsh, it is. But we need to think of the mayority of the server that tries to race.
So, to sum this up :

[n00bs] sumo is racing on layouts. You are allowed to do some contact racing, but try to focus more on the racing than the bumping. I will NOT do anything about accidents, so please don't start shouting "omg xxx wrecked me", unless it's clearly wreck on purpose.
The server is allways up, but at the moment only I am admin on it, therfor I'll give a notice in this topic when I'm on it and when it's et up.

So, want some fun, come join the server now or in the following hours

Note : The server is currently using Z version. I have no knowlege how to upgrade the dedi server to Z28 so atm. it's runnig Z version.
YYYYEEEAAAHHHH

This is great.

My expectation for today - server full
Thank you for the kind reply!

Server is now up, KY1 / 3 laps / xrt / layout loaded.
Quote from The Very End :Note : The server is currently using Z version. I have no knowlege how to upgrade the dedi server to Z28 so atm. it's runnig Z version.

Just replace server's LFS.exe to LFS.exe of Z28 dedi.
The server is not set up by me, but I think Avel in my team, so not that easy to just change that I'll give him a notice so it's fixed to a other day or something.
Cool, will probably check it out in a bit
I'd join but I get an "invalid server link" by join2lfs?

Is this related to the new patch. If so, FU Scawen.
Quote from hyntty :I'd join but I get an "invalid server link" by join2lfs?

Probally because it has been some change to that joining function in the later Z version, try joining it manually.
Great, see you there
#10 - Byku
Nice ^^, gonna join for a minute ^^.
INCOMING!
Good news! Not the Sandero though.

Will try to pop in for a while today, before i go to school.
You don't need join2lfs? LFS supports this by default now!
Quote from RasmusL :You don't need join2lfs? LFS supports this by default now!

Doesn't work for me.

E: IGNORE. I got it working.
GREAT TVE, so much fun!

omæfIEJØOIFnøek!!!
Sounds good TVE, good luck mate!
I had fun
I think I crashed the server lol...

Well, given the one that is in charge of the server (who's that anyway, spammed n00bs forum) a message to fix it

So, guess the fun is out for today, a other day I'll do some more
(tomorrow maybe?)
Just wanted to join. :sadbanana:
It was great!
Quote from The Very End :I think I crashed the server lol...

Well, given the one that is in charge of the server (who's that anyway, spammed n00bs forum) a message to fix it

So, guess the fun is out for today, a other day I'll do some more
(tomorrow maybe?)

:sadbanana
Quote from G!NhO :It was great!

Thanks

And do not worry, more will come. I'll give 'ya a notice when the server is back working as normal.
TVE, I can host server for you, located in europe, 47 slot, pings under 50 to all european countries, 100mbit down and uplink. Completely free because you are poor.

If interested, PM me your MSN/Skype/Steam.
That's very nice of you, let's see how it turn out with the server we/I currently are using now (when it's up lol), if it causes more problems in the future I'll let you know

I am not that poor btw
Your server has horrible lags.

Mine doesn't.

And you are poor because you can't afford to buy me a G25 or at least DFGT

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG