The online racing simulator
Quote from ZODhog :Please investigate #11 T. Livonen vs. #34 B. Mihály situation about lap 215 (GT1). Sorry for my bad english.

After investigation, the admins have deemed this incident a racing incident. Both the #34 and the #11 move slightly toward each other, just before the turn-in for the final hairpin turn. Both could have given more room and shown better judgment. No penalty will be applied.
Quote from rcpilot :5:12 into the race, my lap 34, lead lap 204.

#08 C.Green and #46 R.Koots

1st semi-corner under the bridge. #46 seems unaware of the presence of #08 until it's too late, squeezes #08 into the inner wall, causing #08 to spin, take right side damage, and lose at least about 14 seconds and a position all told. Original loss from the spin, plus heavy overheating on the right side tires, and the effect of the damage over the stint (not counting that, but my car wasn't right after that incident).

After review, the admins have decided that the #08 car made an ill-advised move in attempting to pass going into the bridge turn. Throughout the race, other GT1 cars lapping GT2 cars backed off in similar circumstances, knowing that it is very difficult to control your car if you are off-line in that corner, or if you are forced to lift. The #08 did not lift, despite being fully behind the GT2 car at turn-in, and the results were self-evident.

For a reckless pass attempt that resulted in damage to other teams, #08 receives a DT-equivalent 30s penalty in the final standings.

In addition, it has come to light that R. Koots was driving with a view that precluded the use of mirrors (specifically chase view), a fact that undoubtedly contributed to the incident. In the next set of rules revisions, to be delivered prior to Round 3 at Westhill, we will institute a new rule that bans any driving view that does not allow use of mirrors. We will also ask all drivers to use mirrors, no matter what view they do choose to use.

We have no issue with the use of custom views, and have no intention to institute a FCV policy. However, we find it to be an unacceptable safety risk to drive without mirrors, particularly a multi-class series.
Yea, sorry all.
I'm usin cockpit view now and i have mirrors too.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :After thorough review, the admins have decided to give driver Rudy van Buren an official warning for his driving conduct when unlapping himself from the F1RST Racing car of Vincent Staal. Though his pass on Staal was technically clean, and though we understand that he was faster and in a hurry to get a lap back, we feel that Rudy should have been more aware of the fact that Vince was fighting for the lead of the race and waited for a more opportune moment to make a pass in a way that would not have affected the fight.

Rudy's behavior in the following races will be closely monitored, and any further lapses of judgment may be met with harsh penalties.

I know it means nothing now and it never really would have made a differnce in the investigation but here goes, Vince treated Rudy as if he was fighting for the position, if he had just backed off slightly and gave Rudy enough room then the contact wouldn't of happend and he would of kept his position.

IMO Rudy done what anyone else would have done in his situation, it's all about taking your opportunitys when they arrise and I feel that especcially on the stream a lot of the comments made about the role he played were really unfair. Especcially since it went along the lines of "Rudy got involved which led to Low flipping and landing on their roof"....
i was also fighting for 1st place between low and first, and i let rudy through because he was on a light tank and good tyres. i don't know why you'd keep someone who is a fast driver, with a fast car, behind you (when you're on a heavy tank like vince, low and myself were)? i also had an evil plan that rudy will cause an incident in front of me, because i couldn't pass vince cleanly without him making a mistake, i involved my mate rudy and exactly what i thought would happen, happened - a crash which hands me 1 or 2 places

as ol mate good pal jeffery bazza says, it won't make a difference now, and it wouldn't have made shit all diference then.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :After review, the admins have decided that the #08 car made an ill-advised move in attempting to pass going into the bridge turn. Throughout the race, other GT1 cars lapping GT2 cars backed off in similar circumstances, knowing that it is very difficult to control your car if you are off-line in that corner, or if you are forced to lift. The #08 did not lift, despite being fully behind the GT2 car at turn-in, and the results were self-evident.

For a reckless pass attempt that resulted in damage to other teams, #08 receives a DT-equivalent 30s penalty in the final standings.

In addition, it has come to light that R. Koots was driving with a view that precluded the use of mirrors (specifically chase view), a fact that undoubtedly contributed to the incident. In the next set of rules revisions, to be delivered prior to Round 3 at Westhill, we will institute a new rule that bans any driving view that does not allow use of mirrors. We will also ask all drivers to use mirrors, no matter what view they do choose to use.

We have no issue with the use of custom views, and have no intention to institute a FCV policy. However, we find it to be an unacceptable safety risk to drive without mirrors, particularly a multi-class series.

Don't want to drag this down into the dirt, but this decision just seems silly to me. It only took me FF'ing through half an hour of the replay I have to find only 2 instances of the same situation, each time with the GT1 driver making the same decision I did. Just normally the GT2 is capable of seeing it coming and easily makes room. Everyone else could either pull well ahead by the apex, had no chance of pulling alongside and backed out, or didn't get affected by the GT2 while behind.

And with regards to lifting, no, obviously I didn't lift to back out behind the GT2. But I did lift significantly trying to drive fully side by side at the apex, going 140 mph with little lateral load on the tires when I got pushed up into the wall (~157 is the normal speed at that point).

Plus even this from the driver of the GT2.
Quote :Yeh, it's totally my fault. Really sorry Core GT1.

I'd like to think that in MoE, an extremely wide normally flatout corner would be easy as pie to deal with. This isn't public racing.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :After investigation, the admins have deemed this incident a racing incident. Both the #34 and the #11 move slightly toward each other, just before the turn-in for the final hairpin turn. Both could have given more room and shown better judgment. No penalty will be applied.

Accepted, thank you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG