The online racing simulator
6 Hours of South City Long: Protests
State your protest here:

Include the following in your protest
• The correct lap,
• The cars (/teams) involved
• The lap/sector/time
• And a short description from your point of view.

Admins may request a replay of the incident, cut to show the lead-up to and
aftermath of the incident.

Free sites to upload movies are: http://www.mediafire.com
http://www.rapidshare.com
#2 - scipy
- Lap 6
- #41 and #39
- Lap 6, exit of last turn
- #41 has the outside line and some overlap, #39 turns right (into 41) and makes unnecesarry contact putting both cars in a wall.

- Lap 7
- #41 and #39
- Lap 7, approach to T1
- #39 changes his line on approach to T1, turning into #41 causing damage and loss of time. Clearley visable on the live-stream and from aerial view of the replay.

http://www.team-sirius.com/downloads/protest.mpr
Quote from scipy :- Lap 6
- #41 and #39
- Lap 6, exit of last turn
- #41 has the outside line and some overlap, #39 turns right (into 41) and makes unnecesarry contact putting both cars in a wall.

This is a racing incident, though it shows a lack of situational awareness on both drivers' parts.

Quote :- Lap 7
- #41 and #39
- Lap 7, approach to T1
- #39 changes his line on approach to T1, turning into #41 causing damage and loss of time. Clearley visable on the live-stream and from aerial view of the replay.

#39 makes an odd and dangerous move, turning toward the #41 and away from the normal racing line, making contact with him and turning both cars in the middle of the straight. DT to #39 for avoidable contact and dangerous driving.
#4 - CSF
• Lap 43 (GT2)/sec 1/ time dunno
• 35 Sonicrealms GT2 and 07 Inferno

We came out of the pits inferno got alongside into T3 and drove as if we wern't there turning in for the apex of T3 destroying our car.
Mysho says sorry and he says he had no other choice because behind him were cars aswell and he just tried to avoid any contact (also with you)

We are sorry
Lap 2 (1st racing lap)
#32 and #41
Lap 2 (why again?), sector 1, turns 1 and 2

#41 Norbi gets out of shape in t1 and tags my back end when I'm clearly gonna take 2nd place, takes advantage of that to take my position. In turn 2 he then squeezes me into the wall when I've plenty of overlap. Maybe it's a racing incident but imo it's not fair for him to take a position by t-boning me,
Quote from joshdifabio :Lap 2 (1st racing lap)
#32 and #41
Lap 2 (why again?), sector 1, turns 1 and 2

#41 Norbi gets out of shape in t1 and tags my back end when I'm clearly gonna take 2nd place, takes advantage of that to take my position. In turn 2 he then squeezes me into the wall when I've plenty of overlap. Maybe it's a racing incident but imo it's not fair for him to take a position by t-boning me,

Warning to #41 for hard driving.
Quote from CSF :• Lap 43 (GT2)/sec 1/ time dunno
• 35 Sonicrealms GT2 and 07 Inferno

We came out of the pits inferno got alongside into T3 and drove as if we wern't there turning in for the apex of T3 destroying our car.

#07 tries to pass #35 on the outside in t2, causing a contact between both cars. #01 gives #35 a tap on the rear causing #35 and 07 to spin. 01 gets then also a push on the rear by #02 causing both cars the right side of the track

35 gets a final push from the upcomming car #45

Intial trouble starts with the contact of #07 and #35, both cars being under a blue flag.

DT for #07 for causing a crash
Warning to #07 and #35 to not ignore the blue flags.
Quote from three_jump :#07 tries to pass #35 on the outside in t2, causing a contact between both cars. #01 gives #35 a tap on the rear causing #35 and 07 to spin. 01 gets then also a push on the rear by #02 causing both cars the right side of the track

Intial trouble starts with the contact of #07 and #35, both cars being under a blue flag.

From our side it was a clear racing incident so in dubio pro reo but apparently that rule does not go
#10 - CSF
Quote from three_jump :#07 tries to pass #35 on the outside in t2, causing a contact between both cars. #01 gives #35 a tap on the rear causing #35 and 07 to spin. 01 gets then also a push on the rear by #02 causing both cars the right side of the track

Where the heck would you like 7 and 35 to go? The moon?
Yup i am just saying it wasn't intented and a drivers fault so... anyway
This isn't a protest but it very well should have been to n1, spinning in the hairpin and driving the wrong way into the corner is so bloody stupid, if I hadn't of been lucky our race would be in even more ruins.
The incident(s) with #12 unlapping himself will be investigated after the race.
- Lap 42
- Cars #05 and #40
- 1:03.20 into the race

Car #05 attempts a passing manouver on the lapped GT2 car of #40. Car #40 refuses to give #05 the position despite being on the outside through the corner, and then proceeds to hold up #05 for the rest of the lap until the backstraight in the final sector.

It states in the rules:

A driver under a blue flag SHOULD keep to his line and give way when the
lapping car presents an overtaking maneuver

Cut replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?l2mznwlz0mz
#39 is failing to let us go for several laps, several times now while they are having blue flag. And even showing like intention of letting us go but eventually dont, causing contact, damage and time loss.
Lap 141 for example.
Quote from DaveWS :- Lap 42
- Cars #05 and #40
- 1:03.20 into the race

Car #05 attempts a passing manouver on the lapped GT2 car of #40. Car #40 refuses to give #05 the position despite being on the outside through the corner, and then proceeds to hold up #05 for the rest of the lap until the backstraight in the final sector.

It states in the rules:

A driver under a blue flag SHOULD keep to his line and give way when the
lapping car presents an overtaking maneuver

Cut replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?l2mznwlz0mz

The attempted of a passing maneuver is close to a divebomb for the #05 car as the attempted their pass from a long distance. #40 gave enough room (frankly the fact that they gave enough room resulted in little to no damage due to passing attempt) and kept its line clearly.

A GT2 car will always have a blue flag, but they drive in a different class. Passing a different class car should be done in a safe manner.

Protest denied.
Quote from Norbi :#39 is failing to let us go for several laps, several times now while they are having blue flag. And even showing like intention of letting us go but eventually dont, causing contact, damage and time loss.
Lap 141 for example.

The attempted of a passing maneuver is close to a divebomb for the #41 car as the attempted their pass from a long distance.

You were not close enough.

Protest denied.
Please investigate #11 T. Livonen vs. #34 B. Mihály situation about lap 215 (GT1). Sorry for my bad english.
5:12 into the race, my lap 34, lead lap 204.

#08 C.Green and #46 R.Koots

1st semi-corner under the bridge. #46 seems unaware of the presence of #08 until it's too late, squeezes #08 into the inner wall, causing #08 to spin, take right side damage, and lose at least about 14 seconds and a position all told. Original loss from the spin, plus heavy overheating on the right side tires, and the effect of the damage over the stint (not counting that, but my car wasn't right after that incident).
Quote from rcpilot :5:12 into the race, my lap 34, lead lap 204.

#08 C.Green and #46 R.Koots

1st semi-corner under the bridge. #46 seems unaware of the presence of #08 until it's too late, squeezes #08 into the inner wall, causing #08 to spin, take right side damage, and lose at least about 14 seconds and a position all told. Original loss from the spin, plus heavy overheating on the right side tires, and the effect of the damage over the stint (not counting that, but my car wasn't right after that incident).

Yeh, it's totally my fault. Really sorry Core GT1.
Quote from three_jump :The attempted of a passing maneuver is close to a divebomb for the #41 car as the attempted their pass from a long distance.

You were not close enough.

Protest denied.

I'm not in any way involved with the team, but this just seems absurd.
This decision is contradicting moe rules:
  • Blue flags must be respected in a timely manner.
  • A driver under a blue flag should NOT behave erratically, or in any way that would confuse the lapping car.
  • A driver under a blue flag SHOULD keep to his line and give way when the lapping car presents an overtaking maneuver.
  • Repeated blocking under blue flag may result in a DT penalty
With any common sense, if you are being lapped the car behind you is considerably faster. Therefore in these situations driving your own pace until the other car is touching your bumper just isn't going to work. Especially when speed difference isn't greater than 0.5-1s per lap, overtaking is very difficult. Losing downforce prevents you from closing the gap. From what i've gathered the gap was within this margin and therefore it seems obvious to me the car infront should lift and let the faster car pass. Even more so as there's plenty of room to do so on the straight.
The very definition of blue flag is to signal the driver that he has to let a faster car coming from behind pass. How does keeping your own pace for multiple laps and completely disregarding the car behind comply with this? Not a very 'timely fashion' in my oppinion.

Even if #41 gives room to #39 when coming out of pits, as they should, doesnt mean #39 can ignore a blue flag. Also after the minor collision at T1, #41 drives the gap down in a lap or two. After that blue flag is shown pretty much constantly from laps 141 to 149 to the #39 car. For last 3 laps all #39 could see from the rearview mirror was Petri's angry eyes staring at him.
Does your decision mean drivers can ignore blue flags and only let other cars pass when they see fit?
Exactly the point. Thanks for pointing it out. And lap 141 was just an example, the tip of the iceberg. Our car was following #39 for like even 20 laps throughout the race at different stages, and I undestand that they didnt want to lose any time, but this is unacceptable.
PLUS ****ING ONE

+1

If the driver behind is in a position where he can even remotely "divebomb" a car in front which is under a WAVED BLUE FLAG and not some inter-class-move-when-u-can-or-not-at-all blue flag - that means the driver in front didn't move in a timely manner.
There were other incidents where the same thing happened, I found myself two laps behind Felix Hillen before he made a mistake and I could pass. It's too damn hard to close the gap in the tight section of the track with all the aeroloss LFS generates.
I was only able to overtake him when he made a mistake in the last turn and I was flashing my lights madly.

However, one should have a feeling for when the correct time for overtaking has come. The blue flag is shown very early and sometimes the lapping car is not in slipstream distance yet but doesn't close the gap either. Then it's no deal to stay in front as long as your dirty air trailing behind doesn't prevent the lapping car from lapping.
Quote from three_jump :The incident(s) with #12 unlapping himself will be investigated after the race.

After thorough review, the admins have decided to give driver Rudy van Buren an official warning for his driving conduct when unlapping himself from the F1RST Racing car of Vincent Staal. Though his pass on Staal was technically clean, and though we understand that he was faster and in a hurry to get a lap back, we feel that Rudy should have been more aware of the fact that Vince was fighting for the lead of the race and waited for a more opportune moment to make a pass in a way that would not have affected the fight.

Rudy's behavior in the following races will be closely monitored, and any further lapses of judgment may be met with harsh penalties.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG