The online racing simulator
Anyone in UK flooded out?
(62 posts, started )
#26 - DeKo
I live halfway up a hill (airdrie is full of them, its a bloody nightmare to walk anywhere), so ive got no chance of ever flooding. Typically though there was the usual tree huggers on the news tonight saying "This is global warmings fault, we told you you shouldnt have left that tap running 10 seconds longer than you had to".

Its bloody brilliant though, here weve been getting scorching weather, its usually the exact opposite way round.
Quote from GFresh :plus i hope i dont have to go back and redo the electrical work i did there.

just don't do the electrical work like this looser:

Quote from Zachary Zoomy :just don't do the electrical work like this looser:

[picture]

Never been to Spain then? That is normal, yet very scary.
I lost internet on Saturday afternoon and got it back today. These floods are higher than anything we've had before loads of abandoned cars and floods where there never used to be them.
I haven't lived here that long but it's crazy, never seen anything like it ever.
Quote from DeKo : Typically though there was the usual tree huggers on the news tonight saying "This is global warmings fault, we told you you shouldnt have left that tap running 10 seconds longer than you had to".

Dont be so narrow minded. Global warming is partly to blame for all this extreme weather & we all have to do our bit. The flooding will eventually hurt your pocket.

When a hurricane hits Scotland & blows your house away your gona be wishing you hugged a few trees .
#32 - mr_x
I think this kinda disproves global warming, because they all said it'll be warmer and drier summers and colder and wetter winters.... Well... I don't see much of a dry summer here.

I've never really believed in global warming, and this just backs the 'bullsh*t' theory up even more
I work for the Local Authority here and i've been around the wosrt hit areas helping and doing our bit. Evesham is like a war zone around Waterside. Funny how people have short memories when they say this is a once in a lifetime event. I was doing this after the floods of Easter 1998, they were only 150mm (ish) lower than this......
Quote from mr_x :

I've never really believed in global warming, and this just backs the 'bullsh*t' theory up even more

Well weather you believe it or not, it is happening.

Why do you think you have a cat fitted to your car?
Why are the government constantly trying to cut down on emissions?
Where did all those wind turbines come from?

The greenhouse effect is proven theory the planet is getting warmer.
Quote from anttt69 :Well weather you believe it or not, it is happening.

The greenhouse effect is proven theory the planet is getting warmer.

Planet getting warmer?
I BELIEVE!!!!

Cars and Homo Erectus being the cause?
BOVINE EXCREMENT!!

Reason for this theory?
The planet has been going through warming up/cooling down throughout the last 30 million years or so!
Or maybe Neanderthal Man didn't have a catalytic converter fitted to his club when he went hunting for food..thats what caused teh Ice Age!!!
Quote from anttt69 :

How do those things prove that global warming is caused by man?
#37 - DeKo
Quote from mr_x :I think this kinda disproves global warming, because they all said it'll be warmer and drier summers and colder and wetter winters.... Well... I don't see much of a dry summer here.

Naahh it doesnt disprove global warming, because its so extreme it pretty much proves it. The thing that pisses me off is that everybody seems to think humans are to blame, which is just complete bollocks. The earth has gone between global cooling and global warming for as long as its existed, just because we leave the TV on standy for a couple of hours doesnt make a tiny bit of difference. Its frightening how little we actually do to bring about global warming.

The governments are trying to introduce the wind generators and cut down the use of fossil fuels Because their running out.
Quote from anttt69 :Dont be so narrow minded. Global warming is partly to blame for all this extreme weather & we all have to do our bit. The flooding will eventually hurt your pocket.

No it's been caused by a naturally occurring abnormally cool part in the Pacific ocean changing the flow of the Jet stream over Europe.
#39 - mr_x
Quote from Bladerunner :Planet getting warmer?
I BELIEVE!!!!

Cars and Homo Erectus being the cause?
BOVINE EXCREMENT!!

Reason for this theory?
The planet has been going through warming up/cooling down throughout the last 30 million years or so!
Or maybe Neanderthal Man didn't have a catalytic converter fitted to his club when he went hunting for food..thats what caused teh Ice Age!!!

I agree with the old man
Quote from DeKo :
The governments are trying to introduce the wind generators and cut down the use of fossil fuels Because they are running out.

spelling police strike again!

I think that Global Warming does exist. However, I also think Global Warming is mostly part of the earth's natural heating and cooling cycles. I think the problem lies in that human emissions have accelerated and and exaggerated the effects of global warming. Effectively our excess emissions are 'the straws that broke the camels back'!

Even if we totally disregard the Global Warming theory, I still think it is a good idea to seek alternative fuels and sources of energy. After all, like was said above, current fuel systems will run out. (Which means I may be out of a job! doh! /me plans future career change!)
BUMP.

Flooded out here in Redditch. I got in the car to goto work this morning, and the lane going out onto the main road has about 3 feet of water at the bottom of it, to which the lane rises a little and i can see the main road is in about a foot of water which most people are piling through.

My dad lives on the same lane as me (who i work for) so neither of us can get to work atm, and it looks like we won't be able to for a while as it is still raining fairly hard. I shall drive back down there at lunch and see how it is.

Luckily, my house is on a fairly steep hill so i doubt it will get flooded. The worst i have ever got it was a couple of inches in the Garden.
Dam, saw this on tv, crazy shit, youre lucky you dont live down there. Lose your lfs and shit. That would be a nigthmare
#43 - 5haz
Its been relatively ok here down in the South East, thoughts go out to those less lucky up North.

Was at Brands Hatch yesterday and I've never seen rain like it in years, caused absolute havoc in the paddock then left as fast as it appeared.

It is bloody freezing though, I guess we're all getting sick of this wind and rain now.
Strangely the Ouse reached its peak on Thursday about 12ft higher than normal, then started going back down, we've got 13.5 feet of flood gate on the river Foss so we were OK.

The Kings Arms still flooded but that place floods every time it rains.
I might ride down past the river Mersey on the way home from work and see how high that is. There's a little tiny ricketty footbridge over the river which usually is about 10 feet above a lazy, 2-foot-deep river. The last time we had floods standing on it was terrifying, with coffee-coloured, swirling water going past about 2 inches under your feet at running speed.
I drove back down to the end of the lane 10 minutes ago, and the water is still too high to drive through but it's a little shallower. I hope it goes by tomorow morning. I need to work.
fit water proofing and an outboard to your car
It's raining damn hard here.
None stop rain here for days, But i live on a big hill so i dont care
It's been raining? It was a little damp here on Saturday but I've not been out in any real rain yet. Maybe that's because I'm always stuck inside, either at home or at work, and miss it all. To think I was at the beach the day before these floods happened. I always thought that grey and raining was business as usual over here.

Anyone in UK flooded out?
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG