The online racing simulator
Anyone in UK flooded out?
(62 posts, started )
I live in a village about 8 miles away from Evesham and Pershore in Worcestershire and we are totally cut off because of flood water!!!
Thankfully we are not actually flooded just cut off.

My wife is currently stranded in Tewkesbury. There is no chance of her getting home today either due to the huge floods between there and home.

I know there are other drivers who live in this area and wondered how they were doing.

There is another village close by (about 4 miles) called Sedgeberrow and thet have had to be airlifted out of their homes by the Air Sea Rescue helicopters.

Nice way to start the summer............
Quote :There is another village close by (about 4 miles) called Sedgeberrow and thet have had to be airlifted out of their homes by the Air Sea Rescue helicopters.

Bl**dy hell! i was working in someones house there earlier in the week, i hope they're not flooded out, they were nice people, plus i hope i dont have to go back and redo the electrical work i did there.
Luckily not flooded out, but was cut off for a while...only one road into/out of village, and that ALWAYS floods when it rains!
Its seems to have pretty much missed us, both times. The river Mersey runs past about 300m from my house (its only about 20ft wide here) and that rose up close to the banks, but didn't flood.
dam....that was bad yesterday...my dads whole work was flooded out, he owns the pharmacy, had to remove like, practically all the medicine...summer, if you call it summer?
We had a load of rain where I lived. But I live on the North Downs Way, a rather high hill range in Kent. So no flooding will ever happen here.
#7 - ajp71
Had no phones and an extra person who couldn't get home. River will probably be in the garden when I bother to get up, but thankfully my garden is sufficiently annoyingly vertical that it never gets very far up it
Being that I live were I do, for my house to flood about 80% of England would have to be underwater. So I don't see it happening any time soon. All I get is a refreshing coldness, as it has been so damn humid here recently D:

Can you believe that environmentalists have claimed this year is going to be the hottest on record, ha! yeah right. Is that before or after the constant flooding.

Though what really stinks is I know the places down south will get more funding and put right before the people who got hit last time.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Being that I live were I do, for my house to flood about 80% of England would have to be underwater. So I don't see it happening any time soon. All I get is a refreshing coldness, as it has been so damn humid here recently D:

Can you believe that environmentalists have claimed this year is going to be the hottest on record, ha! yeah right. Is that before or after the constant flooding.

Though what really stinks is I know the places down south will get more funding and put right before the people who got hit last time.

Well I have not felt much heat, so I'm guessing it will be after the flooding?

Our summer probably will consist of a nice hot weekend sometime, then that is about it...
#10 - mr_x
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Being that I live were I do, for my house to flood about 80% of England would have to be underwater. So I don't see it happening any time soon. All I get is a refreshing coldness, as it has been so damn humid here recently D:

Same with me. Although 90% of the UK would be more accurate

To those who are flooded, hope you get everything sorted out and all back to normal again soon!
I live near the sea, but no floods
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Though what really stinks is I know the places down south will get more funding and put right before the people who got hit last time.

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a relief fund they get down on the M4 corridor compared to places like Hull, Sheffield and Filey.
Quote from mr_x :
To those who are flooded, hope you get everything sorted out and all back to normal again soon!

There are some poor sods in the Thames Valley that have been flooded out 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years...every time they get back to normal, it bloody rains again!
Poor buggers, I'm just glad I don't have to pay the insurance bills that they must be getting...IF they can find anybody to insure them now!
Quote from Bladerunner :There are some poor sods in the Thames Valley that have been flooded out 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years...every time they get back to normal, it bloody rains again!
Poor buggers, I'm just glad I don't have to pay the insurance bills that they must be getting...IF they can find anybody to insure them now!

And that is why you don't live on a flood plain. The council here want to build tons of new houses on some land which is in a flood plain, the reason no one has built on it is because every year it floods, so even if they put up flood defence it'll still be at high risk of flooding, it is stupid.
My family didn't buy a house that was built on flood plains, so no. Most of these places have flooded for hundreds if not thousands of years, if the developers are stupid enough to build there then the buyers must be really bloody stupid. The owners probably can't even spell flood, let alone research the area before buying a house.

I bet the insurance companies are really hating this summer though.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
I bet the insurance companies are really hating this summer though.

Not nearly as much as everybody else is gonna hate seeing the rise in their premiums next year...same as car insurance, the companies take the hammering, but it's the poor bloody consumers that pay for it in the end
We shall hereby rename Summer to Flooder. Enjoy your nice wet Flooder .

Even Texas is being flooded by rain and such.
I had to tie the Mrs up earlier...we had a visit from a real fireman, warning us that there was a possibility of a risk of flooding...
He said he had to warn the whole village, even though we were not in any direct risk personally, because the bottom end of the village is at river level, but we are about 30 metres higher than river level..
I told him that if WE get flooded, then the local town will be completely submerged!

Quote :Also heard from a mate this morning that had been stuck on the M1 from 4pm yesterday until 8am today

That's completely normal even when it ISN'T raining!
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :And that is why you don't live on a flood plain.

Living by the Thames Barrier is a fine thing.
Best wishes to all of you across the pond. Floods are rotten stuff.

Saw some of it on the news this AM, thoughts went to you guys
Floods are crap when it get's your house, but thankfully i've mostly lived in the middle of a hill, like now it's all just draining down to the pour b**tards house down the road, but the thunder is scaring me!

Was sunny earlier but now we seem to have inherited your flood weather....
At the moment we have the telly, three-piece suite, stereo etc. upstairs, the living room carpet is upstairs, and the rest of the furniture is on the dining room table....Just in case!!!
Sod moving the cooker/fridge/washing machine, they are too heavy to get up the stairs. All we can do is hope...
Its OK to make comments about floodplains, but this area has NOT flooded in over 300 years, and now I don't need sandbags, I'm s**tting enough bricks to build my own dam!

Quote from Me :I told him that if WE get flooded, then the local town will be completely submerged!

It's getting that way now!!
/me runs off to check insurance policy for the 27th time this week.
Quote from mrfell :I live in a village about 8 miles away from Evesham and Pershore in Worcestershire and we are totally cut off because of flood water!!!
Thankfully we are not actually flooded just cut off.

My wife is currently stranded in Tewkesbury. There is no chance of her getting home today either due to the huge floods between there and home.

I know there are other drivers who live in this area and wondered how they were doing.

There is another village close by (about 4 miles) called Sedgeberrow and thet have had to be airlifted out of their homes by the Air Sea Rescue helicopters.

Nice way to start the summer............

Start of the summer? I must have missed it, I haven't seen one nice day yet!!

Your in evesham? I work in Enysham and live in Chipping Norton! =)
Nothing, but lots of rain.

I live on a slight hill so probs for me anyways

(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG