The online racing simulator
Quote from pik_d :I beg of you, please do not do this to me if I am in a position to lap you ever. You obviously have no intention of listening to others trying to correct a horrible driving error but please please do not brake on the racing line in front of me.

Or he won't lift and he'll send you flying like he does too me!

<3 Pik
Quote from racer hero :Or he won't lift and he'll send you flying like he does too me!

<3 Pik

It's true. I will. I'll send you to the moon if you brake test me.
Quote from pik_d :It's true. I will. I'll send you to the moon if you brake test me.

I should try that in LOTA on Thursday...
Quote from HVS5b :In reply to pikd:

Keeping it brief.

Honestly man, we know we're not the fastest drivers and are open to constructive criticism! But a dab of the left, say 25% (whilst still on full throttle) to kill the acceleration slightly, in order to give way to a car which is "concentrating on getting around us" doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

The edit thing: that was our only even slight contact with any other cars during the race. Apart from when I drove into a spinner right ahead of me

No biggie, I just think our driver, under those circumstances, is undeserving of criticism.

Can we drop it now pls?

Que sera sera

How is this not constructive?

Quote from pik_d :
Braking on the racing line while not in a braking zone is a horrible idea, especially when there is a car behind you concentrating on getting around you. They are going to assume that you are going to remain as predictable as possible (that is, braking in braking zones, staying on throttle when on the racing line) so that they can worry about making a clean pass.

Your driver made an incredibly dangerous, unpredictable move. Even at full throttle, "dabbing" the brakes 25% (!!!!) doesn't just "kill acceleration slightly," it will knock off at least 10 MPH in the time it would take a closely following car to react. For the life of me, I can't understand how you got it in your head that your driver doesn't deserve any criticism--it was a seriously bad move.

Given that your driver apparently felt compelled to slow down beyond early for the chicane in order to let the 00 car past, he still could have done it cleanly and safely by:
  • Waiting for the 00 car to pull out from behind, THEN applying the brakes; or
  • Pulling off the racing line and applying the brakes
Is that constructive enough?
Quote from pik_d :

Edit: Later in the race I was being lapped by two cars one lap ahead of me, fighting for somewhere between 8th-10th or something. I got completely off the racing line (I went to the left of the straight) while still pretty far from the braking zone, I think just after the bridge. I then lifted to let both cars past. No incidents happened because I moved left far enough ahead of them that they could see where I was going well before they drafted up to me. I would suggest doing this if you really feel the need to slow yourself to let lapping traffic past.

Much love <3
-
(SAxor) DELETED by SAxor
Quote from HVS5b :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1310686#post1310686

!

Come on guys, its not about 00 being 'caught off guard' its the return to the racing line that causes the incident.

I wont labour the point, let the admins admin.

I support this!

Despite the bad outcome for car 00 , this accident has nothing to do with letting car 00 pass..the only real mistake here was trying to get right in front of car 09, when it was too early and too risky. Car 00 didn´t even have to do that. He could just have stayed on the line he had during the passing until the chikane and everything would have been fine... Whether car 09 accelerate or not after the braking isn´t very important, because car 00 shouldn´t have gone to the right after the passing anyway.

This is just a good example of a passing car error. He thinks he has left room for the passed car, but actually he hasn´t.
Saw this in the protest thread:

Quote from dekojester :
Quote from Drift King CZ :
Lap and Replay Time of incident: 3:00:20-30 replay time, lap 143 (last lap), before final chicane
Car(s) involved: #22, #12
Brief description of incident: #12 pushed #22 on grass which resulted in lose of position.

Car 12 makes an overtake between Cars 22 and 17 on the backstretch. On approach to the chicane, Car 12 is alongside and about 75% ahead of Car 22. Car 12 appears to move right and push #22 off. Car 12 was not actively turning right, the car was drifting to the right, and there was some car jitter observed, perhaps causing the rightward movement impression. We are declaring this a racing incident, but issuing another reminder to competitors to be careful with distances between cars.

I mostly agree with this assessment, that the 12 car was drifting right and jittered into the 22. However, I'm interested in what happens after this incident.

After negotiating the chicane, the 12 car (driven by V. Lombardi) exits the hairpin with the 17 car immediately behind. They cross the line in that order, at which point Lombardi does a dance on an off the throttle and brake pedals, result in slight contact and nearly putting himself on his lid. He corrects, keeping it on its wheels (admittedly, it was pretty impressive), then, after being instructed to drive slowly back to pit lane, proceeds to finish the lap at race pace. He skips the pit entrance, driving full-speed up the front stretch, narrowly missing the two cars getting organized for the podium picture.

There's no excuse for that kind of behavior. He:
  1. drove dangerously into T1 after the race had ended
  2. willfully disobeyed instructions to drive slowly back to pit lane
  3. drove dangerously past cars he knew to be stopped on the racing surface
  4. narrowly missed spectacularly disrupting post-race proceedings
Obviously this isn't (and can't be) a protest but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Well on the subject of post-race shenanigans, we have moron face #14 deliberately spinning over the line into the 3rd place car, then spins out after T5 and takes out #05, and then goes through the chicane barriers at full speed.

Drivers have been punished for this kind of shit in the past in NDR events and rightly so.
Quote from boothy :
Drivers have been punished for this kind of shit in the past in NDR events and rightly so.

Good. I understand we're in an "amateur" league, but it's really disappointing to be on track with people who can't at least act professionally.
Too much yadda yadda going on. This is round 1. This is a league to learn and make progress. Much more rounds to go. Let it go, take a deep breath and see you in Kyoto folks.

:bunny:
Quote from GianniC :Too much yadda yadda going on. This is round 1. This is a league to learn and make progress. Much more rounds to go. Let it go, take a deep breath and see you in Kyoto folks.

:bunny:

Well, its sometimes good to tell people about their mistakes, so they can actually learn from it
Yes , i have read and learned. Thank you for this useful assessment.
Can i just say....My noobish mistake at the start of the race will never be repeated again.
Other then that i enjoyed the rest of my race trying to recover from that incident.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG