The online racing simulator
Mercedes take ownership of Brawn
(82 posts, started )
Quote from Greboth :The previous world champsion and the current racing each other in the same machinary - who is going to win.

Alonso of course
TBH if I had to choose between Kimi and Button in my team, Button would be spending next season doing his garden.

But then McLaren have worked with Kimi before and I suppose from a PR perspective he's a bit of a liability, which seems to matter to people like Ron Dennis. Oh well.
Good news.

Go go Mclaren!

And yeah. Kimi to the pub. Thats what you get for being so picky - nothing...
Kimi's motivation is really going to be tested now.
Quote from BurnOut69 :Alonso of course

I do not doubt that Alonso is a very talented driver. I just don't like him. Anyway, Patriotism FTW!

Quote from thisnameistaken :But then McLaren have worked with Kimi before and I suppose from a PR perspective he's a bit of a liability, which seems to matter to people like Ron Dennis. Oh well.

But Ron has moved into the road car side of McLaren so, while he will still have influence, I wonder how much influence he has regards to driver line up. With McLaren being a bigger part in F1 now, maybe Ron will be back. Kimi has had some good races this season and he finished well in the points but he still seemed to be just this season IMO.
Quote from deggis :Kimi's motivation is really going to be tested now.

How many vodka drinks he and drink?
#32 - JCTK
Quote from Intrepid :Lewis most likely.

If button is to Mac then what now for Kimi?

agree, especially since Lewis is usually quite hard on his tyres, while Button is usually a very smooth driver and very easy on his tyres, it would be a nightmare for McLaren to try and provide a car that can suit both... and since most of the design is done already I presume the car would gotta be very much to Lewis' liking...

and now Kimi would be at the pub, or on a yacht naked, having alcoholic drinks as well as some ice cream to go along with it...
Quote from Greboth :I remember reading somewhere, I think it was an interview with Ross, that he joined too late in the development of 2008 to have a big impact. Only through the season he could. Whereas 2009 was under the full impact of having Ross on board. Either way, it was an amazing transformation.

Button and Hamilton in the same team would be an awesome line up. The previous world champsion and the current racing each other in the same machinary - who is going to win.

that would be a great return to the days of sena and prost who drove for maclaren
Quote from Greboth :I remember reading somewhere, I think it was an interview with Ross, that he joined too late in the development of 2008 to have a big impact. Only through the season he could. Whereas 2009 was under the full impact of having Ross on board. Either way, it was an amazing transformation.

Button and Hamilton in the same team would be an awesome line up. The previous world champsion and the current racing each other in the same machinary - who is going to win.

Hamilton should win that one easy..
Two british in the same team? Is that good for $$? In my opinion having two drivers from diferent countries will help have more support and certainly more funds due to marketing than if it's only from the UK. Just my POV.

What do you think?
I think for the credibility of the sport Button has to go McLaren otherwise the value of just being WDC will plummet. I still think McLaren hold a flame for Kimi.
too bad i rather liked the rc car quality of the brawn paintjob
Quote from diablo21 :Two british in the same team? Is that good for $$? In my opinion having two drivers from diferent countries will help have more support and certainly more funds due to marketing than if it's only from the UK. Just my POV.

What do you think?

Maybe, but McLaren are hardly short of dosh are they?
Quote from diablo21 :Two british in the same team? Is that good for $$? In my opinion having two drivers from diferent countries will help have more support and certainly more funds due to marketing than if it's only from the UK. Just my POV.

What do you think?

While it is true that expanding your marketing opportunities is good, having to put a below par driver in your car does de-value the whole F1 principle. But shit happens!
Quote from Greboth :But Ron has moved into the road car side of McLaren so, while he will still have influence, I wonder how much influence he has regards to driver line up.

He was team principal for over 20 years until March this year, and he owns the majority of the team. Drivers are as much a marketing issue as they are a performance issue, I would imagine Ron still has the final word over driver line-up.

Whether that means Kimi or Jenson is in the car I don't know. I suppose Jenson brings the #1 with him so that might be worth a few brownie points.

But personally I'd have Kimi and Lewis. Your average F1 fan would much rather see Kimi and Lewis in the same machinery, they already saw Alonso and the rookie Hamilton in the same car and that was good fun, so now he's got some experience let's see how he shapes up against Raikkonen.

Honestly I'm not sure this WDC win has done much for Button's reputation. Spending 10 years in F1 with only one win - despite some lovely driving - I can imagine he's not high on the must-have lists of most teams. But then he is an attractive guy and he's charming and marketable and all that, and a bloody good racing driver to be fair, and maybe they don't want someone who's likely to beat Lewis, so who knows maybe he'll be a good match.

Either way I bet McLaren aren't too upset about having such a difficult decision to make.
#42 - 5haz
It would be interesting, I could imagine Kimi really winding up Lewis with his surly attitude.

People do need to accept that not every F1 driver has what it takes to be F1 champion, regardless of machinery. So by winning the championship Button has showed he has something that Rubens and Sebastian didn't have, consistancy most likely.

People are so wierdly cynical these days, if you developed a cure for cancer and AIDS while ending all world conflict at the same time, people would still try to belittle you. :rolleyes:
Quote from 5haz :People do need to accept that not every F1 driver has what it takes to be F1 champion, regardless of machinery. So by winning the championship Button has showed he has something that Rubens and Sebastian didn't have, consistancy most likely.

Vettel's a noob in a privateer team and he wasn't as lucky with hardware as Button was this year. He's a monster driver.

Listen to his radio and compare it to his interviews, once the helmet goes on he's a different person. He's a ****ing animal. If I was Hamilton he'd be the driver I'd be most concerned about racing against. He's like a border collie - needs to have a good long run every day or he starts chasing shadows and rounding up children.
#44 - 5haz
Yeah he is a future racing legend I'm sure, but this year when it really mattered (in Brazil) he just couldn't do it, he seemed like he'd pretty much accepted defeat by the end of Saturday. And that IMO is what separated Button from him this year.

The Red Bull was hardly a poor car either IMO. How could it be with the likes of Adrian Newey involved?
Quote from 5haz :The Red Bull was hardly a poor car either IMO. How could it be with the likes of Adrian Newey involved?

How many championship-losing cars did Newey design for McLaren?

The Red Bull was certainly a very attractive racing car, but it seems he missed out on the trick diffuser because he was obsessing about having a tiny arse on it. Probably without the diffuser issue it would've won the championship.

Let's not forget Geoff Willis was involved in the development of that car too, as he was with Newey's winning cars at Williams in the mid '90s. Adrian Newey is not an island.

Or something.

And if he was, it would be a very unpopular honeymoon destination.
Sorry for O/T, but after reading your last few posts, dammit Kev, i missed you while you were away
Quote from Greboth :I do not doubt that Alonso is a very talented driver. I just don't like him. Anyway, Patriotism FTW!.

Not really, as proved by the fact that many people outside Spain also think he is the best driver on the grid

Besides, I love that he wins because we get F1 coverage beyond the awesome since he pwns
Quote from BurnOut69 :Not really, as proved by the fact that many people outside Spain used to think he is the best driver on the grid

Besides, I love that he wins because we get F1 coverage beyond the awesome since he pwns

fixed )
I think most people still think Alonso is the best in F1. Who else even comes close?
Quote from BurnOut69 :Not really, as proved by the fact that many people outside Spain also think he is the best driver on the grid

Huh? So you disagree with me then prove what I said lol. It's hard to say who is the best driver on the grid but I agree Alonso is definatly a contender for that title. Still doesn't change the fact, I don't like him lol. Thats just a personal opinion of how he comes across in interviews and his actions.

Mercedes take ownership of Brawn
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG