The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :
EDIT: Wilko, pause when Tommy/Ken get green flag, then drop back to RSR.

That makes no sense at all!

Looking at that, I think Kevin has seen the chat message and acted upon it, and the yellow flag has blocked out the large green flag message. However, it is strange that no-one else has acted upon the chat message.....

You've made me think now, Phil!
Quote from Wilko868 :Looking at that, I think Kevin has seen the chat message and acted upon it, and the yellow flag has blocked out the large green flag message. However, it is strange that no-one else has acted upon the chat message.....

i didn't see the replay, but i did see the youtube video and the stream... did anyone else notice that the green flag wasn't on the youtube video? maybe they didn't act on it because nobody saw it, and it was conveyed by someone watching the stream...
The start was horrible. We were completely out of order. I agree with Kenneth. Pit lane speed felt extremely slow. I was in 90 km/t, and realised I was over, so I put on the pit-speed limiter. Kenneth does not, and doesnt even wait for me :P imo, the greenflag could have come a bit later, or we could simply done one more lap :P I know its easy to say now, after the heat of the moment. I dont blame the admins for their work. Im really happy for all the effort and time they are putting into this, so dont get me wrong

:P
Quote from bunder9999 :i didn't see the replay, but i did see the youtube video and the stream... did anyone else notice that the green flag wasn't on the youtube video? maybe they didn't act on it because nobody saw it, and it was conveyed by someone watching the stream...

It's a possibility. The fact that I was watching the lead car on stream would give me the accurate green flag for the leader. But it is whether all the drivers at the back of the pack got the chat message as the green was waved for Tommy, and that is something very hard to prove.
Quote from Wilko868 :That makes no sense at all!

Looking at that, I think Kevin has seen the chat message and acted upon it, and the yellow flag has blocked out the large green flag message. However, it is strange that no-one else has acted upon the chat message.....

NOOB!

He could of been told on vent, we've done that for IGTC/MoE before.

@Tommy: I also think it should of been thrown later, the field would of been much more organized probably too.
Quote from Intermediate07 :I didnt drive in the race, but watched your video and IMO this should be a DQ for #27, totally unnecessary...

Seems like they also didnt read the rules.

if you haven't read the discussion thread, there might be a discrepancy around the green flag being waved.
Quote from PMD9409 :NOOB!

He could of been told on vent, we've done that for IGTC/MoE before.

@Tommy: I also think it should of been thrown later, the field would of been much more organized probably too.

Yeah, but with the average stream being a good...........6 or 7 seconds delayed from on server action, it's probably more reliable to wait for it to show up, no?
The green flag was waved at 2:11.34 on the race clock, and at that time #27 hadn't overtaken anyone.
Messages are shown on remote no?
Quote from boothy :The green flag was waved at 2:11.34 on the race clock, and at that time #27 hadn't overtaken anyone.

138 kmh on 2:11:34

Is this ok???
Everyone that far back was doing that speed. They were trying to close the gap.

Would you have left a big gap if you were that far back?

The leaders were slowing down and the Green flag flew to early. Blame cannot be put on him for this.
Quote from Tomhah :I was in 90 km/t, and realised I was over, so I put on the pit-speed limiter. Kenneth does not, and doesnt even wait for me :P

Is this the reason why CoRe got the drive-through pitlane penalty?
EDIT: O, ye, it was. Forgot to check protests.
-
(AjRose) DELETED by AjRose
Quote from AjRose :Everyone that far back was doing that speed. They were trying to close the gap.

This is true, the start was a total failure. One of my teammates on Ventrilo said "They have to waive this start off... oh I guess not..."

I was doing the same speed as RSR but had to slow because I had CD in front of me (who I should have been beside of, but if I had done that I'd have been rear ended by RSR) slowing a bit since they finally caught the grid.

Here is the appropriate rule:

Quote :
VIII. Race Procedures
3.The race shall be started with a double-file rolling start after one lap behind the Safety Car. Drivers are to remain in single-file formation until the last sector where all tyre warming activities are to stop and teams are to get into double file. The front row must be on the pitlane speedlimiter from a marked point. The rest of the field shall hold approximately pitlane speed until the green flag flies. The pole-sitting team may choose to start from the right or left of track, prior to grid setting.

The entire back of the field was desperately trying to get caught up in formation but didn't have any time to. Blackwoods front straight is pretty short and there's not really much that could have been done here. RSR didn't plan to get the advantage they got but they definitely were not close enough to those in front to get caught up like everyone else did.
isnt there a rule: "no overtaking before you cross the finish line" or something like that. That would solve the problem^^
Quote from AjRose :
Would you have left a big gap if you were that far back?

So,it is ok to leave the big gap if u r far back and then right before start to close that gap and to start +40 kmh then others?
Technically he did nothing wrong. He got a lucky break by the green flying at just the right time and took advantage of it. I don't think he 'timed' it by any means, as you see him start to slow down when catching the cars in front, then as the green comes out he accelerates.

He took advantage of an open opportunity and didn't break a rule doing it (I think at least).

T1 is a different story though...

@Ivan: That would be lagging back, which I'm sure isn't allowed. RSR didn't lag back, its just a slow corner before the front straight that screws everything up.
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
Quote from PMD9409 :Technically he did nothing wrong. He got a lucky break by the green flying at just the right time and took advantage of it.

He was way faster than everyone else, thats like a drag race of a dragster vs a plane, their both at the starting line waiting for the green flag, but the dragster is doing 0 km/h, the plane 853,4 km/h

The plane won, but how?
"Well, He got a lucky break by the green flying at just the right time and took advantage of it."
Quote from aroX123 :He was way faster than everyone else, thats like a drag race of a dragster vs a plane, their both at the starting line waiting for the green flag, but the dragster is doing 0 km/h, the plane 853,4 km/h

The plane won, but how?
"Well, He got a lucky break by the green flying at just the right time and took advantage of it."

Penalize every car going faster than pit road speed (same speed as leader) then if you use that comparison.
Quote from aroX123 :He was way faster than everyone else, thats like a drag race of a dragster vs a plane, their both at the starting line waiting for the green flag, but the dragster is doing 0 km/h, the plane 853,4 km/h

The plane won, but how?

I've seen chocolate teapots more useful than this post.
Quote :Originally Posted by ivantod
Lap and Replay Time of incident: lap 1 and 2
Car(s) involved: #27
Brief description of incident: car #27 did a jumpstart and made collision in T1
video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQGt-Z0BEU

This was un(f*)believable That happens when you give tank to wrong hands

As for our race, our drivers wheel failed, so he flipped trying to fix it. Funny stuff Sorry if we caused problems for other drivers
Firstly, I would like to apologize to #02 and #07. The ONLY reason i made contact was because i was concentrating more on the #22 which did not see me coming inside, including his contact.

As for the start, i got lucky.

As per the rules, i stayed single file up to the last section, avoiding going side-by-side in the chicane, as was requested in the practice race.
In the last turn #23 was a lane too high, so i was way outside.
Keeping in mind that at 2:01 Race Control chatted "Double up after last turn", I accelerated (somewhat suffering from turbo lag). At 2:39 as i was nearing my position next to #23,i applied the brakes, and just after i saw GREEN FLAG in chat, therefore the race began (for those who refuse to read the rules, once the green flag flies, game-on: no need to wait till after you pass the s/f line). No intentional hanging back, no screwing with the field to gain an advantage.
After the GREEN was thrown, there were several cars bunched up on the left side of the track, some hitting the brakes. Not my problem, noone on outside ahead of me.

IMO the start never should have happened. If the rules state side-by-side starts, then i suggest everyone go back and check the entire field at the point in which the green was thrown. There is one row out of 14 that is technically "side-by-side", two others that are somewhat close. It's not really that i got a good start, it's the fact that most of the field got a shitty start.

Turn one is my responsibility. My mistake i have apologized for it. Several times. Remember the what the "A" in GTAL stands for.....

Honestly, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the bullshit i've read in this and the protest thread is unbef**kinleivable. A Youtube video? C'mon.
4SRT, two words: LFS Remote.

When a penalty is issued for turn one, I will accept it without prejudice.
The flaming on the other hand.....

Regards,
K. Myers
RSR.havoc
Quote :Firstly, I would like to apologize to #02 and #07.

Do u apologize to # 04 ?

Quote :Remember the what the "A" in GTAL stands for.....

A stands for win in first corner? :P
Quote from ivantod :Do u apologize to # 04 ?

A stands for win in first corner? :P

Although i made zero contact with you, and your spin seemed to be a result of a downshift, sure, i'm sorry.

And i hope you also are sorry for nearly running me off just before the chicane after the longstraight(@49.13).......but that's long since forgotten, along with the other contact made throughout the race.
Apology accepted.
Quote from AjRose :Lap and Replay Time 2H 28M 11sec.
Car(s) involved: #04 and #11
Brief description of incident: Car#04 divebombs our car in the corner. And continues to use him to make his way through the turn.

Car #4 needs attitude adjustment.
If you watch car #4 and #14 lap 35 time right at 44min 30sec there is a prime example. Divebomb and if someone is there, there is contact. I got pushed into a wall and lost quite a bit of time due to damage.

I did not think much of it until the above post was made so I looked at my replay and found it was the same person.

Edit: On lap 36 time: 45min 15sec. Car#4 comes out of the corner and runs straight into the side of car#27. I was not looking for that in my replay, I just ran across it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG