The online racing simulator
Live for Speed S2, version Z25
(420 posts, closed, started )
I have exactly the same problem Aly... Win7 home premium 32 bit. Z25

No problem on my laptop though, which has Win7 32 as well.
No problems on Windows 7 Ultimate x86
Somewhere around patch z20 or so, the host list check was changed to use UDP rather than TCP. I'd guess that your firewall doesn't like UDP as much as it did TCP.
momo leds (shift lights)
Hi all,

Kegety's momo leds stopped working when I applied patch Z25...

Can someone help me solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Quote from Danke :Somewhere around patch z20 or so, the host list check was changed to use UDP rather than TCP. I'd guess that your firewall doesn't like UDP as much as it did TCP.

As I mentioned I tried with the Firewall on and off. If it helps, I use a Linksys AM200 DSL-Modem and a Linksys WRT54GL Router.
Spent a few hours hotlapping and fooling around, great work and thanks so much Scawen, you guys work so hard and every single time you dish out a patch that's meaningful and desirable for everyone. The majority of us have no problem waiting for the next tyre physics model and the dub, we want it, but, we want it right

Thanks, keep it up. This really helped me in several ways and I love the ABS woot!

Edit: Works perfectly on Win Vista Ultimate 64, Win 7 64 Ultimate, Ubuntu Linux.
Quote from eRaptor :Hi all,

Kegety's momo leds stopped working when I applied patch Z25...

Can someone help me solve this?

Thanks in advance.

The OutGauge comunication is a bit diferent now, need to rewrite the program, no other solution.
#383 - STF
Quote from LRB_Aly :Linksys WRT54GL Router.

Try to see if turning off SPI (stateful packet inspection) solves it. Should be located on the tab: Security -> Firewall.
Quote from Napalm Candy :The OutGauge comunication is a bit diferent now, need to rewrite the program, no other solution.

Oh, man...

I can only hope Kegety will care to update it.
Maybe when the final patch comes out...
I connected my PC directly to the modem now. Disengaged the SPI but the problem still persists. Gonna try with another DSL-Router now.

P.S.: Tried with another Router, still the same. Thoguh it´s also a Linksys Router, just a different model. Gonna try this afternoon with 2 different routers (1 USR and 1 Thompson) at my bro´s home.
Found something, probably intended that way and not a bug so I'm not reporting it as such. I noticed that UName reported via InSim as well as the usernames in the connections list (holding ctrl+shift) are all lower case. I don't know when this was introduced - I suspect in one of the recent (Z20+) patches - but this is inconsistent with LFSW and could cause problems with InSim applications's case sensitve comparisons of UName with older UNames stored in a DB, or indeed LFSW.
Probably intended because the user can use any combination of upper and lower case when unlocking LFS licence.

For example, I registered as JasonJ, but I can unlock my LFS with jaSonj

jaSonj appear in the conns list when I press Shift+Ctrl

The way to get around this is have your inSim apps convert all names to lower or upper. LFS doesn't allow usernames with the same name ie: no-one can register jASonj

edit: Thanks Monkonhottinroof for doing that upfront.
Quote from JasonJ :The way to get around this is have your inSim apps convert all names to lower or upper. LFS doesn't allow usernames with the same name ie: no-one can register jASonj

I know, but as I mentioned, this is inconsistent with LFSW's behavior, which uses the exact same string that was used to create the account. My InSim applications usually convert to lower or upper case or just compare case-insensitively, but I don't, so I was quite confused when I found a name I knew to contain capitals that was suddenly all lower case

€: But perhaps it was like this all along and the person I'm talking about just recently unlocked the account in all lowers, in which case it's not Z25 related
Quote from NL_RevZ :I just let LFS update to Z25, the framerate is the same but now I notice stuttering (looks like a frame skip of 1, at ~200 fps minimum) and it is annoying me to hell What is going on here? NOTHING has changed other than this, and just minutes before I updated it (SP mode) it was running just fine

Have you happened to update Windows vista at about the same time. I am suffering the same thing, but, it's a vista update issue rather than LFS. I am still trying to get to the bottom of it myself, It's really messing up my lap times . . . .hehe.
Quote from NL_RevZ :I just let LFS update to Z25, the framerate is the same but now I notice stuttering (looks like a frame skip of 1, at ~200 fps minimum) and it is annoying me to hell What is going on here? NOTHING has changed other than this, and just minutes before I updated it (SP mode) it was running just fine

DHRammstein mentioned this problem he had with an ATi card. Do you have ATi by any chance? Maybe it's a common fault?
Ok my problem seems to be related to my modem. Tried on 3 different lines with different routers and/or modem combos and it seems it´s only on the Linksys material. Gonna see if there´s not some option I missed in them
Keep us updated on your prob Aly...I would like to know if you find a solution
Everytime I exit LFS, the Mouse-Shadow is disabled...
Win7 x64
I took a router that I´m sure to function with LFS (I´ve tested at my brothers home) to my home. Installed it and guess what? Nothing still the same problem. So I thought maybe my phone plug or wall plug is broken, changed both, nothing. I think must be something with my ISP. Did a correct portforwarding on my material (actually I had it already done, but I thought maybe I´ve done something wrong), nothing.

Tested with Portcheck and on port 29339 it seems to connect but then says port ain´t open. On port 63392 it says that another application is blocking the port. Took a look at it with TCP-View but did not found such an application.

Tested other ports and I can´t establish a connection on any of them.
Strange problem you have there. Don't know what to say but at least I can let you know you are not being ignored.

The thing that springs to mind at first is a software firewall but you have tried on several different operating systems and computers so that can't be the answer.

You say 63393 is blocked... and you can connect to several hosts but not most of them. I am sure 63392 is the most common port as is is the default one. I wonder if it is all the 63392 hosts you can't connect to, but you can connect to the others?

One question, even if you can't see a host in your list of hosts, can you connect to the host by name in the join specific host screen? It is impossible to join a host if you can't send it a UDP packet - it just doesn't let you do that because you need to be able to send car position packets to it by UDP. But it is possible to join if you can't *receive* a UDP packet. However, it is impossible to see the list of hosts if you can't receive UDP packets. I'm just trying to establish whether it is the sending or receiving of UDP packets that is failing.
Quote from Scawen :Strange problem you have there. Don't know what to say but at least I can let you know you are not being ignored.

The thing that springs to mind at first is a software firewall but you have tried on several different operating systems and computers so that can't be the answer.

You say 63393 is blocked... and you can connect to several hosts but not most of them. I am sure 63392 is the most common port as is is the default one. I wonder if it is all the 63392 hosts you can't connect to, but you can connect to the others?

One question, even if you can't see a host in your list of hosts, can you connect to the host by name in the join specific host screen? It is impossible to join a host if you can't send it a UDP packet - it just doesn't let you do that because you need to be able to send car position packets to it by UDP. But it is possible to join if you can't *receive* a UDP packet. However, it is impossible to see the list of hosts if you can't receive UDP packets. I'm just trying to establish whether it is the sending or receiving of UDP packets that is failing.

I can´t join hosts that i don´t see in the list. I.e. I had 2 championship races yesterday (OWRL and Fox on the run), I couldn´t participate because I couldn´t join. I knew the servers and tried a manual connect but got a connection time out error and that happens with all hosts I don´t see in the list.
Quote from LRB_Aly :I can´t join hosts that i don´t see in the list. I.e. I had 2 championship races yesterday (OWRL and Fox on the run), I couldn´t participate because I couldn´t join. I knew the servers and tried a manual connect but got a connection time out error and that happens with all hosts I don´t see in the list.

That means the issue is definitely that you can't send a UDP packet to the host.

Also what that means is that even if you used version Z you would still not be able to connect to those hosts (even if you can see them in the list that version Z would produce by using TCP). Joining a host has not changed between Z and Z25.

I suppose it would be worth installing a plain version Z in a test folder to test that.
Plain Z or Z25? Actually I installed a fresh Z copy 2 weeks ago. Still had the problem, bur gonna try again. Back in a minute

P.S. Nope same in fresh Z install
Two monitors now work in full screen! see attached! thanks for the pointers Scawen!

it was winXP, and it was a setting in my catalyst drivers. i have profiles set now, as it forces my CRT to the same vertical resolution as my LCD. i have my icon layout saved with another shell extension

Attached images
lfstwinhead1.jpg
lfstwinhead2.jpg
I know this really isn't a test patch issue, but I don't know where else to put it
Will the next major patch also change how the clutch works? Because I've been annoyed by a long time by how linear it is - not like a real clutch which basically does nothing except in the middle of the movement, where it engages. So basically more 'tightness' instead of linear disengaging.
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z25
(420 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG