The online racing simulator
Stand
(18 posts, started )
Stand
Hello,

At the pit stop, is it possible that the 4 wheels is changed simultaneously and not one after the other.

And refueling is done at the same time as the tire change.

Thus, it could enable strategy during the pit stop and it would be more realistic.
I agree. Pitting needs a lot of improvements. At the moment you want to avoid pitting as much as you can because it will take so long so that any advantage of for example lighter car with less fuel is negated.
it does not interest more people?
News Flash: The devs do not read the Improvement Suggestions forum.

Also, none of your suggestions are anything new.
Quote from Forbin :News Flash: The devs do not read the Improvement Suggestions forum.

Did they tell you?
Quote from Forbin :News Flash: The devs do not read the Improvement Suggestions forum.

Scawen says he does, and sometimes adds good suggestions when he has nothing else to do. So I think our news sources conflict.
He may read the Improvement Suggestions Log, but not the individual threads. He said as much in the past, CBA to look up the exact post.
Our ideas are useless?

So why did he create this topic?
#9 - Lible
Ofcourse they do consider things in here. Just look at the threads from 2007 and 2008 and you will see that many of the suggestions have been implemented.
-
(Forbin) DELETED by Forbin : duplicate
Quote from geeman1 :I agree. Pitting needs a lot of improvements. At the moment you want to avoid pitting as much as you can because it will take so long so that any advantage of for example lighter car with less fuel is negated.

And seqential wheel changing punishes for massive tyre wear
doesnt it depend on the car how the tires are changed? iirc the bf1 gets all wheels changed at the same time
Quote from David 09 :Hello,

At the pit stop, is it possible that the 4 wheels is changed simultaneously and not one after the other.

And refueling is done at the same time as the tire change.

Thus, it could enable strategy during the pit stop and it would be more realistic.

key word "Realistic". Need more sponsorship for your team ? !. Adjust pit stop strategies prior to racing i.e % of tyre wear, % of refuelling. % of damage to be fixed. Asking for more than what they offer you may get ,but just enjoy what you have got to enjoy "Reality"
ive never seen a 4 wheel pit, how about two?
i think it should be setup like this...

Open wheelers
You have a nice sponsored team with full pitcrew, all tyres changed at the same time and refuel is going on simultanuesly. Damage gets fixed at a pretty fast rate aswell.

GTR
You have the same fancy sponsored team with full pitcrew, but! due to regulations you get to change tyres 2 at a time, and refuel happens simultanuesly. Damage gets fixed pretty fast aswell.

Roadcars
You have a private team or a team with "limited" sponsorship and thus "limited" pitcrew.
Tyrechange still happens 2 at a time but its slower, refuel happens after the tyrechange and damage takes long time to fix.

Also
make it possible like you say to change only the rear tyres or the front tyres... or maybe only 1 tyre...

Or a alternative that requires a change of the entire "pitsystem" read my next post...
the next post.

This would be difficult but very fun indeed. it would require you to setup you pitstops yourself.

example.
roadcars=limited money and team, you have 2 mechanics... and you have to setup how they are going to work.

maybe 1 guy changes tyre and one refuels. Or both changes tyres and then 1 refuels and the other fix damage.

and for GTR and Open weelers you have as much as 8 guys or so...

It adds yet another "dimension" to the races BUT it would be extremely hard to setup the strategy while driving as it would be even more to "fiddle" with while driving...

But maybe 2 or 3 alternative "pit strategies" that you have to "preset" so you can choose wich one when you are making the stop.
Quote from AcesHigh :i think it should be setup like this...

Open wheelers
You have a nice sponsored team with full pitcrew, all tyres changed at the same time and refuel is going on simultanuesly. Damage gets fixed at a pretty fast rate aswell.

GTR
You have the same fancy sponsored team with full pitcrew, but! due to regulations you get to change tyres 2 at a time, and refuel happens simultanuesly. Damage gets fixed pretty fast aswell.

Roadcars
You have a private team or a team with "limited" sponsorship and thus "limited" pitcrew.
Tyrechange still happens 2 at a time but its slower, refuel happens after the tyrechange and damage takes long time to fix.

Also
make it possible like you say to change only the rear tyres or the front tyres... or maybe only 1 tyre...

Or a alternative that requires a change of the entire "pitsystem" read my next post...

Great idea as

Now provided that takes into account Scawen

Stand
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG