The online racing simulator
David Haye wins the world heavyweight title!
Anyone see it? Great fight went right tothe end. Nikolai Valuev outsized Haye by 7 stone. Great win for Haye!!
Yeah I saw it. Well deserved victory. Great movement from Haye... Or just extreme sluggishness from Valuev.
Quote from aobrien :Anyone see it? Great fight went right tothe end. Nikolai Valuev outsized Haye by 7 stone. Great win for Haye!!

seen the weigh in i was like " ****... chuck has a russian cousin ?? :| "

yer man Hayes looks good tho... too easy for him imho
Yeah, Haye was just too quick for the giant, quite funny looking at Valuev how between rounds, sat down in his corner he was still taller than anyone around him who were standing up. The man is a monster!
Quote from aobrien :Great fight went right tothe end.

You mean no fight from David?

Pretty boring. Davis = Cocky before the fight, cocky after the fight (before the score got annouced).

Quote from aobrien :Yeah, Haye was just too quick for the giant, quite funny looking at Valuev how between rounds, sat down in his corner he was still taller than anyone around him who were standing up. The man is a monster!

he had around a ft on him id say but you know the saying - the bigger they are the harder they fall.
Still. To me Valuev is still the champ.

Haye is just too cocky and too much "show off"

Look how he looks during the weight in. Might as well just take off the shorts then.....

But.... Congrats to him.
Quote from kamkorPL :You mean no fight from David?

Pretty boring. Davis = Cocky before the fight, cocky after the fight (before the score got annouced).

Well that's boxing for ya
Quote from Gills4life :Well that's boxing for ya

every good fighter i know is cocky, the better ones are silent, the best you wouldn't know that they fight...

someone will sooner rather then later shut hayes up for good... i just hope they record it !
This is the kind of fight that puts me off boxing, it wasn't a match, it was a circus freak show.
This why we are moving on to the age of K1, UFC and MMA in general. Real fighting.

Boxing has had its times.

Watching two guys walk around the ring for 12 rounds is not exactly what I call interesting.
Quote from Gills4life :Well that's boxing for ya

Doesn't change a fact that many great fights include active boxing and not going back most of the time.
Quote from DevilDare :This why we are moving on to the age of K1, UFC and MMA in general. Real fighting.

Boxing has had its times.

Watching two guys walk around the ring for 12 rounds is not exactly what I call interesting.

But MMA is two men hugging for 20 minutes!

Either way Haye is just being showbiz, if you actually think he's 'cocky' then you've fallen for the act. It's all about getting pay per view.
Quote from kamkorPL :Doesn't change a fact that many great fights include active boxing and not going back most of the time.

Did you honestly expect a man that's seven stone lighter and a foot shorter than his opponent to be on the attack all the time? That would have been instant suicide.

Exciting? not really.. but he was never going to win by boxing in an exciting fashion. That was a tactically perfect performance and a well deserved win.
Quote from The Moose :and a foot shorter than his opponent to be on the attack all the time? That would have been instant suicide.

Not all the time, but he had many chances that he didn't use. It was pretty close to "NOT attack all the time". I expected him to use his speed to attack more, insteed he used it to simply run around the ring most of the time. Boring defensive fight and not deserved win - imo.
Quote from The Moose :Did you honestly expect a man that's seven stone lighter and a foot shorter than his opponent to be on the attack all the time? That would have been instant suicide.

Exciting? not really.. but he was never going to win by boxing in an exciting fashion. That was a tactically perfect performance and a well deserved win.

Totally agree. Like I said, that's boxing for you. I never said that it was a great fight Kamkor, but it was an excellent performance by Haye. He had to completely change his style to fight Valuev or he would have been beaten to a pulp. To be able to be patient and wait for the chance to hit and concentrate for the whole 12 rounds, that deserves credit.
Quote from Intrepid :But MMA is two men hugging for 20 minutes!

Actually MMA matches are 3x5min, championship matches 5x5min or sometimes in Japan matches are 10min + 5min. So infact they are never 20min in total, only 15min or 25min.
It's 20 mins hugging and 5 mins dangling

Really?

That happens like in a single fight out of the 5 or something they have during the night.

MMA or UFC to be more exact is much more entertaining than Boxing will ever be.

They have a lot more contact and in general is more brutal. Proper fighting - not a punching contest.
#20 - Ori
For boxing measures this certainly was an odd fight. This was just what i liked about it. It was like watching a fight from a thrilling script - the great thing is this was real. I mean you had Haye playing with Valuyev over most of the 12 rounds. The only thing missing was a falling gorilla. I couldn't get enough of Haye's speed and talent. What the Briton showed was pure art.
Quote from DevilDare :.....

Really?

That happens like in a single fight out of the 5 or something they have during the night.

MMA or UFC to be more exact is much more entertaining than Boxing will ever be.

They have a lot more contact and in general is more brutal. Proper fighting - not a punching contest.

well dont watch it then, no one is forcing you :S, anywho congratulations to haye, completely deserved the win, out thought valuev who underestimated haye
Quote from DevilDare :They have a lot more contact and in general is more brutal. Proper fighting - not a punching contest.

What do you mean by more brutal? Boxing is insanely brutal. You get constantly punched in the face for 12x 3 minute rounds. And these are full force punches. Whereas MMA you don't receive that kind of punishment, especially to the brain.

Now I don't want to argue who's tougher because it's pointless. it's quite clear MMA is growing in strength and boxing is on it's way out. However for some the purity of boxing and how you really do have to be smart is still sportingly attractive/
Quote from DevilDare :They have a lot more contact and in general is more brutal. Proper fighting - not a punching contest.

Isn't it kinda creepy that you want to see people "properly fighting" each other and "being more brutal"? I can't understand that, tbh.
Quote from DevilDare :To me Valuev is the best to me.

I went into infinite loop when I read this sentence.
#25 - 5haz
Either way, it hurts, a lot.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG