The online racing simulator
Makes me wish I still had an xbox! HDR effect looks overdone as has been mentioned, but other than that looks nice. I played the demo and didn't find it that inspiring in the physics department (although still a lot better than GT5P!), but it sounds like the full version has improved things. I think I will have to get my brother to buy it so I can play when I'm round at his place!

Does it look like the Nurburgring has been remodelled for FM3? I remember it being rather inaccurate in 2, with the GT4 'Ring being quite a lot better. In FM2 the corners all felt smoothed out and a lot of the radii were increased, meaning you didn't really need to slow down for certain sections as much as in real life.

Edit: Had a look at a couple of youtube videos and it looks pretty similar. I'd imagine GT will still be my 'Ring lapping game of choice, just will be a shame if the cars in GT5 don't feel as good as those in FM3, which will probably be the case unless they really have improved things a LOT since GT5P.
Quote from Michael Denham :Does it look like the Nurburgring has been remodelled for FM3? I remember it being rather inaccurate in 2, with the GT4 'Ring being quite a lot better. In FM2 the corners all felt smoothed out and a lot of the radii were increased, meaning you didn't really need to slow down for certain sections as much as in real life.

It doesn't look much different from Forza 2's, but as always it's still a blast to drive round. GT4's was very nice (as far as PS2 graphics go), just a shame about the physics. I imagine GT5's will look rather nice indeed.

If you want to chuckle at a crappy version of the ring, have a look at PGR4's. Everything is plain wrong on it, the general layout is there but everything just feels and looks wrong. Having the ability to change the weather on it is nice though. Snow/ice on the 'ring, hell yeah!
Quote from beefyman666 :It doesn't look much different from Forza 2's, but as always it's still a blast to drive round. GT4's was very nice (as far as PS2 graphics go), just a shame about the physics. I imagine GT5's will look rather nice indeed.

If you want to chuckle at a crappy version of the ring, have a look at PGR4's. Everything is plain wrong on it, the general layout is there but everything just feels and looks wrong. Having the ability to change the weather on it is nice though. Snow/ice on the 'ring, hell yeah!

I played PGR 4 and I wasn't paying attention to the loading screen and when I started a race on the Nurburgring I said "what track is this again"? I had to do half a lap before I recognized it.
I got 45.813 this morning with Alfa Romeo Brera. You might want to double check that on live Dan, I'm not sure, but it was freaking slow anyway. Not home at my Xbox now, two days with no Forza.
Quote from beefyman666 :It doesn't look much different from Forza 2's, but as always it's still a blast to drive round. GT4's was very nice (as far as PS2 graphics go), just a shame about the physics. I imagine GT5's will look rather nice indeed.

Hahaha, yeah I played PGR's ring, WOW. Definitely GT have the best ring but you're right GT4 graphics are still previous generation console so yeah, and FM2 was way better in the physics as well.... They did so well have FM2 out for so long on the current gen console while GT have inexplicably had nothing all this time.
will it flag me if i use auto clutch and ABS?
cause i am thinking about buying a E275 setup for one of my cars.
Quote from mutt107 :will it flag me if i use auto clutch and ABS?
cause i am thinking about buying a E275 setup for one of my cars.

The lap will still be valid aslong as you don't go off track. I'm using the same (auto clutch and ABS), but could probably still do just as well without the ABS. The clutch is a pain in the arse for downshifts so I don't bother with that.
GT4's version of Nurburg was real nice. I haven't played on FM3's version yet as i'm away from home, but if it's anything like FM2's, then i will be happy.
Except I've heard that FM2's 'Ring wasn't even close to the Real thing by a friend who has GT4, FM2, and driven around the real track himself.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except I've heard that FM2's 'Ring wasn't even close to the Real thing by a friend who has GT4, FM2, and driven around the real track himself.

It is indeed not very accurate. As was said on the previous page of this thread as well
I've driven (ridden) the real thing, and FM3's is pretty close, sure, its not perfect, but even GT4's wasn't (it was far too narrow in places).

The ring in FM2 was nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

Catchin ya Beefy

1. beefy E275 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno - 45.063
2. Danowat - E275 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra R - 45:154
3. mr_x - E275 Ford Fiesta -45.367
4. Fuse5 - RX7 FC E275 - 45.872
5. Blackout - Alfa Brera - 45.813
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except I've heard that FM2's 'Ring wasn't even close to the Real thing by a friend who has GT4, FM2, and driven around the real track himself.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The ring on FM3 is good, as is the one on FM2.
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dawesdust_12
Yeah, yeah.

Untill you've been there and driven it, you can't really make a judgement call on it.
I would say based on my experience after spending a week lapping at the Ring a couple of years ago, that GT4's ring has more accurate corner radii than FM2's, which feels straightened out in places, you don't have to slow as much for a lot of the corners. GT4 kept me coming back for more laps at the 'Ring, whereas FM2 didn't. I also felt that lots of laps on GT4 'Ring helped me a certain amount in figuring out where to go when I got there, and getting a rough idea of line in some places, whereas FM didn't really do the same for me. FM definitely has a pretty good 'Ring though, it's way way better than PGR for example hahaha

But in GT4, if it didn't have the 'Ring, I would have been bored of it REALLY quickly, whereas if FM2 didn't have it, it would still hold my interest today. I still enjoy it a lot when I go and play it at my brother's place. If I could have only one, it would be FM for sure.

Who cares what Dustin is saying, he's just bored and trolling again... don't take him too seriously.
Quote from danowat :Catchin ya Beefy

I'll give it another bash in a little while. 44.xxx is easily possible, I kept messing the hairpin up.
Toyota Celica '94 E275 - 45.387
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from Wenom :TURN 10 AND MICROSOFT _THANK YOU_ FOR THIS GREAT GAME i hope they read this forum

They don't and they are only interested in taking your money and running (also known as making a profit aka running-business-101).

But it's nice that capitalism turned out this way this time.
Just finished season 6. The seasons keep going on but the achievements stop at 6.

Time to get a better time on this E class hot lap thing.
Tried a hotlap at Maple Valley Short in my E275 Fiat 500, damnn its sooo slidy and I flipped it a couple of times lol , only got like a 47 sec time lol after about 10 laps,

Will try another car sometime soon
I was wrong. I can't find those few hundreths to get a 44.

Down to 45.035. Might try another car out.
44.967 in a Lotus Elan

It was hard work avoiding the little caution triangle too since I normally ride the curbs a lot. I will try to set the time in hotlap now just to make it official and to have a replay as evidence.

EDIT: Make that 44.803, made it to 25th in the overall best times for E class cars.
Cant get my Fiat 500 down lower than 46.678,

I seem to either take the first turn too fast and slide wide, or too slow and my ghost will fly past me lol
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
It was hard work avoiding the little caution triangle too since I normally ride the curbs a lot. I will try to set the time in hotlap now just to make it official and to have a replay as evidence.

Thats the only real thing I hate about F3. You are basically not allowed to touch the curbs on some tracks..... which is silly......
Quote from DevilDare :Thats the only real thing I hate about F3. You are basically not allowed to touch the curbs on some tracks..... which is silly......

Well on the lap I just did I nearly crashed on the fast left turn because I got on the curbing too much but I kept my foot in and saved the slide and luckily it didn't give me an invalid lap. Everyone needs to get a Lotus Elan, it's such a fun little car.
44.853. Still in the Trueno, just tweaked it a little bit.

Coming to get you Quicksilver!

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG