The online racing simulator
scawen said, that will be realased the VWS and the new tyre physic, and later get we a rockingham and a new car
Quote from AndroidXP :Just be aware that oil pressure is not modelled in LFS. It simply displays the same thing as the RPM gauge.

I noticed that. I like it though
Quote from Flame CZE :What does it say when you try to unlock?

It comes up with the massive grey block of writing that says either your firewall blocks it or your not connected to the internet.
Quote from Scawen :You can now upload hotlaps recorded in Z25.

You can see on the hotlap charts at LFS World if a hotlap has been made using ABS - the only physical difference between Z25 and Z.

I dont like this very much...ABS may be good for people who race on mouse but if I were you I wouldnt allow hotlapping with ABS ... it causes that people, who dont want to play with any electronic systems in lfs, have no chance of competing with those who race with abs....and this is not only about hotlapping but in general about racing...if you dont have to think about your front wheels blocking you can just push the brake to the floor and that´s it ...until now there was also some skill necessary in braking...batching the brake force to prevent your wheels blocking

I am quite strictly against ABS because in my opinion racing should be just about pure drivers´ skill and not about using any electronic help... (not speaking about TC on BF1...without it BF1 becomes really hard to control)

however I doubt that this my opinion would change anything but I had to say this...and I hope I am not the only one who feels it this way
Nice progress, some really interesting new thing (monitor settings seems to be awesome). Really to nice to see regular update. Keep up the good work on the physic.
Quote from bavorak :I dont like this very much...ABS may be good for people who race on mouse but if I were you I wouldnt allow hotlapping with ABS ... it causes that people, who dont want to play with any electronic systems in lfs, have no chance of competing with those who race with abs....and this is not only about hotlapping but in general about racing...if you dont have to think about your front wheels blocking you can just push the brake to the floor and that´s it ...until now there was also some skill necessary in braking...batching the brake force to prevent your wheels blocking

I am quite strictly against ABS because in my opinion racing should be just about pure drivers´ skill and not about using any electronic help... (not speaking about TC on BF1...without it BF1 becomes really hard to control)

however I doubt that this my opinion would change anything but I had to say this...and I hope I am not the only one who feels it this way

You can still pick a car that has no ABS, like in real life.
Quote from marzman :You can still pick a car that has no ABS, like in real life.

yes but if I like to race with XRT for example I have no choice...
That is the only thing that is good that only some cars have ABS...thanks God
you can turn the ABS off
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Quote from BOSCHO :you can turn the ABS off

I know that very well but the thing I am pointing at is that if I turn it off I have quite smaller chance to compete with racers who have ABS turned on
Quote from bavorak :it causes that people, who dont want to play with any electronic systems in lfs, have no chance of competing with those who race with abs....

You can still become the best without ABS in an especific HLVC combo.
I suggest Victor turns on a new filter "hardcore mode" in LFS-World for the "i-dont-like-any-electronic-system-though-it-exists-for-20-years-now" ones to fap to

Damn those electronic bitchies! Just show me the list of actual men! :gt:
Quote from JPeace :just one thing.

why, in your setups list, is there a setup called "arab"

lol

its for arab drifting
I've said this in the test patch forum, but the multiple screen support is easily the best addition to LFS for years.

LFS is now up there jointly (IMO) with iRacing as having the best multi-monitor support of any game
Quote from bavorak :I dont like this very much...ABS may be good for people who race on mouse but if I were you I wouldnt allow hotlapping with ABS ... it causes that people, who dont want to play with any electronic systems in lfs, have no chance of competing with those who race with abs....and this is not only about hotlapping but in general about racing...if you dont have to think about your front wheels blocking you can just push the brake to the floor and that´s it ...until now there was also some skill necessary in braking...batching the brake force to prevent your wheels blocking

Belive me when i say, that a skilled driver, with out ABS will still be faster than one with ABS, but not that skilled.

This is caused by the locking <-> unlocking sequence of the ABS, wich does not allow to break as constantly as a skilled driver.
Quote from BOSCHO :its for arab drifting

I will quote myself:
Quote :There is no arab drifting, there's only arab retardism.

Quote from Bansky :Belive me when i say, that a skilled driver, with out ABS will still be faster than one with ABS, but not that skilled.

This is caused by the locking <-> unlocking sequence of the ABS, wich does not allow to break as constantly as a skilled driver.

yes but as you can see...for example new wr on S02R by arrowkart is far better than the previous without abs...and believe me, Mysho is very good racer
Quote from bavorak :yes but as you can see...for example new wr on S01R by arrowkart is far better than the previous without abs...and believe me, Mysho is very good racer

yes, you are right, maybe he was just a bit lucky.

I think this should not be like this and there will be faster "non_ABS_hotlaps" in future. hopefully
Nice, nice...
Quote from Shadowww :I will quote myself:

ya i now i drifted only once with that set
i like to race more on gtr motorsport server
Quote from Bansky :Belive me when i say, that a skilled driver, with out ABS will still be faster than one with ABS, but not that skilled.

Not necessarily. Someone not as skilled will still have the advantage of being able to brake later and much further into the corner than the non-ABS driver. The more skilled driver will probably stay ahead, but that's not because of his oh-so-skillful braking technique.

Also that's generally missing the point a bit; a skilled driver will be faster with ABS than without.

ABS allows for a much more precise brake control than someone with a non-ABS car could ever hope to achieve. At the very least someone with ABS can do the same modulating as a non-ABS user, the only difference being that a screwup will not lock the tyres - nobody says you have to intentionally engage the ABS every time just because it's there. Locking a tyre has NO benefit whatsoever, with the exception of a few special cases (rally driving techniques, respectively braking in snow or gravel in certain conditions).

A driver without ABS will, for technical reasons alone, never be able to match the performance of ABS, simply because he cannot control the brakes individually. ABS allows you to brake much further into the turn, since it prevents locking the inner, unloaded tyres and makes it generally much easier to consistently use the full potential of the tyres at any point in the turn.
Looks awesome!

+1
There's no point to complain about ABS really
Quote from bavorak :yes but as you can see...for example new wr on S01R by arrowkart is far better than the previous without abs...and believe me, Mysho is very good racer

I'm interested to see how it turns out, if ABS really will be faster or not.

But about your post, I've clicked through the SO1R hotlap pages and I can't see one that is using ABS - I can't see an X in the ABS column of the hotlap table when I click through the cars with SO classic rev selected. In which car was the new WR done with ABS?

[ EDIT : Thanks KlausAdam (below) - it is SO2R in the XRT ]
Quote from Scawen :I'm interested to see how it turns out, if ABS really will be faster or not.

But about your post, I've clicked through the SO1R hotlap pages and I can't see one that is using ABS - I can't see an X in the ABS column of the hotlap table when I click through the cars with SO classic rev selected. In which car was the new WR done with ABS?

SO sprint track 1 rev / XRT

The first two drivers did use ABS.
S3 is coming ya ya ya
Quote from KlausAdam :SO sprint track 1 rev / XRT

The first two drivers did use ABS.

At what exact time ABS kicked in? (orange tyres in F9)
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z25
(420 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG