The online racing simulator
Got to level 45 earlier and decided to take a little break and make another paintjob. 3 hours later...

Few of these have already been done, but theres no satisfaction in using someone elses.

I would put this on my storefront but it's telling me it's locked. Must be to do with a couple of logos i've used off other peoples storefronts.
Just remember this boys and girls.......

If you ignore them, they'll go away.
Quote from danowat :Just remember this boys and girls.......

If you ignore them, they'll go away.

:shhh:
Ai fail? :D
i was just racing hard with this red dodge viper and then this happened,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMm-qEDGchI
you think his left front brake broke? or drive-train snap?

fixed.
Why? The game isn't that pretty which kinda defeats the purpose of a "photo mode". Makes it seem quite stupid to do so then use low-res textures to the point of puke-o-vision.

Might as well do a photo mode for Mario Kart 64, as that's about the same thought process.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why? The game isn't that pretty which kinda defeats the purpose of a "photo mode". Makes it seem quite stupid to do so then use low-res textures to the point of puke-o-vision.

Might as well do a photo mode for Mario Kart 64, as that's about the same thought process.

why don't you go hobble back to the GT5 thread.
this thread is for people who like forza 3, not for people who like to bash on it.
Show me where it says that it's for people who like Forza 3?... Oh right, it's not as it's simply a place to discuss Forza 3 and I'm making my comments about the low quality textures they have used as it seriously detracts from their attempt at a photo mode.

To put it even plainer, it's like taking out some warty, overweight lady with a mangled face out for a supermodel photo shoot. Waste. Of. Time.

The time they spent on the photo mode should have gone to better textures or maybe even some better shaders as everything still looks like plastic shit.
Dustin and Boris are curious creatures indeed, but like I said, ignore them, and hopefully they'll go away.
How are we curious creatures because we're pointing out a valid point. What if I got stupid enough to buy a 360 and Forza 3, and then began pointing out physics flaws with proper points and basis with fact. Would we also be strange creature fanboys?

Right, because proper points and simple observations are "OMG FANBOI FLAME" and are ignored.

Apparently our logic escapes you... awfully curious when there's some glaringly obvious flaws in the graphics that I pointed out rather calmly, yet it's ignored.

Hm, That sounds awfully fanboy like... not accepting realistic criticism of a game that they like that's given in a calm manner.

And we have the problems?
But nobody on this thread cares what you think, so quite how you think its logical to come into a thread with the intent purpose of trying to "convert" people is beyond me, if thats logic, then yeah, I don't get it, you are worse than the bloody jehovah's witnesses.

You are a troll, nothing more, nothing less.

I've never said the game is without its flaws, it has flaws, many of them, and we all know that, quite why you think you still need to be flogging the same old horse over, and over, is just beyond me.
Quote from lukelfs :
Racing in R1's its hard to keep the car in a straight line, not sure how to fix that? :S

Edit2- Some Deadzone Inside fixed it, but its not perfect..

Edit3- Ok, its better now, but i need to get used to the wheel, feels abit funny atm.. but its still fun to play with

Make sure to press that little black button till the green light flashes very fast, makes it the most stable.

Its a decent wheel for what it does, and I have to say that Forza 2/3 + DriveFX feels better than GT5P + DFGT, with a wheel (even a crappy one) and all assisits off, you start to feel the individual car characteristics SO much better. Then you draw comparisons to real life counter parts characteristics and there are quite a few/lot of spot on. TVR's seem a good e.g. F430, Gallardo, too.
Can I point out something to people who are saying Forza 3 has graphics flaws, or 2 things actually.

1. You don't notice it AT ALL when you're driving, the game is all about driving. If you play the game (not just the demo) then it would be interesting to see your reactions to it after that.

2. You play Live for Speed... One of the most graphically dated 'current' games out there. Do you flame that for graphics and textures as much as this?
This is how awesome ive been, check out my little mini On my storefront if you'd like it.
Also this is some carnage that i caused....accidently of course at the New York with those new freaky chicanes god do they keep things interesting.
Lol speaking of that track since im currently on it, i just rewinded and since i had it paused it rewinded half of my lap :S was funny and scary im like STOP!!!!!! STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then it stopped and i was like *smileyface*
Attached images
Forza.jpg
Forza2.jpg
I love the chicaned New York track!!!
My beautiful Lotus!

If your ever doing a C class championship and don't know what to use, this baby is brilliant. If you can somehow manage to get a race gearbox in there without going into B class (add weight I guess) it'll be the best damn car.

In the Kaido uphill series I was around 70th in the world for each race, in this stock car! Great fun to drive too, turns in so well - I thought it was FWD.
Attached images
Forza10.jpg
Quote from danowat :I love the chicaned New York track!!!

I have to say I've noticed I'm crashing at the 90 degree corners in New York much less in Forza 3, but end up crashing just as badly or if not worse at the chicanes... I keep wanting to take them flat-out and then remember how tight they are!
There is one chicane that catches you out, but the rest can be taken flat out
Quote from mr_x :
1. You don't notice it AT ALL when you're driving, the game is all about driving. If you play the game (not just the demo) then it would be interesting to see your reactions to it after that.

I basically agree, but there's something that really bothers me when driving...

The shadows are seriously messed up in this game sometimes. If you look at the drivers hands, you'll notice how at certain points, the lightning on the drivers hands changes in a way like... well, it's not right IMO... it looks like it's "flickering".

Also, if you look at car shadows of the cars driving in front of you, you'll notice how the shadows sometimes flicker in the same way, they appear and disappear... and what's even worse about the car shadows... they change their "location" around the car all of a sudden. If you pay attention, you'll see how they sometimes flip from one side of the car to the other... which is very wrong. Imagine the sun is shining from the right side, and all of a sudden, the shadow of the car flips to the right side (where the sun is shining at), then back to the left side (without the sun changing "direction" aswell).

This is something that catches my attention all the time, even if i'm not looking for it. And it's highly annoying IMO.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
The shadows are a pain, but the overdone HDR is worse IMO.
Quote from Wenom :Added Dajmins gorgeous LFS-logo on top of my lame design! Gives a very nice touch to it!!

That actually looks pretty good!
Agh!! The more I see the more I want this game..

Damnit!
Quote from Wenom :Added Dajmins gorgeous LFS-logo on top of my lame design! Gives a very nice touch to it!!

Quote from obsolum :That actually looks pretty good!

Why thank you, it is brilliant
And you got it at a reduced price too - as soon as they raise the cap from 10k it'll be on a par with an S2 license at 24k instead Speaking of discounts, my nifty Mazda 3 skin is now free.

The shadows flicking about the place seems to be a LOD issue. They disappear about 50 feet ahead of the car and flick into view at the angle they were at when they disappeared last (so if you were a way round the track they'll appear at that angle then slide round. At least that's what I believe is going on.
Quote from mcintyrej :My beautiful Lotus!

If your ever doing a C class championship and don't know what to use, this baby is brilliant. If you can somehow manage to get a race gearbox in there without going into B class (add weight I guess) it'll be the best damn car.

In the Kaido uphill series I was around 70th in the world for each race, in this stock car! Great fun to drive too, turns in so well - I thought it was FWD.

I have the Astra Vx220 for top c clas its epic

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG