The online racing simulator
So, does it mean that we actually finished 20th, or does it mean that we finished 17th like we did? I'm a bit confused, sorry. It's late night for me, brains not working...
You finished where the tracker said you did, because of times outs etc.
Okay, thanks.
For a first time with a wheel I guess I was ok. Spun in the pace lap but with the wrecking later on that lap I didn't lose any positions.

Then at some point there was a car PARKED on that fast corner after the first split. Didn't save the replay so I'm waiting for the official one to see who it was. Am I allowed to file a report after the race?

Near the 1h mark my inputs froze and there was nothing I could do. Sorry for spectating but it was too dangerous.
Well, firstly, a thank you to everyone for organizing, participating and niko for putting up with me. That was my first endurance experience and the longest I have driven straight in LFS... ever (i think) I loved every second of it. Its a shame that 4SRT went to last in a LAG incident, although, It benefitted us more than just racing with the pack, not only did it make us really look at what we could do, but we treated the 2nd stint as a tyre testing stint. I think we decided that really, we turned up with the wrong set and the wrong tyres :L ah well, made keeping it on the gray stuff all the more challenging. Im happy with 20th, Andris might not be, but to bolt up from last... its a nice feeling. Anyhow... 4SRT will be going to round one high on a mix of testing and preperation.

Oscar.
May I suggest a new word for some people look up the definition to. This word is patience.

Jokes aside, I was watching this on and off on remote and I saw alot of aggressive moves that were done that included contact. I'm not saying alot of people were this way, I'm just pointing to the fact that some looked as if they had to make moves when really it wasn't needed. This is endurance races after all, so you have plenty of time to make your moves.

Just a piece of advice.
Hehe paitence thats a nice word

The XRR got completetly hammerd, whether this was down to poor setup or driver choice is debatable, i know i didnt run as well as i could of but still it happens.
I enjoy last night(this morning) only downside was the rolling start and the absolute fail that got my car mangled for being in the right place wrong time.

Looking foward to R1 just hope i will do better.

Also can we change our car selection before R1?
Quote from AstroBoy :Also can we change our car selection before R1?

Yes. We will be amending the restrictions for the XRR after this race a bit.

Car choices can change up through your first on-track session of Round 1. after that, any change you make nullifies any points or qualifying time up to that point.

d
When will the complete team list be annouced?
Quote from three_jump :When will the complete team list be annouced?

As soon as we decide on it. I hope that that's out by Wednesday at the latest.

d
Where can i find the skin pack ? I want to watch the Replay
Quote from N!ghtm@re :Where can i find the skin pack ? I want to watch the Replay

I was wondering why you wanted hi-res skins but then I realized no one was arsed to upload the regular ones to lfsw

Btw for the real rounds you must upload your skins to lfsw.
Yes, but then the skins are bad quality, so you would still have to download them from here, wouldn't you? Otherwise, there is no use of the high-res skins...
Quote from andRo. :Yes, but then the skins are bad quality, so you would still have to download them from here, wouldn't you? Otherwise, there is no use of the high-res skins...

There is also no use of the high-res skins if the drivers use a different name for their skin in game. You must post the highres skin here, it's for any other needs we have. People can choose to download them if they want things to look better, or they can just use whatever download setting they have on LFS.

Highres skins are put in a broadcast computer and also used when we do media related stuff. But it's to give a choice to racers. They can use the default skin system or they insert those skins.

Even if the skins are on LFSWorld, the download can be ignored if the skinpack is extracted into the data/skins folder. When you start LFS after downloading and extracting, it will convert them to dds, and viola, it's good to go.
With short preparation I was satisfied to quali on p22.

The race itself was a really short one for me. 15 min into the race i lost connection and it stayed down for the rest of the evening so it must have been a major problem at my ISP.
Very unfortunate and it has never happened to me in a race before.

I also agree in that we should be more careful behind safety car. I kept distance to the car in front of me and was able to stop in time when cars in front of me collided only to be smashed from behind.

Loved the format of the race and would like to congratulate SRLT, nFinity and SA.
And last but not least a shout out to the admins for a great job.
I thought that went quite well

The SC start was a bit of a disaster [x2], and I'll take a look at that now to see what went wrong, but in general the racing wasn't too bad.

Hope to see you at R1 on November 14th, 3h of BL1R
Start 1:

#97 [Tiger Express Motorsports] fell of the track at the North Hairpin [T8], but got back on quickly and ended up behind #23 [Serbian Hell Drivers] and alongside #22 [4Stroke Racing Team]. #23 kindly let them back into their correct position in the train [which they do not have to do at all, infact cars who go off track should go to the back of the train]. However in doing so they lost touch with the cars infront, and did not catch up in time for the start.

No penalties, just remember to stay in touch, and if you lose touch, then GTF back up with the cars in front!

Start 2:

#99 [nFinity E-Sports 1] and #17 [7Karat] collided in the second right sweeper before the final hairpin, causing a pile up involving:

#23 [Serbian Hell Drivers]
#13 [Clockwork Motorsports]
#22 [4Stroke Racing Team]
#86 [IM Motorsports]
#12 [Dinamo Motorsports]
#10 [Sim Racing Society]
#11 [White Water Radicals]
#95 [WSR]
#90 [Last Lap Motorsports]

Penalties: TBD
Quote from J@tko :Start 2:

#99 [nFinity E-Sports 1] and #17 [7Karat] collided in the second right sweeper before the final hairpin, causing a pile up involving:

#23 [Serbian Hell Drivers]
#13 [Clockwork Motorsports]
#22 [4Stroke Racing Team]
#86 [IM Motorsports]
#12 [Dinamo Motorsports]
#10 [Sim Racing Society]
#11 [White Water Racers]
#95 [WSR]
#90 [Last Lap Motorsports]

Penalties: TBD

Car #17 appearantly had the habit to speed up - brake a lot during the tyre heating, I found that pretty annoying. On the moment of the crash we were in sector 4, which means get in close formation. I saw in front of me people getting in double lines, which was my intention, though car #17 didn't saw me coming on the right though (which should have been my position).Car #17 was also suddenly braking, while I don't really see the need for such a sudden brake action on the long straight. This caused us to collide, we both ended up in the grass and I was unable to control my FZ2 in the grass, hence the spin. Could I have braked heavier ? Very likely, though I was a bit nervous and watching several things (eg. also the car behind me who was close). The cars behind me neither responded superb; they just drove into me, surely on the left of the track there was room...

If penalties are being given for this I'd make it a rulechange penalty: NO more tyre heating up actions. They lead to trouble, confusion and accidents like this (as there is no communication between the drivers from seperate teams).

#145 - CSF
Hehe watching the replay and my goodness lap 7 was carnage. Ken and CoRe were damn unlucky to be caught up in that after he smartly backed out of the three way Edit: Just noticed he reversed onto the track almost collecting several cars so I guess this next bit goes for him too....., and I was preparing to say what a great job Scott McKenzie was doing in that FXR... then I saw him coming into the track going 20kmh right infront of 2 SRS and another car that were coming up side by side... yeah that was just pure stupidity of the highest order.

Also:

Quote from Buzzn :Team Name: Griffin SimRacing
Number: 96
Car: FZR
Drivers:
[no]kill, Ken Sørvig-Johansen, NOR
[no]Ben, Benny Sharp, NOR
buzzn, Kjetil Brusveen, NOR

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YAH RIGHT! My spidey senses are tingling.
DeadLine Racing & Conquest Racing. Finish Line
Attached images
GTAL LAST LAP.jpg
Quote from CSF :and I was preparing to say what a great job Scott McKenzie was doing in that FXR... then I saw him coming into the track going 20kmh right infront of 2 SRS and another car that were coming up side by side... yeah that was just pure stupidity of the highest order.

Yeah, Scott was really cut up about that incident. He couldn't believe he'd been so stupid as to totally misjudge how much time he had to get across the track and away from the racing line before the next cars came through.
When he reliased he wasn't going to be able to get out of the way in time, he hit Shift/S to quit the race, but it didn't spectate him until after the accident had already taken place.

I understand he's watched the replay now and has made his apologies to the appropriate guy/s.
#149 - CSF
Hehe well he did a great job in the FXR showing if driven well it can be up there in GTAL just like last season. *cough balancing debate coming up cough*
Quote from GianniC :If penalties are being given for this I'd make it a rulechange penalty: NO more tyre heating up actions. They lead to trouble, confusion and accidents like this (as there is no communication between the drivers from seperate teams).

id agree there from watching bmxtwins race and IRC at same time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG