The online racing simulator
Quote from J@tko :It'll be hardcore, yes

Insofar as you will only be allowed to shift+p/shift+s from within pitlane as per the regular rules.

d
Quote from dekojester :Insofar as you will only be allowed to shift+p/shift+s from within pitlane as per the regular rules.

d

You know I meant that :hide:
Quote from Gil07 ::ices_rofl

Its geniune, he's wanted to compete in a series using clutch and H-box for a while without it making him completely uncompetitive. If he was allowed to at least participate in the test race, in a 2nd car (ie we'd prove our application with 4 people) then at least he can be assessed properly.
He's also not looking to do the whole season, just a race here n there. We kinda need the experience ourselves too, which is ultimately the reason were doing it, jonesy asked us to see if it was possible to compete under those circumstances, thats it.
Quote from PaulC2K :Its geniune, he's wanted to compete in a series using clutch and H-box for a while without it making him completely uncompetitive. If he was allowed to at least participate in the test race, in a 2nd car (ie we'd prove our application with 4 people) then at least he can be assessed properly.
He's also not looking to do the whole season, just a race here n there. We kinda need the experience ourselves too, which is ultimately the reason were doing it, jonesy asked us to see if it was possible to compete under those circumstances, thats it.

Well personally I have nothing against it if there is room in the test round... I'm sure D &J will have a look.

Did you actually ask anyone beforehand or just post a confusing lineup here? (I've been afk for a week so I don't know :P)
Quote from hyntty :Well personally I have nothing against it if there is room in the test round... I'm sure D &J will have a look.

Did you actually ask anyone beforehand or just post a confusing lineup here? (I've been afk for a week so I don't know :P)

Line-up has been correctly submitted as requested by NDR; this is done by e-mail, correct heading, ect...
Quote from GianniC :Line-up has been correctly submitted as requested by NDR; this is done by e-mail, correct heading, ect...

Ignore what I said above. I missed a bit
I havent been doing any of the communications, but going by the time of the lineup being posted in here, and the MSN conversation pecker pasted me from JP saying he (pecker) might be too experienced, but he'd look into it with the others... im guessing NDR have Jonesy's name, as when jonesy asked about getting involved pecker wasnt on our list of drivers interested, but pecker mentioned he wanted to do it but probably couldnt because he'd done some MoE GT2 races. At that point both names were added to the list to be looked into by NDR, and i gather both of those and myself are just waiting on those results.
I've done 2 rounds of MoE, 07/08 12h & 24h rounds, 2hr in both, and easily the slowest in both. This being the first season of the GT2 class, at a time when we already had 8+ other team drivers invested in both races and were trying to do things in-house. These days its more commonplace to borrow people to put out the strongest team, than use your own drivers to get your results, its become so competitive to do otherwise really, esp when capable teams are bailing on GT1 cos they can get success easier in GT2.

but as i say, not 100% sure, im not even aware of the correct procedure, but im pretty sure it was in JP's hands as he'd spoke to pecker about his name being on the list around 1am last night.

edit:
seems our forum has a post from 8am...
You are permitted to use all drivers on the roster for the test race unless we tell you otherwise. We will inform you of the ability of Paul Chapman, Jonathon Pickard, and Joona Laurilla within the next 48 hours.
Confirm that, mail sent "18 October 2009 23:59:31"

I assume d will discuss it with me when he awakes from the dead
Could we somehow make the ndr server a private one to get some proper races?
Quote from three_jump :Could we somehow make the ndr server a private one to get some proper races?

I'll take care of it overnight. I'll set a password and email it to all team managers who I have on file.

Also, the discussion of n\ drivers has been moved here so as to keep the confirmations thread clean.

d
Hey guys this is a question to the admins. Are we allowed to only enter 1 driver for the GTAL 0a event? Or must i enter a minimum of 2 drivers into the race
Quote from Bmxtwins :Hey guys this is a question to the admins. Are we allowed to only enter 1 driver for the GTAL 0a event? Or must i enter a minimum of 2 drivers into the race

You can enter one driver for the test race only, we will not enforce the 75% rule. We do however prefer that you have at least two drivers. The more the better so we can see as many drivers as possible. The more you show us will be better for any applications "On The Bubble" - we're looking for stability/consistency within those teams in this event.
Yeah one of my drivers ,who is 75% better then me, is not going to be able to race that race and I just want to make sure before i allow our backup drivers to race the test race.

Thanks for response
A few points to make here:

I have emailed the server password to the email that is on file from applications. This is generally the team manager or vice-manager. If you need it and can't get it from the person who has it, PM me or J@tko or Wilko868, they'll also have it.

For those who know or are wondering about GTAL Optional Entry Fees, I will be sending out messages after the testrace to all accepted teams about them. They are optional, but we encourage you to make the contribution.

Skinkit will be made available after testrace.

The IRC regulation is effective for the test race. We'll be in #ndr on irc.gamesurge.net.

The admins will be available if needed in Ventrilo, at denmark.ventriloservers.biz port 3828

Remember to post your 2048x2048 skins !

d
Just wondering:

Your ending position in the testrace is not that important right, but your pace, behavior, following rules, ect... do is ? Just asking cause we'd be inclined to make maximum use of this testrace and would think on doing small stints, lots of pitstops and put in some "unexpected" disconnected for ourselfs in; to see how good and fast we respond, ect...

Quote from GianniC :Just wondering:

Your ending position in the testrace is not that important right, but your pace, behavior, following rules, ect... do is ? Just asking cause we'd be inclined to make maximum use of this testrace and would think on doing small stints, lots of pitstops and put in some "unexpected" disconnected for ourselfs in; to see how good and fast we respond, ect...

Yes, just because a high finish is attained doesn't mean we'll let you in. You could win, but if you only ran ne driver, but a team came in 6th and ran 4 of 5 drivers, we'd be more inclined to allow the 6th place team in over the 1st.

We want to see that teams can follow the rules, can behave well, and generally are sporting and courteous.

I do advise against intentional disconnects though, as I don't wish to risk any possible disruptions to other teams on track.

d
Allright, thanks for clearing that up.

With intentional disconnects I more mean suddenly pitting ourselfs and then shouting over teamspeak to eachother that the backup guy needs to take over asap Obviously nothing will be done which can in the slightest way affect others.
Quote from GianniC :Allright, thanks for clearing that up.

With intentional disconnects I more mean suddenly pitting ourselfs and then shouting over teamspeak to eachother that the backup guy needs to take over asap Obviously nothing will be done which can in the slightest way affect others.

We will be enforcing the shift+p/shift+s == DNF routine in this race.

You are, of course, welcome to try that stuff on the server before and after the official sessions.
Quote from three_jump :Could we somehow make the ndr server a private one to get some proper races?

+1 for that,cuz a lot of noobs are joining and we couldn't practice descentley
Quote from prOmo_LTU :+1 for that,cuz a lot of noobs are joining and we couldn't practice descentley

Password has been set on the server now, and Airio is on.

Whoever applied for the season has the password. If you can't get it from them and want to get in, ask any member of NDR via PM. They have it. Usernames to ask there (I'll give the most reliable ones other than me, in order :P ) J@tko, TFalke55, Wilko868, hyntty, Timdpr, JO53PHS.
Can we do some rolling start practice before the race? I think it would be good practice for those of us who have never done anything like this before.

I think we'd just need a SC driver (preferably a NDR driver) and 10 or so drivers. You could announce this as a 'official practice' session, that should get the numbers up. We could run qualifying using the test race specifications, go into a rolling start and then a 10+ lap race.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie : (preferably NOT a NDR driver)

Edited for you

This is a good idea. We could have a go when everyone appears to practice on server on Saturday, or have a little go on Friday night if anyone's around? [Or earlier? It's just me and chris are busy weekdays :/]
Quote from dekojester :(I'll give the most reliable ones other than me, in order :P ) J@tko, TFalke55, Wilko868, hyntty, Timdpr, JO53PHS.

I'm sorry, but i'm more reliable that Thilo.

Quote from J@tko :It's just me and chris are busy weekdays :/

I can do anything on any weekday except on Tuesdays.
Quote from Wilko868 :I'm sorry, but i'm more reliable that Thilo.

Plus one (?) I'm only unreliable in case I don't actually get the message due to the fact that I need to shoot people every once in a while (!!).

Anyway, if my application for a day off convinces the Captain, I could do thursday evening even.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG