The online racing simulator
Round 0a: Test Race Discussion
Hello all:

As indicated in the emails to accepted and provisional accepted teams, there will be a test race held on October 24th, 2009.

This race is designed to be a final check of all procedures and services related to the series, and let teams get a chance to get used to our administrative style. For most, it is not mandatory to attend, but we would appreciate attendance. If you are a Provisionally Accepted Team, you are, however, required to attend the meeting if you are able to.

The details as we have them so far:

Date: 24 October 2009
Time: 17:30 UTC Qualifying, 18:15 UTC Race (Note: We will not have the qualifying on the preceding day for the test race.)
Course: Aston Grand Touring (AS6)
Duration: Qualifying for 30 minutes; Race for 2 hours
Notes: The race will start with a rolling start as per regular season procedure, and will also employ Safety Car Deployments. An "Artificial Caution" may be deployed at any time during the race to ensure practice in the procedure is gained. Round 0a is a Non-Championship Event. It will be considered an NDR-sanctioned event, and shall be treated as such.

Confirmations Thread

Skins Thread

Official Regulations
Attached files
AS6_NDR.lyt - 628 B - 183 views
Do someone know what sort of laptimes are good round there? I unfortunately have absolutely no idea, and it wouldn´t be exactly that bad if I had a sort of benchmark.
#3 - Makao
FZR: mid 2.41
:O thats mightty quick... It would seem that i will be seeing alot of tail light then just make sure you make your skins very nice at the back then... I got a 2:43... and improving.

-- 07.10.09 -- I will be there, as should jake be... keith has pulled out with a pile of issues... so team sorting has hit me big time, may just be us 2 on the 24th... But... we will be there.
We'll be there
Would anyone/everyone support a change of venue to Fern Bay Gold ? It's been suggested by a few that we do.

Any major objections, please post. Otherwise, we will very likely change to FE3 over AS6.
hmmm... i guess not... only that I prefer AS6 and have a race ready setup, strategy and race team for a race there... would mean lots of work... but, im not objecting if the majority want to run FE3.

Oscar.
Quote from dekojester :Would anyone/everyone support a change of venue to Fern Bay Gold ? It's been suggested by a few that we do.

Any major objections, please post. Otherwise, we will very likely change to FE3 over AS6.

I would support that. FE Gold is my favourite track, and it´s amazingly good fun with the GT2s.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I would support that. FE Gold is my favourite track, and it´s amazingly good fun with the GT2s.

And if people get through without failing then we expect that you can do everything else fine too.
Although I don't really wanna act like Timo(=get an other opinion than everyone else in order to be extremely annoying), I doubt this would be a good idea. Better train on a wide and long track instead of trying the most difficult venue of the season, considering that there will be quite a lot of inexperimented guys in the field
Quote from dekojester :And if people get through without failing then we expect that you can do everything else fine too.

Why? FE3 is a very easy track. Well, atleast for me it is.
AS6 is mint.. Keep it
Both tracks are good, but AS6 would show how good the balancing is a bit better.
I support FE. At least I know how that track looks (there's sand and palmtrees, right?), while AS GP is totally unknown to me after more than 8 years of LFS playing (I know, the track is less old, but I can't be bothered to look up the exact introduction date - still morning for me, glah!)
Quote from dekojester :Would anyone/everyone support a change of venue to Fern Bay Gold ? It's been suggested by a few that we do.

would be very cool
Quote from GianniC :I support FE. At least I know how that track looks (there's sand and palmtrees, right?), while AS GP is totally unknown to me after more than 8 years of LFS playing (I know, the track is less old, but I can't be bothered to look up the exact introduction date - still morning for me, glah!)

If you want to know it: AS Grand Touring and AS North were together in the same patch than the BF1, which was released in 2006
"And will also employ Safety Car Deployments.."

I guess unlike past season you´re planning on using the SC not only for the start procedure but during the race as well like IGTC.

In this case we´d prefere AS6...
+1 to AS6
+1 to AS6 for all the track space.

If it is to be FE3 then no problems really.
+1 to AS6, its just a wider better track for getting used to the system
Practicing for and racing in a test race on a track which won't be used in the actual season is just stupidity beyond words. Big wow, AS6 is wide, great, until you get to BL1R, FE3, SO4R and realise these tracks are a lot smaller, then you're ****ed, might as well get used to smaller tracks. And there's a reason IGTC held their test race at their round 1 track. So long as we have the test race at one of the tracks we're racing on then I'm happy.
AS6 isn't even on the calender, why would you do a test race there?? Just go with the first track of the season, BL1R. Would help with the preparation as well. Otherwise nobody will practice for a pointless test race and nobody gains anything.
^^

+1
hmmm... there is logic to that... ill bump to test at an actuall sceduled track... not neccassarily BL1R.
What's the point of first holding a test race, and then have effectively that same race again in a few weeks?

No wai smartarses.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG