The online racing simulator
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Well just wait or buy either a 3,1 month gold and then wait til 2010 becaus then XBL wil be free

Where do you get that? Don't think they are making Gold free.

Can get 12 monts for 34 euros, could go for that, 2,80 for month is hardly that much.
It still is customizable, albeit in private lobbies only.

Public lobbies in FM2 were a bit elitist, with people being kicked for all sorts of reasons, the matchmaking system is meant to counter this.

The idea is, if you want a quick public race, you use the hopper system, if you want a customizable race, you race with friends.

Not perfect, but there you go.
-
(danowat) DELETED by danowat
Quote from danowat :Public lobbies in FM2 were a bit elitist, with people being kicked for all sorts of reasons, the matchmaking system is meant to counter this.

I guess that makes some kind of sense, depending on what sort of matchmaking system they use - no point being lumped with people who have laptimes a full minute faster than yours

Quote from danowat :The idea is, if you want a quick public race, you use the hopper system, if you want a customizable race, you race with friends.

It can always be patched if it doesn't work out. I'm quite interested to see how they work out popular custom game modes to integrate as official options (like they have with Cat & Mouse and Tag now).

My custom game mode (if it could be done) would be a Tag Relay. Four two-man (or two four-man) teams, starting a half (or quarter) lap apart. Players must make contact with their team-mate to get them going, but the first car would need to stop after contact within a set distance. Your tags would need to be done really carefully to avoid taking out both cars.
Quote from Blackout :Where do you get that? Don't think they are making Gold free.

Can get 12 monts for 34 euros, could go for that, 2,80 for month is hardly that much.

If you realise its on top o your own internet connection if you would have nog internet you would not have XBL so its just stupid IMO to pay when u already pay for your internet.
Meh, its a minimal bill compared to some of the bills I have to pay to the shisters that run the utilities companies in this country.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :If you realise its on top o your own internet connection if you would have nog internet you would not have XBL so its just stupid IMO to pay when u already pay for your internet.

I don't pay for my internet.

Yeah, well, in rent I do so it's not free (nothing is) but there is no way separating and not having it. So I think it makes it free, technically.

And you pay for the service anyway so your analogy sucks, 2,80 euros is about three cups of coffee or 1 cheap beer. Of course cost is always relative.
I also have to pay tax on my car, even after having bought it outright in the first place. And fuel on top of that. And insurance! And don't get me started on VAT on the other stuff I buy.

The world is packed full of "extra" charges for stuff on top of what you pay by default. Hell, I still pay line rental for my phone line as well as my broadband, but am I complaining to BT about that?

It's all about whether or not you think what you get for the money is worth it. And in the case of XBL, it usually is. It's a very streamlined and immensely clever system.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :If you realise its on top o your own internet connection if you would have nog internet you would not have XBL so its just stupid IMO to pay when u already pay for your internet.

Does not mean it will become free.....
Quote from danowat :Meh, its a minimal bill compared to some of the bills I have to pay to the shisters that run the utilities companies in this country.

As i am 18 i know how much those things car hurt your wallet.

But i want XBox live so i can play with some of you guys.
Maybe some of you can give me some paint scemes or logos for free?.

Im just so excited for friday
woot it's here. And bliddy heck the LCE flash drive has a strong orange light
Quote from jibber :Where did you get it from this early?

Pretty much every specialized Store in Basel already sells it. Some even since yesterday afternoon. (Gamestop, Gameboxx and Playtower.)
^ Wankers. Every shop selling it before I have it should be axed by MS.
My new version of the LFS logo has been uploaded and is available on my Storefront for the sum of 10,000 credits (temporary mandatory price, apparently). 128 layers. There's a crappy pic up if you want a preview too
Quote from Dajmin :My new version of the LFS logo has been uploaded and is available on my Storefront for the sum of 10,000 credits (temporary mandatory price, apparently). 128 layers. There's a crappy pic up if you want a preview too

yeah show it to me baby
Not found out how to get my pics up on my PC yet
Quote from Dajmin :Not found out how to get my pics up on my PC yet

Is it not the same as FM2 where it asks you if you want upload it when you save it?
Apparently not. It asks about uploading to the storefront but not to the site. That might change over the next few weeks right enough. And I don't know if there's innertube access to the storefront where you can look at screens.
Quote from danowat :It still is customizable, albeit in private lobbies only.

Public lobbies in FM2 were a bit elitist, with people being kicked for all sorts of reasons, the matchmaking system is meant to counter this.

The idea is, if you want a quick public race, you use the hopper system, if you want a customizable race, you race with friends.

Not perfect, but there you go.

That really sucks, and is making me reconsider buying the game. The thing I was most looking forward to were spec races and races where in-car and clutch use was enforced. The only way to do this now is through private races. I don't know about everyone else, but the chances of me having 7 friends online at the same time to play is slim to none.

Taking away the option for publicly accessible custom races is a huge, huge mistake on Turn10's part.
Stil to bad my DFGt or DFP wont work maybe there is some way to modify my DFP for it to work.

Any ideas?
I'm sure they will fix the 'quirks' in Forza 4
just wondering if any of you guys got your bonus preorder codes yet
They are sending them out on Friday.
Quote from brt900 :just wondering if any of you guys got your bonus preorder codes yet

I don't know if I'm eligible for those, but I got my copy from Gamestation and there was something about a black Evo? How do I go about acquiring that? I obviously redeemed the code in the pack for the tracks, but I can't find anything in the emails or anywhere about this Evo.
If you pre-ordered the game, they will email the codes on release day (friday)
I got my preorder gift code today. They stick with the delivery on release, so I guess that's irrelevant in the end.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG