Does your cat puke?
(28 posts, started )

Poll : Does your car puke?

Sometimes
Barely
Never
Evereyday
Does your cat puke?
Well, there is a cat living with me (or I'm living with it, since it arrived to the house before me ), and I've found that it usually pukes. It's like a piece of shit covered by fur, quite solid. Is normal for a cat to do so? Or maybe it's sick? I know many people in this forum have a cat so that's why I ask here

PD: Yeah wrong title... that's what happens when you study something related to cars, they're always in your mind
The thread title is great! Mine doesn't...
Assuming you meant cat not car - if your car pukes, I'd check the sump

Yes, it's quite normal. As they lick themselves clean they swallow a lot of fur, and need to get rid of it.

If it's an outdoor cat, you may notice it eating grass - this helps them bring up the fur. If you have an indoor cat that can't get outside to eat grass, you can help them by growing a tray of grass on an easy to reach windowsill that they can eat.
When my cat was still alive, from time to time she used to throw up. It was mainly because of eating plants and other green stuff from the garden......

Edit: Beaten by Chris....
I don't have a car, but if it puked I'd be questioning what it was that happened the night before.

.. I don't have a cat, either, and I wouldn't, because they're stupid; but if I did have a cat, and it did puke, I'd... well.. I don't know. I wouldn't ever find myself in such a situation.
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
My cat pukes from the other side.

All
The
Time.

Ps: change thread name by double-clicking beside the name.
I dont own a cat, but if i had then as i voted ... everyday.

Anyways, i dont find "puke" as a weird thing and its not harmful to human (probably cats too). If u puke, then it means that u got good stomach what can fight with the bad stuff, u know. Ive read a bit about medicine but not much, the little basics only, theyr needed for lifetime lessons
My Cat never does that.

Wait, I dont have a cat
Fixed your thread title. You got me to this thread under false pretenses, you bastard.

I once made a dog puke by letting it a pack of raisins.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :
Wait, I dont have a cat

Well, that *does* make the first part technically true..
Thanks, I was eating and you ruined my appetite
The cat I had with my X was a freakin' puke-machine. Licked it'self clean - puke. After it eat - puke. When you lifted the cat - puke. Absolutely crazy. Turned out it needed to go on a special diet because it were alergic and basically like exploaded inside if it eat anything else than the strict diet the doctor gave it.
Happens with one of my cats occasionally, the other one never does it...

Not exactly the most obvious thread that you'd think to find on an LFS forum, lol...
sometimes - depends on diet and other common variables
I luckily don't have a cat.
One of my two cats sometimes pukes right after he has eaten. He always gets dry food, and it will come out completely undigested. I guess he just has a weak stomach or something.

I've never seen any of my cats puke up a hairball, but doubtless they do that regularly as well since all cats do that (I think). I guess they always do it outside
Thanks guys. So basically after such a scientific poll in a racing simulator forum I come to the conclusion that this cat is a normal cat.
It's an indoor cat, this kind of animals which spend their whole life eating and sleeping.
I'm sorry for those who lost their cats
Only after she goes into cow mode and eats a ton of grass when I take her outside.
My cat does this sometimes (about 3 times in the 6 months we have had him), it is quite normal, especially around this time of year, as even indoor cats start to develop their winter coat about now, so much more fur for them to swallow when cleaning themselves, thats all it is, furballs.

He did it once straight after eating his food, (we feed him a very small amount of meat and the rest of the food is crunchy biscuits) but as already mentioned it was totally undigested, so i guess he rushed his food that day and that was why, plus he hasn't done it since.

He is good though, as although he didnt quite make it the first time it happened, he does get up and move from the carpet in the opposite corner of the lounge by the radiator where he sleeps all the way through the room and into the kitchen where its all lino.

Now, if only we could stop him doing a wee on any soft furnishings in the flat at night or when we are out then i would be very happy, sofas, cushions, our bed, my jacket that he clawed off the back of the chair onto the floor one night, a black bag with clothes ready for washing, towels in the bathroom, etc... anywhere soft.

Everyone i have spoke to says we should get him neutered, but he cant be neutered, as he has a heart murmor, and according to the vets, the risk of putting him under to do the procedure and him not waking up again due to his heart is too great.
Quote from NitroNitrous :It's an indoor cat, this kind of animals which spend their whole life eating and sleeping.

I always thought this is kind of sad. Imagine you could never get out of the house...

Quote from spankmeyer :Only after she goes into cow mode and eats a ton of grass when I take her outside.

:bowdown:
it's not puke, it's a hairball...

every cat i've known gets them.
My cat puked about an hour ago... :vomit:
Yeah, the only cats who don't do this are the rare ones who don't shed much or are hairless.

Does your cat puke?
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG