The online racing simulator
weight reduction
(47 posts, closed, started )
No, keep going, they're very funny
oh the other problem with light cars of course is that pit stops are slower, because the car tend to float up when the jacks go in and the crew have to hold it down and settle the car before they can begin work.
Oh and let's not forget the sorry tale of Scandinavian driver Sven Svensson who was racing the MoE winter series last year with a light car, and of course descovered that light things have less fat in them which deprived Sven of the necessary fatty insulations needed to keep warm in the harsh Scandinavian winters. We all miss Sven on this forum, and hope that he gets well soon.
I should have expected the thread to become so hilarious
Also don't forget that carbon fibre is electrically conductive, if there is a lot of static in the air (in LFS this happens a lot when passing those wind turbines at Blackwood) this can result in your car becoming positively charged. If the polarity of the charge is correct then you'll storm up the race order, but if it's the reverse polarity you're in big trouble.

Ah yes one more thing, when running a light car obviously your data packets to the server are lighter too. If too many people in the same race are using a light car then it can effect the weight of the entire internet.

Infact wasn't there that "Stock Lites" league that caused the server hosting the race to loose so much weight that midway through the championship finale an engineer had to treat the race server for anorexia which gave us that highly controversial finish to the series?
Quote from Becky Rose :Also don't forget that carbon fibre is electrically conductive, if there is a lot of static in the air (in LFS this happens a lot when passing those wind turbines at Blackwood) this can result in your car becoming positively charged. If the polarity of the charge is correct then you'll storm up the race order, but if it's the reverse polarity you're in big trouble.

Ah yes one more thing, when running a light car obviously your data packets to the server are lighter too. If too many people in the same race are using a light car then it can effect the weight of the entire internet.

Infact wasn't there that "Stock Lites" league that caused the server hosting the race to loose so much weight that midway through the championship finale an engineer had to treat the race server for anorexia which gave us that highly controversial finish to the series?

Did u make this up while sitting on the loo?
You must be seriously bored
Quote from IlGuercio :Did u make this up while sitting on the loo?
You must be seriously bored

Because all my others posts where made with absolute sincerity ?
Quote from Becky Rose :Also don't forget that carbon fibre is electrically conductive, if there is a lot of static in the air (in LFS this happens a lot when passing those wind turbines at Blackwood) this can result in your car becoming positively charged. If the polarity of the charge is correct then you'll storm up the race order, but if it's the reverse polarity you're in big trouble.

So that is why I always wind up losing positions there. And I was driving backwards too!

I heard rumours that the server is dangerously underweight due to people using the light cars, I'm sure there was a sticky on it a few days ago...
I've heard some people are trying to compensate the lightweight of the carbon fibre cars by using heavy water in the screenwash.
Playing heavy metal on the radio will also have this effect.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Playing heavy metal on the radio will also have this effect.

Not if you've replaced all the metal with carbon fibre though. You are referring to the weight gain exploit surely? Certainly i've never noticed this effect personally and I listen to heavy metal a lot because I was born in the 70s, wore a lot of jeans and leather jackets, and liked tattoo's.
personally, even with the carbon fibre cheat, i cant touch the WR times cos of my weight... damn all this fat. i hate how accurate LFS's weight calculator is. does anyone care to PM me a cheat code for that???
I thought that code was public knowledge: botox
Ah, but using heavy screenwash or playing heavy metal will simply make one area of your car heavier.

You need to use heavy fuel
I wonder if a car can get skinnier after miles of racing.
What do you think guys?
Im quite sure my FOX lost 5 kg in the last week but,since i cant drive it 24hrs a day,i can't monitor what it eats and the benefit is easily lost in a couple of days
Did you know that some teams are now using diet fuel to try to get an advantage and the organizers are having to bulk up the cars?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Did you know that some teams are now using diet fuel to try to get an advantage and the organizers are having to bulk up the cars?

Oh yeah I meen thats got so out of hand now even the Blackwood track cafe are serving diet water so drivers can rehydrate without adding too much extra weight before the race.
Yeah, I know, South City are slightly better, diet bitter pre and post race. But who'd drink it?

Westhill are offering diets for diets
#45 - senn
LFS: so are the devs aware of said hax?

Reality: Isn't there that new stronger stuff they used in the A380 thats stronger than CF, and as light (if not lighter?)
I think that's enough fantasy for one morning.
#47 - 5tag
Quote from Wm. Peddle :Ok, thanks man, I just thought there may of been an advantage cause a metal hood might be heavier or something than a fiber hood. As long as it it only cosmetic, get er done

Actually there are no little cars driving aroung in that box, you know?
This thread is closed

weight reduction
(47 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG