The online racing simulator
Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
(21 posts, started )
#1 - TiJay
Picked this up today, what a brilliant game! Plays like the first OFP mixed with Far Cry 2, Ghost Recon and the old Delta Force games. Fantastic fun

Has anyone else got this, and have you got past the ****ing "defend beachead" mission yet?
Co-op is THE only way to play this for a decent experience tbh
Downloaded few days ago but haven't installed. I read is not as hardcore as the orginal one or Arma so I don't feel curious about it... don't have time for games right now anyway
Quote from NitroNitrous :Downloaded few days ago but haven't installed. I read is not as hardcore as the orginal one or Arma so I don't feel curious about it... don't have time for games right now anyway

if this is the case i wont play it i HATE farcry and all them FPS games where u get it 5 times and still move around like u didnt get hit. OPF was the best one i have played so far and if 2 isent better as in *realistic* then whats the point
if someone gave it to me, i would play it.
but i am not going to spend 60$ on it.
Quote from MAD3.0LT : whats the point

one bullet will end you - its just not fun to be one shot killed.

if you think it is, step outside then
Quote from theirishnoob :one bullet will end you - its just not fun to be one shot killed.

new sig
Was thinking about getting a copy of it but, after watching a bunch of videos on yt, I'm not sure anymore. AI seems to be rather stupid occasionally though, which is killing the fun, sort of though, vehicles seem to be feeling like "doom on weed" but besides those downsides, the sound seems to be pretty nice and the map itself is awesomely huge, making it posssible for some good old fashion coop action yo.

Anyhow, I'm tempted, but i guess I'm going to wait until this game is going to get a lot cheaper yo ;D
I think it's abysmally bad. ArmA 2 is just so much better. Doesn't deserve the name "Operation Flashpoint" at all.

It also reminds me of the downfall of all once good tactical FPS games, like Ghost Recon, which got the really bad GRAW follow ups.Or Rainbow Six, which was decent up until Ravenshield, but then got crap with Lockdown and the Vegas series. The only merit of the latter games was that they made the GRAW series look decent in comparison.
I got it on pc and apart from crappy servers which are always down I think it's a brilliant game.
Quote : i HATE farcry and all them FPS games where u get it 5 times and still move around like u didnt get hit.

Did you ever play Far Cry 2? I made the FC comparison due to the open world and the fact you can approach a mission any way you want.

It's a genuinely good game except for your slightly useless AI mates, haven't tried co-op yet though...
Quote from ColeusRattus :It also reminds me of the downfall of all once good tactical FPS games, like Ghost Recon, which got the really bad GRAW follow ups.Or Rainbow Six, which was decent up until Ravenshield, but then got crap with Lockdown and the Vegas series. The only merit of the latter games was that they made the GRAW series look decent in comparison.

Amen to that. After realizing that Ravenshield was the last real Rainbow Six game I shed a single tear, like a Native American.
Doesn't support TrackIR, so I bought Armed Assault 2 yesterday... Better late than never, I suppose...
Quote from Jertje :Amen to that. After realizing that Ravenshield was the last real Rainbow Six game I shed a single tear, like a Native American.

Actually it was Athena Sword, a follow up to Raven Shield But yea, i miss those kind of games There's a game in the making from those original Rainbow Six crew, who left Ubisoft to create it..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Actually it was Athena Sword, a follow up to Raven Shield But yea, i miss those kind of games There's a game in the making from those original Rainbow Six crew, who left Ubisoft to create it..

Athena Sword was "just" and addon to Ravenshield... but yeah, everything after that that wears the Tom Clancy Tag is pretty much shit, except the Splinter Cell games.
I liked GRAW2. It's strategic enough to be interesting without being annoyingly pixel-perfect in terms of aiming and cover. Just a bit linear is all.
its pretty good but i would prefer arma2 if it wouldnt be sooooooooo buggy
Quote from theirishnoob :one bullet will end you - its just not fun to be one shot killed.

lol i steped outside today it was so scary i had to call my mummy.....

the only reason i liked OPF was cause u get shot in the leg u have to crawl u get shot in the hand u cant hold the gun properly. u can richet bullets and kill ur self. if u carry a to heavy load down a steep hill sprinting u can brake/strain a leg and have to crawl. u get shot in the chest by someone ur dead. and not many servers allow respawning the game makes u play smart and that.

basicly the only reason i liked OPF was cause it was a WAR SIMULATOR not a NFS FPS like CS

In LFS, one mistake and you spin off, lose 5 seconds and finish 7th instead of 1st. Is not fun then?

Completely agree with MAD3.0LT. Maybe OF2 is a nice game, but it does not deserve that name. Same with GRAW, RainbowSix and many others, but we know people prefer arcadish games and that's what we get. Money talks
AmbushU454 - Unlocks "Ambush" Mission
CloseQ8M3 - Unlocks "Close Quarters" Mission
StrongM577 - Unlocks "Coastal Stronghold" Mission
RaidT18Z - Unlocks "Night Raid" Mission
OFPWEB2 - Unlocks mission "Debris Field"
OFPWEB1 - Unlocks mission "Encampment"

Enjoy.

That is fun. It forces you to be strategic and not run in RAMBO style shooting shit up.
BUMP

Anyone still playing this? If any of you have completed it, is it still good to play online?

I've seen this for sale brand new for £20 in GameStation, so i will be buying it tomorrow. I play quite a bit of FPS on PC, but i have only ever played one FPS on console, and that was CoD:WAW, so i expect i will be getting killed in OF2....alot.

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG