The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Heiko1 :Hey guys ive found a bug on an Z18 server:

it seems to be only on client users on server

With adminpassword: Left Pic

Without adminpassword: Right Pic

This isn't a bug. The ones whose buttons don't seem to be presed are admins.
Quote from AndroidXP :Does it? Don't get me wrong, I never used SoftTH, but I always thought what it does is fake a display device that has a wider screen resolution.

It has to, because LFS currently uses a single large surface colour buffer to draw on.
Quote from AndroidXP :Then again, maybe for splitting the data it actually does create multiple D3D devices, sending a third of the output to each device.

Yep, that's how I think it works.
The alphabetical sorted list is nice. MUCH easier to find players.

Please don't take this as ungrateful, but just personally, the dark background for the connections list kinda makes things look a bit jumbled.

In the past to find admins you could still press Shift+Ctrl to list the Usernames and the admin's licence names showed up as light greenish and this was really ok. All the backgrounds were light grey and the list looked neater and more professional in this respect. Somewhat easier to read when all bg colours are the same. Other people may disagree.

Otherwise
Attached images
untitled.JPG
JasonJ : I think it's easier to find the admins/hosts with the different bg, than by pressing shift+ctrl and looking for green font. Just my opinion.
I always know who the admins are anyway, my memory is good for this. Anyway, did you see the last name in my example? It's almost illegible.

And sorry if this is off topic, I didn't want to create a 3 page debate about something that has been decided on. I just wanted to point it out. Some will agree some will not.
Quote from JasonJ :Anyway, did you see the last name in my example? It's almost illegible.

Ah yes, I didn't notice that. They can make it a bit brighter (grey) to prevent this. Like this. Or maybe to add a next table cell with A test to the right of the player name like [ A ] [ Flame ] [ ] [ SS ] ...

And by the way, one little bug report...

The interface test buttons should be drawn over the racer list. See here.
Attached images
button.jpg
adm.jpg
Positive feedback here, the angle slider for the additional screens does its magic. Wonderful.
nvm i saw the awnswer a few post up
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :i was looking at the connection list and i was wondering what was the dark and light buttons for? see pic.

White = guest
Black = admin / host
Quote from Scawen :
New key : SHIFT+Z to show the mouse cursor when it would be hidden

Hooray i was hoping this was in thank you s much Scawen!! If i find a bug ill tell you
#86 - avih
At the mirror (tested virtual only), in "Name over cars" mode, the name only appears when the car behind is really REALLY close. On earlier versions I was able to tell the names over at least several cars behind (all LOD settings at max details), but now it's practically useless... as in.. 98% of the time the cars are just too far behind (I'd say 0.5s is enough) to display it..
Quote from avih :At the mirror (tested virtual only), in "Name over cars" mode, the name only appears when the car behind is really REALLY close. On earlier versions I was able to tell the names over at least several cars behind (all LOD settings at max details), but now it's practically useless... as in.. 98% of the time the cars are just too far behind (I'd say 0.5s is enough) to display it..

Yep, I'd really like it if it was the way it was before. Right now you only see the name when they're on your bumper.
Quote from avih :At the mirror (tested virtual only), in "Name over cars" mode, the name only appears when the car behind is really REALLY close. On earlier versions I was able to tell the names over at least several cars behind (all LOD settings at max details), but now it's practically useless... as in.. 98% of the time the cars are just too far behind (I'd say 0.5s is enough) to display it..

Yeah, same problem here. I didn't really think about it until you mentioned it.
#89 - VT-1
one thing that i notice from Z to Z18 (or somewhere along the line)

I have always used slightly different FOV from single seater to closed cars. LFS always saved the different views setings for all the car types.

I just recently got TH2Go and have begun playing with all the features. It is all working 100%.

LFS still saves the x, y, z for the different car types, but defaults to the last FOV settings. Also, the new slider that shifts the view defaults to last and does not save from car type to car type.
Quote from VT-1 :LFS still saves the x, y, z for the different car types, but defaults to the last FOV settings. Also, the new slider that shifts the view defaults to last and does not save from car type to car type.

I haven't tried Z18 yet, but if this is the case it will be an issue for me as well. I can understand it from a practicality standpoint (those with multiple screens don't need to set it up for every single car, for instance) but we still need to be able to have different settings for different cars, imho.
The triple screen angle adjustment is just what was needed, it has made a huge difference, great job with that
No bugs as far as I have seen...

But one thing that I noticed is that my FPS increased by about 50% I love this new patch! Keep up the good work, guys.
great work
my fps dint increased
Sorry BUT I am pretty sure that the FOV was never saved for each car. It's like a global setting and that's why it's in that top group of settings like number of screens, angle of each screen and the new wheel offset setting. Same as head movement setttings in the bottom group.

You can add a script for each car to change the FOV with
/fov [degrees]
see:
data/script/XRT.lfs
data/script/XRR.lfs
data/script/XRG.LFS
data/script/FXO.lfs
data/script/FXR.lfs
etc etc

The only ones that are saved for each car have always been the X,Y,Z offset settings (the seat position), rotation and pitch settings. Mirror Z,Y position to IIRC.

edit: sorry, didn't realise that FOV used to be saved for Custom Views. I only use Cockpit view.
two lines in language.txt file are missing: 3h_resulfov and 3h_viewoffs
Quote from mxpxun :two lines in language.txt file are missing: 3h_resulfov and 3h_viewoffs

How do you mean missing? They are in the online system, but they are untranslated only I think.
Quote from mxpxun :two lines in language.txt file are missing: 3h_resulfov and 3h_viewoffs

you should add the language they are missing in
Quote from jasonmatthews :that is what i was hoping that this new multi monitor support would do, but it seems not. If lfs could provide this feature, it would be great

+1
Quote from Scawen :I'd like to know more about that too. Of course, it works fine in XP where you can set the two monitor ports to act as a single screen.

Why would they go backwards? Is this something to do with copyright protection? I can't think why... just wondering why MS had to "break" their new OS's.

As far as I know this is a NVidia driver related problem. With the new Aero they are not able to use the span mode anymore.

Anyway, facing this issue it would be REALLY great if you could manage to broach every single display - as Windows system configuration does: I have 3 displays with 2 display cards. But using Win7 (or Vista) I cannot either span all three of course nor two of them. I only can uses every screen as a single screen (or clone them).

I like that behaviour in Windows - I would hate having one BIG desktop! So I never would buy a TH2GO...

Perhaps you are able to "read" the windows display setup and LFS might know that the main display is a 1080p display, the two others are 1280x1024 displays and how they are ordered and then LFS would render 3 independent pictures...

Or perhaps if it is not possible to read the windows setup an option to enter how many screens are connected with which resolution may do the trick too.

However, else there are no issues with Z18 yet thx
Quote from VT-1 :one thing that i notice from Z to Z18 (or somewhere along the line)
I have always used slightly different FOV from single seater to closed cars. LFS always saved the different views setings for all the car types.
I just recently got TH2Go and have begun playing with all the features. It is all working 100%.
LFS still saves the x, y, z for the different car types, but defaults to the last FOV settings. Also, the new slider that shifts the view defaults to last and does not save from car type to car type.

Quote from MAGGOT :I haven't tried Z18 yet, but if this is the case it will be an issue for me as well. I can understand it from a practicality standpoint (those with multiple screens don't need to set it up for every single car, for instance) but we still need to be able to have different settings for different cars, imho.

Quote from JasonJ :Sorry BUT I am pretty sure that the FOV was never saved for each car. It's like a global setting and that's why it's in that top group of settings like number of screens, angle of each screen and the new wheel offset setting. Same as head movement setttings in the bottom group.

You can add a script for each car to change the FOV with
/fov [degrees]
see:
data/script/XRT.lfs
data/script/XRR.lfs
data/script/XRG.LFS
data/script/FXO.lfs
data/script/FXR.lfs
etc etc

The only ones that are saved for each car have always been the X,Y,Z offset settings (the seat position), rotation and pitch settings. Mirror Z,Y position to IIRC.

That's true, it's only custom views that ever saved a fov per car. You can set up a custom view that looks just like a cockpit view or use the /fov X command in the car scripts as JasonJ suggests.

Quote from Crady :As far as I know this is a NVidia driver related problem. With the new Aero they are not able to use the span mode anymore.

Anyway, facing this issue it would be REALLY great if you could manage to broach every single display - as Windows system configuration does: I have 3 displays with 2 display cards. But using Win7 (or Vista) I cannot either span all three of course nor two of them. I only can uses every screen as a single screen (or clone them).

I like that behaviour in Windows - I would hate having one BIG desktop! So I never would buy a TH2GO...

Perhaps you are able to "read" the windows display setup and LFS might know that the main display is a 1080p display, the two others are 1280x1024 displays and how they are ordered and then LFS would render 3 independent pictures...

Or perhaps if it is not possible to read the windows setup an option to enter how many screens are connected with which resolution may do the trick too.

However, else there are no issues with Z18 yet thx

It's not an easy job to support multiple display adapters at the same time. For example, every texture and every object must be separately sent to each graphics card. It's not an impossible task but would require a big rewrite of the 3d support system so that it opens two (or more) D3D objects and then duplicates all the calls to them. That would take a while but then there would be a lot of refinement to the system, for example how to handle when a call to one device works but the other fails, how to recover and still display LFS to the user... I don't even want to think about it.

So that is really not going to happen any time soon because the priority is the physics and the VWS patch, after fixing the last couple of bugs in this new multiple display support system (which only supports multiple renders to a single surface).

I think Lithuanian was not updated in time for the patch but it is now :
http://www.lfs.net/lfs_transla ... ion=1&lang=Lithuanian
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG