The online racing simulator
Quote from Goop :As for the Brutes, last time I checked in it was pretty silly. Lot of crashing and silly moves and bad driving.

True but that's part of the appeal, a bit of fun more than the ultra serious upper levels.
#27 - Goop
True Sars, it appealed to the yokel in me for about 2 or 3 races. Then I got over it. I'd prefer to see close clean clever racing anyday.
Maybe an El Camino-like truck. Or like a Holden Malloo!
Quote from Goop :As for the Brutes, last time I checked in it was pretty silly. Lot of crashing and silly moves and bad driving.

but you gotta remember, its not entirely the utes in the Brutes series that makes it all crazy, its also the drivers .

if you ask me, having a ute in lfs wouldnt be any different to car (except a bit of handling difference). As long as everybody still tries to race clean it shouldn't be to much of a problem.
Quote from nosliw :along the lines of this?

Yes, I'am not talking about a big pickup, something small like this.
i'm glad the devs are europeans....
Quote from inCogNito :i'm glad the devs are europeans....

Me too
I have one more idea (different that this):

Having the headlights on the GT-T pop up (like real headlights), just a small thing that has been eatting at me for awhile.
Quote from inCogNito :i'm glad the devs are europeans....

Quote from NONo443 :I have one more idea (different that this):

Having the headlights on the GT-T pop up (like real headlights), just a small thing that has been eatting at me for awhile.

Wow thats a new idea! :rolleyes:
Quote from Hankstar :Ever seen the monstrosity known as the Chevy Suburban?

Ever heard of the mountain on wheels known as the Ford Excursion? It weighs 6800 pounds, is SLOWER than all the rest, even though it has a 575 HP engine, and the fuel mileage is horrendous. 6-8 MPG! DAMN! Even a 454 Caprice SS can do better! Not only is it next to impossible to park the beast, but you cay be spending near to $200 to fill the gas tank (with recently inflated gas prices), so unless you are Bill Gates or George W. Bush you are not going to be able to pay for the fuel!

NOW, back OT, I think a performance pickup wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Yes I am aware that Ford trucks are rubbish (I've been in all but the Excursion and the F350), and that trucks are too heavy and bad handling, but come on! How many of you can drive the LX6 or the Formula V8 without spinning it a lot? The truck (any one, not referring to Ford) is not as bad as you think...
Dang! That's one HUGE useless SOB... I guess it's lucky for George W he's found all the oil his Daddy left under those pesky Iraqi's sand back in '91
Oil + Gasoline are going to go up. But whatever.
Quote from NONo443 :I have one more idea (different that this):

I mean, its not as if this has been talked about a zillion times before..
what about a "flying start" with 1 or 2 tire-warming laps??? or nightraces??? with lighting and stuff?
dont know if its possible maintaining networkstuff and all

good fight, good night
[quote=the_angry_angel] Ford Lightning (I know its crap, but I dont care)

WHAT! FORD KICKS ASS. WTF YOU CAN TAKE 30 FT JUMPS IN FORDS WITH VERY LITTLE DAMAGE AND IN A GM VEHICLE YOUD FRIKEN DIE! HOLY CRAP.
wtf is wrong with shit monger GM lovers.i cant understand them. WEEEEEEE like a friken peble. atleast Ford isnt going friken bank rupt like GM is. oh. and Ford owns Mazda, Jaguar, and Volvo. Chevy is gay. And thats final. So you can go and cry on your GM's shit apolstered seat, and watch as the dye runs out of them.
ROFL nice post. I have absolutely NO idea what your deal is, but please continue. I like a good chuckle
Before this thread degenerates into Ford vs. Chevy deadlock I'd like to say that in my opinion Utes could be added, but only after LFS has actually produced a convincing grunty large engine.

There are two types of racing pick ups worth talking about, first being the Aussie Utes which are based on the same modern monocoque construction as a Holden/Ford muscle car, they are in essence the same as a V8u Supercar with obviously a lighter rear end and less power, by the time one is building a racing car from shell up most of the strutural rigidity issues can be ironed out.

The other type of pick up racing is the Nascar Craftsman Trucks (bare with me), whilst normally confined to ovals they are a 1600 kg tubular steel space frame construction producing over 650 bhp from a full race Chevy V8 revving to 9200 rpm. On road courses in N2003 they produce the best racing I've ever had in anything apart from LFS. All things considered these things are slightly slower than the FOX, which is still very fast by terms of anything that you'll have driven (faster than 911/M3s round the 'ring).

They run on slick tires but are still pretty basic well sorted cars, still on an open diff and a 4 speed racing box, and importantly as they are effectively a Nascar with lower rear bodywork they are not overly tail happy. The main problems in simulating them would be that they've been driven to death in N2003 already and I don't feel LFS can really simulate a big full race engine (or any big engine), lastly they are peaky racing engines which still really need to be kept in a fairly high rev range, not as important as keeping a F5000 engine on cam, but it still won't give this right foot in any gear makes you go style torque usually experienced in big V8s.

If you want to race Utes in N2003 look here - www.wr-racing.co.uk
[quote=-YR-BDINGU][quote=the_angry_angel] Ford Lightning (I know its crap, but I dont care)

WHAT! FORD KICKS ASS. WTF YOU CAN TAKE 30 FT JUMPS IN FORDS WITH VERY LITTLE DAMAGE AND IN A GM VEHICLE YOUD FRIKEN DIE! HOLY CRAP.
wtf is wrong with shit monger GM lovers.i cant understand them. WEEEEEEE like a friken peble. atleast Ford isnt going friken bank rupt like GM is. oh. and Ford owns Mazda, Jaguar, and Volvo. Chevy is gay. And thats final. So you can go and cry on your GM's shit apolstered seat, and watch as the dye runs out of them.[/quote]

Take the bashing to some GM website, no need to throw this old topic, off topic.

ajp71, thanks.
get your flamers ready... :P

i've always dreamed of a lfs like physics for some nfs-u2 like game.
why?

why, not?

just a thought
#46 - Jakg
Quote from NONo443 :I've mentioned this on RSC but I guess i'll post this over here too.

How about adding a pickup or pickups to LFS?

Ok, before I get flammed over this, hear me out right now. Now, pickups are kind of known to be kind of tail happy and not really good handler's but IMO, the GMC Syclone/Typhone and Ford Lightning proved that wrong, along with countless others by manufactures and the aftermarket. My sugestion for a pickup is it needs to be AWD (not 4WD) or RWD, Regular Cab, and some sort of V8 (along with the sound). I know that would make LFS just a little bit more fun to play, plus it would open it up to more people (not rednecks or anyother people like that) who like trucks and enjoy driving them.

I thank you for taking your time and responding to my question in advance .

-NONo443

the difference? (unless your truck has more than 4 wheels!0
Quote from micha1980de :get your flamers ready... :P

i've always dreamed of a lfs like physics for some nfs-u2 like game.
why?

why, not?

just a thought

At least someone agrees with me... I'd like a ricer game with physics (note how I didn't say 'better physics', but just 'physics').

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG