The online racing simulator
Changing cars in training mode
I've been racing for some time now and have gotten used to how the FWD handles however is it possible to change the car to the RWD and still do the same training lessons?

Thanks
If you mean doing the same lessons as the XFG but in the XRG then I don't think so. There's lessons for the XRG but i'm not sure if they're the same or not.

I can't load any of the lessons for some reason, so I can't check for you.
No, each of the training lessons are for a specific car only.
so there is no way to change the information in the training files?
Quote from LFSn00b :Well, you could always try editing the .lsn files in data/training.

This works
What program do you guys use? i tried few and it crashes for some reason
I just used a hex editor (HxD to be specific, any should work though) to change the "XF GTI" part to the full name of whatever car I wanted to try. I also made sure that if I put in an S1/S2 car, a demo LFS couldn't drive the lesson, so I see no problem doing this
This sounds pretty cool, ill try when i am home from school, but is this allowed?
Ill put everything to bf1 and see if i can make it
Thank you very much for the help everyone, the hex editor worked perfectly. Finally i can learn how to do the slalom with a rwd car (besides the formula).
What's the point of all this? You can manually copy all the layouts of the lessons to your layout folder and drive it single player mode.
Quote from Flame CZE :What's the point of all this? You can manually copy all the layouts of the lessons to your layout folder and drive it single player mode.

I thought demo users couldn't use Layouts?
Quote from obsolum :I thought demo users couldn't use Layouts?

Ah sorry, I didn't notice that
Quote from LFSn00b :He meant that you can replace the lesson layouts with your own layout on the lesson folder, and it would work on demo.

No, that's not what he meant, and it's not what he wrote either
So just as a question....

What happens if a Demo user changes the training car to for example the XRR?
Does he haz teh XRR then?
Quote from rockclan :What happens if a Demo user changes the training car to for example the XRR?
Does he haz teh XRR then?

Quote from dougie-lampkin :I also made sure that if I put in an S1/S2 car, a demo LFS couldn't drive the lesson, so I see no problem doing this

Can somebody show me how to do this? I edited the files and replaces with BMW Sauber F1.06, doesn't do shit. It doesn't work but its not broken, its still the old car?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG