The online racing simulator
Delivering your loads on time
(36 posts, started )
Extreme Trucker!

Anyone tried it yet? Better tyre physics than iRacing? Discuss and download if you dare!
Great topic name.....
I can't find the download link..

Really wants me to play it. If it has same physics, it doesn't. Ill try it.

edit: no demo yet.
They seem to have put much more effort in making interesting roads than they ever did in Euro Truck Sim... Better not have the diabolical ETS physics

Although there is probably a bigger market for the 18WoS games, because every American dreams of sitting down doing nothing all day

j/k
i have always enjoyed the 18wheels series.. my only 2 issues are: Feels extremely arcadey and exactly the same in all of the games and... No multiplayer (would it not be awesome to just have 30 - 40 people in a dynamic Flight simulator style environment.
Quote from JO53PHS :They seem to have put much more effort in making interesting roads than they ever did in Euro Truck Sim... Better not have the diabolical ETS physics

Although there is probably a bigger market for the 18WoS games, because every American dreams of sitting down doing nothing all day

j/k

Haha.

Those video's look so awesome, with the ice and the cool small roads.
Quote from franky500 :i have always enjoyed the 18wheels series.. my only 2 issues are: Feels extremely arcadey and exactly the same in all of the games and... No multiplayer (would it not be awesome to just have 30 - 40 people in a dynamic Flight simulator style environment.

That would be so damn nice! Especially if you could interact with other people.
Sorry but whenever I think of truck games I think of this.
It looks nicely detailed tbh, dunno why but i still kinda prefer the older looking crisp graphics without all the bloom, hdr and blur crap
if this has online i think we should meet up and drift on ice
Can't you just tell an American wrote that :doh:
#13 - 5haz
I opened this thread expecting helpful advice. :doh:
If it's anything like ETS, I'm there!
If it's anything like ETS, I'm certainly not there
Terrible physics, terrible steering, boring road network. No thanks.
Quote from JO53PHS :If it's anything like ETS, I'm certainly not there
Terrible physics, terrible steering, boring road network. No thanks.

Agreed, but this sounds and looks better though, so I'm interested.
Quote from Weasley123 :Sorry but whenever I think of truck games I think of this.

+1

Actually I just noticed on looking at the Wiki page that there's a cop car on the box art. Yet the only AI the game featured is a comatose truck driver who sits on the start line. Yet another fail to add to the collection
I wonder if it models the more subtle truck driving experiences, like clueless dispatchers, trying to get rusty old trailer tandem axles to unlock so you can slide them to adjust the weight balance, cranking barely functional landing gears down to raise a heavy trailer up so you can back under it, doing the above on a muddy trailer lot while it's raining cats and dogs, unloading tens of thousands of pounds of cargo by yourself without even a hand truck, etc.
#20 - 5haz
And murdering prostitutes.
I hope it won't have Euro Truck "Simulator" physics. Physics like those in 18 WoS Across America would be much better IMO.
#23 - JJ72
eeeeh, should you lay the G25 down horizontally and rotate it with your palm???
#24 - 5haz
Or hopefully not Rigs of Rods style physics, where everything is made out of jelly.
This will be exactly the same as all the other 18WoS series. In other words: crap. I'll admit I enjoyed the first two games in the series well enough - a long time ago now - but seriously, they keep putting out "new" games every year but they're virtually all the same! They all have the same awful awful awful awful physics, the same boring boring boring boring environments, the same bugs,...

There isn't a trucking game out yet that has proper physics. Rig 'n' Roll - due out later this year in Russia and early next year in the rest of the world - looked interesting for a long time, but the more details are revealed of the game the more it looks to be just another arcade style truck racing game instead of a more sim-like trucking game. They claim that the physics are realistic but I don't know... I have my doubts. I'll probably download it once it comes out to see if it's any good, but I really wish someone would make a proper trucking sim. Yes, most people would find it boring as hell, but there's definitely a market for it, albeit a small one.

There's another trucking game in development - also in Russia, I believe -, called Headlight, and that looks to be a decent sim, but it's hard to find much info about it (unless maybe you speak Russian) and there's no way of telling how long it will be before it's released, if it even gets finished. Rig 'n' Roll has been in development for what, 7 years now?

I've been waiting for a proper trucking game like... forever! Scawen, get your ass in gear! Forget about the Scirocco, we want 18-wheelers!

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG