The online racing simulator
Just throwing this out there... I'd love to have Spa in my back yard.
Quote from AstroBoy :I think they should make it a street circuit that runs in front of houses just to piss those people off who complained.

Like it used to be?

Quote from 5haz :Like it used to be?

See the old residents are spa used to be cool what happened
They need to drink a cup of cement and harden up
How on earth are people complaining about this..... I would love to live near Spa. All the engines growling, and being able to see them just out of my window. Ahh.....
You wouldn't want to live right next to a race track, no matter how much of a car freak you are. I live within 100m of a major arterial road, and it often gets quite noisy just from ordinary traffic. The constant growls of racing engines would be extremely irritating.
Quote from DevilDare :How on earth are people complaining about this..... I would love to live near Spa. All the engines growling, and being able to see them just out of my window. Ahh.....

Well not really, there's so many trees you cant see anything until you are right at the circuit's entrance.
I'm sure the Tourism & Money section of their government will be pleased with the small minority of people who have just cost the country millions in revenue!
Quote from Lateralus :Did Spa change to a one-way derestricted toll road a la the Ring? Can the public drive on it?

You have heard of trackdays, right?

If you're interested in doing one, call up these tracks and ask what trackday clubs run there (listed in order of driving time):

- Lowe's Motor Speedway: 2 hours away (oval with infield roadcourse, as seen in iRacing)
- VIR: 3 hours away (also in iRacing, I LOVE this track , in real life and virtual)
- CMP: 3 hours away
- Road Atlanta: 4 hours away (also in iRacing)
- Roebling Road: 5.5 hours away
- Nashville Superspeedway: 5.5 hours away
- Atlanta Motor Speedway: 5.5 hours away
Quote from samjh :You wouldn't want to live right next to a race track, no matter how much of a car freak you are. I live within 100m of a major arterial road, and it often gets quite noisy just from ordinary traffic. The constant growls of racing engines would be extremely irritating.

Unlike a major road, racing circuits are not used constantly.

Also obviously depends on the cars racing, a droning 4 pot is never going to sound amazing (unless is a Ford Kent engine or BDA ), whereas theres a high chance a V12 or V16 will.

If I ran this country, I would permit loud engine noises so long as they are awesome in my own opinion.
Quote from 5haz :If I ran this country, I would permit loud engine noises so long as they are awesome in my own opinion.

If I ran this country there would be noise de-restricted zones for music concerts, big sporting venues, and other things that keep the population happy. Rather than trying to make everywhere a noiseless zone to keep the population happy.

I think i'd start with Milton Keynes, i'd take out some of the roundabouts and install bloody big speaker systems playing Pink Floyd 24 hours a day.
"We have gas heat, running water, electricity and a lot of guns."

Always very good to have a nice arsenal when staying in the US. You never know when a gunfight might break out. Or the zombie apocolypse.
And anyways, they knew that there was going to be noise at the near track, that track has been there forver and 3 seconds, so why moving there and then starting to complain?
NJMP was just opened in my home state last year (albeit 2.5 hours from me), and the locals are already complaining. The anti-NJMP web site has this ridiculous video showing gardens in this neighborhood with a chirping birds track over it. Then they fade out the birds and fade in a track-side or even on-board audio track. :rolleyes:

Drastic changes to Spa Francorchamp
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG