The online racing simulator
Quote :how do you interrupt a corner?

Mulsanne is a straight.
That would turn Spa into Monza but with bigger staights.

by cutting out those parts I think lap times would be close to 20 seconds shorter which would bring it to around 1.15 for a lap, which is very short.

In other words Fail.
Mulsanne was a corner, situated at the end of the Mulsanne Straight iirc
Quote from Shotglass :how do you interrupt a corner?

Oh come on, I would understand if you were a Frenchman
If he was a Frenchman he'd be talking about les Hunaudières.
i would say just no f1 anymore , just bring other nice classes there , the track is as save as hell, there is no way that you can hit the wall there with deatly speed. i saw allready a hell lot crashed cars including my daddy in that sector but everybody got safe out of the car. because its a damm nice/ safe track

just ban f1
Quote from deggis :Oh come on, I would understand if you were a Frenchman

you dont have to be french to know that the name of the straight is not mulsanne
Could it maybe get modded to include that as a shorter club circuit as well as the original? Because it looks a lot like a copy/paste of the home stretch of Suzuka (in top-down view at least).
Luc Willems, I love you.

(In a non-gay way.)
:smileyrai
Phewwwwwwwwwwwww
Good news for everyone sensible.

This pretty much leaves Mr Tilke as being the only one upset. But what does he know?
If only aston was a real track. That would be perfect for F1 and Westhill would. Or we could have the blackwood GP.
Having driven AS and Westhill with the F1.06 in OneGP I can tell you the Westhill is hell with the BF1 but Aston is really nice. We had races in 2 different aston layouts I believe and both were really good. Blackwood is too small, too narrow, just not F1-like.

But anyways, good to see they're keeping Spa as it is.
Quote from evilpimp :lackwood is too small, too narrow, just not F1-like.

Theoretically if it met the safety standards (I wonder how much of Appendix O can be applied in to LFS) and grew by only 200 metres it would be usable - the minimum length is 3.5km.
Quote from duke_toaster :Theoretically if it met the safety standards (I wonder how much of Appendix O can be applied in to LFS) and grew by only 200 metres it would be usable - the minimum length is 3.5km.

Lol but it would kill the charm of blackwood if they wanted to meet the safety standards. They would have to back up a coupe of walls and replace by like 5 million meters long sand things etc.
T1 would be very dangerous.

And if a car went wide and hit one of the red and white barriers in the chicane, then that would be a BIG crash
Quote from Shotglass :you dont have to be french to know that the name of the straight is not mulsanne

Indeed, but you have to have some kind of fixation to French language to whine about this everytime time and not to realise Mulsanne rings more bells than Route départementale D338
Knowing F1... to add the 200 metres to blackwood, they'd make 3 chicanes along the Blackwood BackStraight, a la Le Mans.
Quote from deggis :Indeed, but you have to have some kind of fixation to French language to whine about this everytime time and not to realise Mulsanne rings more bells than Route départementale D338

jesus... its called neither of these as part of the track
So correct everyone. It's all good saying "that's not right" but if you know better then share it.
Quote from Shotglass :jesus... its called neither of these as part of the track

"Jesus." Maybe that was a hint that I know a thing or two about the track including the magic H-word you've been wanting to hear. But looks like you still assume I don't know it so...

Drastic changes to Spa Francorchamp
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG