The online racing simulator
Scirroco S1 content or S2?
(30 posts, started )
Should the Scirroco be S1 content or S2?

With the amount of work thats gone into the Rocco, getting it right with new physics. Should Sca Vi Er be giving it away for just £12??

I really think the Scirroco should have been S2 content. What do you think?
-
(Fuse5) DELETED by Fuse5
Quote from anttt69 :What do you think?

I think they know the deal they made, the value of their work and what they want to show for a demo.
#3 - Fuse5
Quite a pointless question, isn't it?
It is their decision. That's it.
LFS didn't paid nothing.
VW didn't paid nothing.

The deal is to show it to all drivers who have paid for their license. It's fair IMO
#5 - VoiD
Who cares..?

Please stop those stupid posts and let the Devs do their work...
It's officially S1 content. It's fine. Shut up.
Quote from Fuse5 :Quite a pointless question, isn't it?
It is their decision. That's it.

It is not pointless to discuss your opinion on a subject irrelevant of whether you have a say or not.

Quote from VoiD :
Please stop those stupid posts and let the Devs do their work...

I am not stopping the Devs doing their work & dont call me stupid.

Quote from RasmusL :It's officially S1 content. It's fine. Shut up.

You shut up. Who the *** do you think you are? I have made a valid topic so you either have an opinion about it or not. Some people are so rude.
It's a pretty dumb question. The terms of their deal with VW most likely specified that it had to be available to all license holders, or something like that. VW is doing this for promotional purposes, after all.
I think that if someone completely new to LFS comes along because of the Scirocco, then "just" £12 is a small enough sum for them to buy the S1 license on a whim. So if the goal is to get new people hooked on LFS it might be a decent tactic.
#10 - VoiD
Quote from anttt69 :It is not pointless to discuss your opinion on a subject irrelevant of whether you have a say or not.

Fine:
Earth is flat and Darwin was wrong!

Quote from anttt69 :
I am not stopping the Devs doing their work & dont call me stupid.

Actually it was your post..but I´m not sure anymore...

Quote from anttt69 :
You shut up. Who the *** do you think you are? I have made a valid topic so you either have an opinion about it or not. Some people are so rude.

Indeed... Stop swearing...
Internet. Serious business.

IIRC, it was part of the agreement that if the VWS was allowed into the public release of LFS, it had to be available to everyone.
I have a better idea!

Replace the XFG with the Scirocco

More fun for demo racers
#13 - JJ72
That'd be too good to be free.

I actually think the XFG will be a very fun car with the new physics, it will be sort of a classic 106 type of car, more lively than the Roc and much more direct.
The cars are kind of grouped together by their speed. S1 has road cars and S2 has race cars. There are few exceptions, but those were probably added before the current plan. When you consider that it makes sense how Scirocco is a S1 car.
i think they will do what all businesses and drug dealers do.

Get you hooked ( i.e give them an xrt for free ) then, remove the subsistence... ( you need to pay to play with it ) then, you make your money by pushing them towards buying...

they Should do the same with the rocco, would be a tidy earner.
Quote from theirishnoob :
they Should do the same with the rocco, would be a tidy earner.

...And then happens what happened with XRT: They keep playing older patch, only because it has a car newer patches don't have...
they can and by all means BUT there is few ( if not many ) who want the updated physics, and such other content.... besides, you'd get bored after a while
thread/
Quote from Gekkibi :...And then happens what happened with XRT: They keep playing older patch, only because it has a car newer patches don't have...

++

i've considered the possibility of not being able to unlock previous versions, but that would prevent certain mods from being usable unless they were upgraded to z.

the best they can do now is not move any more cars between license levels.
OT

what happens to you guys? Maybe this could be a dumb topic for some of you, but you can hit the "back" button...you know.....it's something looking like an arrow, you can find it in the upper left side of the browser.....flaming in the lfs forum became such a way of life...

IT

Scirocco with S1 is fine for me, new track with S3 is fine too, even if i expected it was for S2.
Quote from nWAnDr3w :OT

what happens to you guys? Maybe this could be a dumb topic for some of you, but you can hit the "back" button...you know.....it's something looking like an arrow, you can find it in the upper left side of the browser.....flaming in the lfs forum became such a way of life...

IT

Scirocco with S1 is fine for me, new track with S3 is fine too, even if i expected it was for S2.

this isnt flaming, now go make some Spicy meatballs and ill teach you.
don't feed the noob...
VW Better stays s1 content, otherwise I'll get heartbroken!
As much ive heard, it will be S1 content. S2 contect has FZR and some of those, GTR cars and the formula cars. S1 stands more likely for road cars +scirocco
Good. or you'll have to buy me a license as I ain't got cash.

And I couldn't afford super-glue either if my heart would get broken into the tiniest pieces again and needed glueing it all back together

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG