The online racing simulator
Quote from kamkorPL :

p.s.: Jakg, I guess you're right. But well, that's devs lose. They achieved something very hard to achieve, realistic oversteer physics. It's their choice to put it down to waste.

yep it really does suck, bar far the best drifting sim made (cant think of any other game that gets near to having realistic oversteer physics) and there is no support for us, even cruising gets more notice from the devs
Quote from kamkorPL :Sure. Allow only tire pressures change in street cars. Make lfs even more boring. Limit the possibilites of having fun in lfs.

Lose the drift fanbase that gives quite a bit of $$$.

Because it's so much better to limit possibilites than to add new.

Because it's just so wrong to add more setup options (like steering lock, tracking, caster etc) and add an option to force stock setup for those who want to do "track days" in lfs, insteed of in real life.

p.s.: Jakg, I guess you're right. But well, that's devs lose. They achieved something very hard to achieve, realistic oversteer physics. It's their choice to put it down to waste.

They won't lose money, people aren't going to sell the game just because he doesn't increase the lock, and the demo drifters are more likely gonna buy the game so they can have more than 1 car and 1 track.

Also, they're not putting their game to waste just because they aren't increasing the steering lock - I don't see how you can possibly come to that conclusion?
I would appreciate if you could try reading my posts without fanboy glasses on.

"Lose the drift fanbase that gives quite a bit of $$$" was in context of limiting street cars setup options in reply to frokki.

And they are putting down to waste the hidden potential that game has. The drifting potential that live for speed has. If you actually did drift in real life, you would probably understand how close lfs physics are.

Anyway, I'm done convicing lfs "purists" fanboys. I believe the devs have already noticed the case. The fact that this thread has over 20k views speaks for itself.
Maybe if you used quotes in your posts I would be able to understand the context a bit better.

I also hate the way you call me a fanboy, just because I disagree with a few of the things you say? LFS isn't perfect, and there are many many bugs - quite a few of which I've posted about on this forum before, so in no way an I a fanboy.

What I don't like about what your saying, is that your making it out as if drifting is impossible with 36 degrees of lock. The hidden potential of the oversteer physics isn't being wasted at all, its just increasing more lock will make it different.

As I said, I used to be a drifter, and I'd love more lock on the cars to have more fun with, but Scawen doesn't usually change things as the community request them, he's said before that its his and the other developers game, not the communities.

I think if you see me as a fanboy, then all you are seeing is just me being in doubt that he would actually change a simple thing like this.
Quote from kamkorPL :...

I have to agree with kamkorPL. One of the huge advantage of LFS are the setup options. The possibility to create car which behaves in a way a anybody likes, or to create a car which tries to replicate a real-life one, or to simply learn the basics of vehicle dynamics is really great in LFS. What I would like Scawen to make is something like this:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1183373#post1183373
(yeah i know, it was wrong topic ). If he will implement such a feature in the future, i would like him to add a little more options to the setup department. In such a way, both camps would be satisfied . Btw. I'm not a drifter ... i just love to play with setups .
It's easier to change the lock in real car than change all suspension settings, gear ratio, and camber settings.
caster, max lock, and wheels track are easier to change in real car without big modifications, than all suspension and gearbox settings. That's why I think this is so hypocritical.
#532 - Dmt
Here we go again!
Uhhhhh.... You can't drift with what you have now?
Quote from runeman :Uhhhhh.... You can't drift with what you have now?

you can race with the cars, tracks and physics we have now but let me guess you would love to have more of it?

adding more lock would take crap all time and effect drifting in LFS heaps
Quote from masternick :you can race with the cars, tracks and physics we have now but let me guess you would love to have more of it?

adding more lock would take crap all time and effect drifting in LFS heaps

I was implying that I could drift just fine with them.
Quote from runeman :I was implying that I could drift just fine with them.

We can drift just fine with how it is now; that has already been established more than once during this thread. Now read this:

Quote from kamkorPL :I'm going to write it for the 100th time just for you.

We don't drive stock xrts.

We have xrts with extreme suspension mods. Springs, dampers, rollbars, toe, camber, you name it. We can put extreme brakes in etc.

We can even adjust gear ratios by 0.001.

So there's no reason to have back the settings for - steering lock, tracking and caster.

And ofcourse it would be a real pity if all setup options dissapeared from xrt, fz5, fxo etc. Because then street cars would become utterly boring to drive and would handle like shit.

It's just - we can do extreme race setup for xrt. Why not let us do drift setup too. Why not also implement feature that forces people to race on stock setup.

And increasing steering lock to 45 degreese isn't extreme at all. It's an easy and most of all cheaper mod than buying adjustable suspension or getting super strong brakes. Having a steering lock like on that vid would be extreme. But so are other xrt setup options..

OMG SO EXTREME!

Lots of drifters I know have custom/ modded steering knuckles for more angle. it allows you to keep a crazier drift. No suspension mod can allow you to keep and hold a 80* - 90* angle consistently.
I think mod can lock this thread. LFS might be the best car sim ever, but weird policy of developers and strange part of community are holding progress up.

Ok, and now happy aguring >_>
I think that it would be more useful to get rid of the soap tires than get max lock to xrt.

Im not saying that a bit more lock wouldn't be better tho, but with more lock you'd almost have to tweak your suspension settings, because xrt doesnt have enough power to keep going with huge angles
Quote from Sm0k3 :Im not saying that a bit more lock wouldn't be better tho, but with more lock you'd almost have to tweak your suspension settings, because xrt doesnt have enough power to keep going with huge angles

Having tried the XRT with 45° and even 70° I can confirm that it doesn't have enough juice, 800 horsies are about right with 70°.

70° looks quite silly though
Attached images
lock.jpg
perhaps you could post a vid of your experiment to end this discussion once and for all.
#542 - Woz
It is a moot point if you can change the max lock with a "few parts".

1) Scawen has said if you find a normal car with big lock he might change. That was years back and nothing changed which implies no person has yet found a car with uber lock!

2) When tire body rub gets implemented then this might get relaxed because people will not be able to use uber dropped massive lock cars without issues. There is only a set amount of space in the wheel arches unless you expand the arches out and mount the wheels further apart to allow for it!

3) All the bitching about other setup options will also probably become less of an issue VERY soon. When the VW comes you might find other cars have more limited setup options as well (All I am saying on that as what I know there is hazy as well)
Quote from Woz :It is a moot point if you can change the max lock with a "few parts".

1) Scawen has said if you find a normal car with big lock he might change. That was years back and nothing changed which implies no person has yet found a car with uber lock!

Stock Toyota Supra 40+
Quote from Macist :Stock Toyota Supra 40+

care to post a link with the specifications?
#545 - Woz
Quote from Macist :Stock Toyota Supra 40+

Is that 40 full lock to lock as that is only 20 one side. Post specs!
if this is actually gonna become a reality i think racers will benefit as well....think about it in servers theres always grip/drifters driving together...if there is more lock there's less chance of the drifter spinning off and causing a crash. good idea in my opinion!
Quote from J03130 :think about it in servers theres always grip/drifters driving together...

Err...no.
Quote from J03130 :if this is actually gonna become a reality i think racers will benefit as well....think about it in servers theres always grip/drifters driving together...if there is more lock there's less chance of the drifter spinning off and causing a crash. good idea in my opinion!

Very, very rarely happens that drifters and racers are driving together. If they are, dodging spinning drivers (not necessarily drifters) is half the fun!
Maybe we can also have a button we can hit to go into DrIfT mOdE ooohhhh. Lol
There are only two sort of racers on a race server: Good racers and not-so-good racers. Doing a turn a'la drift has nothing to do with racing: You lose too much time because your exit speed is slower and you cause hazards by using bizarre driving lines.

Only time I saw both racers and drifters together at the same time was on a demo server... And that didn't had anything to do with racing.

Drift Max. Lock
(624 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG