The online racing simulator
New Logitech wheel coming out in october!
Some of you may have seen this already, but in October, Logitech are releasing a new wheel -

http://www.logitech.com/index. ... N,contentid=12020,crid=34

Looks good, but importantly is the advertising:-

"The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel is compatible with current racing titles, such as rFactor™ and Live for Speed, as well as several other PC racing titles currently in development. "

Nice to see that Logitech have recognised the importance of LFS as one of its main supporters/custom base.

Just goes to show that a good game/simulator advertises itself.

Note to Devs - Save your money by letting everyone else do the advertising for you Nice strategy
looks like this will be a pretty nice premium wheel -- unfortunately, it comes with a premium price tag as well ...

and it's really pretty interesting that they name rfactor and lfs but no other racing sim
There's 3215105 threads about this already. :doh:
Quote from Matrixi :There's 3215105 threads about this already. :doh:

Only 3215105? I am sure I counted 3215107

Dan,
I would love to comment but i'm under legal constaint. It looks good though, I think I can say that.
#6 - mr_x
it's perfectly timed for a release, i am going into a full time job next month, meaning i'll have money! certainly going to buy myself one as my Momo is getting slightly worn out now!
October seems so far away now Should be a nice step up from my DFP.
#8 - Fetzo
/me needs more buttons on the wheel 8]

looks very nice though.
As I said in the "other" thread, looks good but not perfect.
Quote from Becky Rose :I would love to comment but i'm under legal constaint. It looks good though, I think I can say that.

So, should I talk to you about helping me and my team to get Logitech to become a true sponsor (like other companies have) and giving our members these things for free, or have you just sued them for selling you a crappy DFP?
GO TO HARDWARE -> WHEELS FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace.
Quote :So, should I talk to you about helping me and my team to get Logitech to become a true sponsor (like other companies have) and giving our members these things for free, or have you just sued them for selling you a crappy DFP?

I couldn't comment.

I use a Microsoft Sidewinder FF Pro Wheel currently, but I would certainly accept one of these if it came my way !
Quote from spankmeyer :GO TO HARDWARE -> WHEELS FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace.

You forgot the ones
Story continues...
!!!!!!!1111§§§oneoneone§§

I even underlined it for everybody's nuisance.

This wheel looks nice, shifter looks awesome, price is [ censored ] but I would like one of these for sure.
LOL spanky. Suggest decaf doubleplusquick
LOL @ Spankmeyer too... Much better, thanks for fixing that!

I think I will be getting that wheel. I like it. Can't wait for October to roll around for that, who knows what else we'll have in LFS by then...
Form the looks of it I don’t think the cost is unreasonable, assuming it works well of course. The next step up to the ECCI is a big one into the $1000+ range, and that is currently without force feedback. I am hoping they change that because I simply have to have one of those on my desk! Considering I can easily drop $600 on a video card, $1200 if I go insane with SLI, $300 for the Logitech seems pretty insignificant. My Momo still works great provided I drive barefooted so I can feel the light pedal action more. Its gears are a bit notchy though when the FF is turned up.

Has anyone read anything about the pedal design of the new Logitech? It looks like they may have spings and/or dampeners in a piston configuration under each pedal. Duno.

Hurry up October!
damn nice price.. er.. NOT

lol its a tad bit overpriced imo, but ... the stuff it comes with sure does sound fantastic
900 degrees..
gated shifter (reverse goes down.. niiiiice)
clutch .. already there

one thing im not to sure about that picture though is.. the lack of buttons lol i cant survive without my momo's buttons.. i actually want more (dials too) .. wanna have an F1 wheel that comes with a 50 page manual for all the buttons lol
Yeah the price to me seems only slightly high, but not really. There's nothing else you need in a wheel (except apparantly buttons.....) - full rotation, dual motors (which would give you effects while it's under load - a big step up!) gated shifter, clutch... What else do you need? Considering the cost of the ACT Labs shift in combo with a Momo or similar, it's not far off at all I don't think. I will definitely get one. I want it NOW THOUGH NOW NOWNOW !!11one1!!
erm.. ahem... right then. Pardon that.
The price is perfect for what you get.

it has everything the bigger names have, maybe compromised a bit by materials, but that doesnt make it any worse, specially comparing prices, the logi wheel is a LOT cheaper.
it's a bargain for what you get. Logitech is great at putting out high quality mass production pieces for a damn good deal. Perfect for people like me who are not rich, but want some decent hardware to play around with.
I know I will probably be ordering it the first chance I get. And if it is limited edition then later on I will be able to sell it and make back most of my investment(although right now I can't think of any reason I would want to sell it)
yeah i think i'm gonna buy this as soon as it comes out as well we... at least within 2weeks of it coming out
Quote from RMachucaA :The price is perfect for what you get.

We don't know it yet, let's wait and see if it is worth the money.
I hope it is as good as MOMO force ( red one ) at minimum.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG