The online racing simulator
New movie: Go go!
(42 posts, started )
I dont see nothing special effects in the video only scenes cut to music. It wouldnt have took 2 hours imo
Quote from Kristi :I dont see nothing special effects in the video only scenes cut to music. It wouldnt have took 2 hours imo

I'm surprised it only took 2 hours tbh, you have to think of matching the scenes properly also. It isn't all about effects and music in movies.

There's at least 4 effects in the first 15-18 seconds, then some in different transistions throughout the video, then a few at the end to end the movie. Sure they were not amazing effects, but I'd rather have it that way then have ridiculous effects going on every 3 seconds so we can't see what's going on.

I see it as an intro, and a great one at that.
i see special effects at 0:08, 10, 12, 15, 18, 19, 23, 26, 31, 38, 40, 40, 41, 41, 42, 43, 43, 44, 45
(well not sure at all of them but i would say its a effect and not a "camera mod". seconds counted double are simply two effects in one second

btw anyone else seen the mistake at 0:37 (the engeine or whatever is seen in the fox :shy
Quote from John5200 :i see special effects at 0:08, 10, 12, 15, 18, 19, 23, 26, 31, 38, 40, 40, 41, 41, 42, 43, 43, 44, 45
(well not sure at all of them but i would say its a effect and not a "camera mod". seconds counted double are simply two effects in one second

btw anyone else seen the mistake at 0:37 (the engeine or whatever is seen in the fox :shy

Oh snap! I didn't see that myself until you pointed it out. I used the same camera on a fox scene earlier in that vid which shows the same mistake, but since that fox is having a darker skin it's not that easy to spot.

Jeez, alrighty..
bah i thought thats part of the skin when i watched that.... hard to see if the clip is less then a half second (?) long
Quote from Kristi :I dont see nothing special effects in the video only scenes cut to music. It wouldnt have took 2 hours imo

And that's exactly this video is pretty much inpeckable, and yours contains some heavy problems... no offence, but don't try to judge the time and effort put into this vid until you get to the same level. I could go to your thread and pick the vid apart, and we both know that it's not going to be gentle
Me at 0:24
Omg i love the moment on 0.24 sec! Like "get out of my way boy!"
Quote from John5200 :i see special effects at 0:08, 10, 12, 15, 18, 19, 23, 26, 31, 38, 40, 40, 41, 41, 42, 43, 43, 44, 45

From 38 - 45 are flash scenes... You can set vegas up to do those automatically when you blend. This is why Vegas and Adobe list transitions and effects in different tabs.

I might post the effects overlay page from a video up in squidhead's tutorial when I get my PC back...
Quote from BigTime :From 38 - 45 are flash scenes... You can set vegas up to do those automatically when you blend. This is why Vegas and Adobe list transitions and effects in different tabs.

I might post the effects overlay page from a video up in squidhead's tutorial when I get my PC back...

That's correct, the flashes I used is a transition. I thought about the effects in the vid and one of the biggest reasons to why there are so few in this one is that I found it very hard to implement effects that would be visible for such a short amount of time (bearing in mind that the clips are so short) and still look good. So, when I couldn't come up with anything I decided to leave it be instead of implementing effects just to, well.. basically just to have them there.

I have another project which I've been working on for the past 2-3 months and it's far away from being done. Hopefully that vid will suit those who likes special effects because there are a few in that one. :P
its still a effect
Quote from John5200 :its still a effect

"This is why Vegas and Adobe list transitions and effects in different tabs."

There isn't anything wrong with that, but it does tie into the "time it takes to make a video" debate.
(and even if you give your video editor just the vid and its is doing all effects automaticly IMO that are still effects)

I just answerd that

Quote :I dont see nothing special effects in the video only scenes cut to music.

so i pointed out all the points where i see the vid is different from the original clips
Alrighty, maybe I shouldn't release vids with simple effects anymore. :P
Quote from [SWE]RE :Alrighty, maybe I shouldn't release vids with simple effects anymore. :P

No it's fine, and it turned out good. As I said in the other two post I made, there is nothing wrong with doing it that way... Hell I use them from time to time. John just doesn't understand that I brought that up in reference to the time debate.

Quote :(and even if you give your video editor just the vid and its is doing all effects automaticly IMO that are still effects)

Your opinion is noted, but every piece of video editing software I've ever used lists them in different panels... For a reason.

Transitions - occur from the start of a clip and end at a specified frame. They also typically are used to blend two different clips together, if they have an overlap... At least by default that's typically how it works.

Effects - have specified start and end frames. They also typically have more parameters.

If you don't think that's a big deal on the time it takes to make a video, well then you just need to go make one. Using a 2 piece transition, compared to a 2 piece effect, saves you about half the time, maybe a little less.

Quote from John5200 :its still a effect

No, it's a transition according to Sony and Adobe... We don't call pan/crop movements effects ether...

If we keep this debate going ImPulse, you're going to have to start paying us for bumping...
Final Cut on OS X has an "Effects" bin which has then subbins under it. There's Video Filters, Video Generators, Video Transitions, Audio Transitions, and Audio Filters.

Pretty easy there imho. :P

And I +1 the paying per bump. :P

New movie: Go go!
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG