The online racing simulator
How do I get Xfire to pick up LFS? PLease help
PLease help me.

Cheers,
Matthew
It should automatically detect it on startup, if not, go to options>games> and scroll down to where it says "not installed" double click that black arrow and find Live for Speed. Click on it and on the right, manually find where your LiveForSpeed.exe is located. Done!
Quote from Ghfrirfk :How do I get Xfire to pick up LFS?

PLease help me.

Cheers,
Matthew

Hummm... Why would you?
#4 - G!NhO
also make sure you have downloaded the latest version of xfire, if not just download it from the site
Xfire window > tools > options > games tab. It'll detect installed games. If LFS doesn't show up, find LFS in the "not installed" tab in the list of games and click browse and find the EXE. Pretty simple.
is it allowed to have xfire as signature on this forum???
No.
It shouldn't auto detect it because its not installed. You will have to find it yourself. But, I rarely ever had Xfire up when I played LFS because when someone talks to me my xfire minimizes and my gas would go full throttle and I would crash.
Quote from scoobyrbac :It shouldn't auto detect it because its not installed. You will have to find it yourself. But, I rarely ever had Xfire up when I played LFS because when someone talks to me my xfire minimizes and my gas would go full throttle and I would crash.

Exactly, LfS doesn't have an install/uninstall routine or writes in the registry, how should Windows (and therefore XFire) know it's there?
It auto recognised it for me. I think it just looks up for the EXE in the recently used thingy or something.
Tools > Options > Games tab.

It should be in the Installed Games list already. If it's not...

Scroll down the Not Installed list until you get to LFS. Then check the Manual Setup radio button and point it to LFS.exe

Simple.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It auto recognised it for me. I think it just looks up for the EXE in the recently used thingy or something.

If it looked for the .exe extension do you know how many .exe files I have that would be picked up by Xfire?
I have a rough idea.. but as I said it detected it anyway.

And it's not that hard if you think about it..

It has a list of supported games and it knows their relevant .exe file. So when it is "detecting installed games" it's looking for these .exe files that are related to the games it supports. When it finds them it automatically adds them for you.

If you add edfhejshfjkedbfjkberjbfkrjbgueribkrf g.exe you may get the time played but you definatly wouldn't get the overlay features and stuff.
how do you record video of LFS with xfire? or more to the point what should i set the video record binding to?
scroll lock and v (the standard setting) just changes the view

edit: think i need to find the .exe file for LFS but i'm struggling where is the pesky thing?
i got my LFS working in xfire by putting LFS into
C:\games\Live for Speed\ like the Screenshot is saying
And it detects automatically.
Attached images
lfs_xfire.jpeg
when i extract LFS_S2_ALPHA_Z it only gives me 2 folders, data and docs. 2 wordpad files, cfg and README. and 2 icons LFS and LFS_restart

edit: now its showing on my friends xfire when i play LFS but it doesn't come on ingame connected to xfire, video don't work either
lfs "icon" is lfs.exe :wow:
Quote from scoobyrbac :If it looked for the .exe extension do you know how many .exe files I have that would be picked up by Xfire?

actually if its in the default xfire direcotry it will find it
so how do you record video then
scroll lock V i think
and SL b for live show
i have used xfire for a while, around a year, it works with all my other games, Trackmania, Grid, Battlefield 2, Crysis, Cod4 etc but i can't get it to work with LFS.
it now shows as a detected game on my xfire and i can even launch the game from xfire. the problem is it does not show the box in the bottom right when i launch it saying

"xfire ingame enabled: online"

and when i try to record a video it doesn't work, i've even set the key binding for record video to s and x (i'm using a wheel so those buttons are set as unused for gear up/down)
I keep hearing about this Xfire thing but I have no idea what it is. From what I heard from a friend of mine it's something like uhm... a sort of MSN where you add friends and then you can see what games they're playing and join them and whatnot? And you can start a server to be able to talk to one another etc? I honestly don't see how that is so useful but that's probably just me, as I hardly play any games other than race sims Unless there's some awesome feature that I don't know about
That's more or less it. It tracks the time you've spent playing each of the games. The most useful feature is that it lets you chat in-game to friends playing other games without having to minimise. I first got it when I still played Everquest so I could chat to my little brother while he was playing whatever he was playing.

It has other features for some games, like favourite server and stats-tracking. And the one-click join thing can be useful when it works.

I've only ever used it to screen cap, never videos so I can't give any advice on that one. But yes, if you haven't installed a game to the default location, you need to point Xfire at the relevant folder. I switch my detected LFS from the live version to the latest test patch when one becomes available
its working now

i use xfire mainly to see what my online friends are up to, what their playing/doing. i prefer playing online with a pal or 2 it adds to the fun. i'm also a member of the Race Driver Grid private group on the Codemasters forum and we use xfire to get away from the hackers/crashers so i can usually get a clean race when i want.

How do I get Xfire to pick up LFS? PLease help
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG