The online racing simulator
LFS - The BF1!
(16 posts, started )
LFS - The BF1!
Been a while since i made last video.
I got bored this nigth and i made a video about this amazing car: BF1.
I didn't spend too much time on this, about 1 or 1,5 hours.
Please tell what i can impoove in and what i've done good, so i can make a better video next time.

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBeMMME8Aw
Quite liked the first bit, some of the camera angles weren't so good, like at the AS Eau Rouge the camera could have been closer. The music was quite good but i think you should of focused more on slow moving, watching the wheels go up and down etc. Then when the music goes a bit faster use some high speed bits but its all about camera angle to make it look impressive and get a sense of speed. Driving could have been better

Your definately getting better though
Not enough camera smoothing
Car goes though camera
No logical beginning of the movie, it just starts as if I started watching it from the middle.
at one point we see the car going wide and into the grass... TWICE, from same angle.
If you're going to overlay engine sounds in a movie - overlay at least more than once
There is also no real ending to the movie. It just fades to black
Quote from squidhead :
at one point we see the car going wide and into the grass... TWICE, from same angle.

Accident
It's just too... ordinary. A car that drives around a track in lfs? Like we've never seen that before. We want action! Crashes, flying cars, mayhem you name it.
And guys, thanks for commenting but what should i make for my next video?
Quality tune matey! Fancy a project?
Quote from aroX123 :Meh, i'm sick of my crashing videos.

I didn't mean your crashes. I ment from various leagues for example.
Quote from lfsn00b :also if you're going to advertise the bmw sauber, i'd expect to see a bmw skin used atleast once.

^ what she said.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :A car that drives around a track in lfs? Like we've never seen that before.

Totally untrue, if im honest. If you'd do good editing, with syncing, and good camerawork, and effects, a proper lap would look stunningly good, even in hotlapping mode. Proof? In my movie H2H vol:5, the point to which everyone returns and watches a few times over is Nolan Scott hotlapping the cars (info - Youtube insight)
Quote from squidhead :Totally untrue, if im honest. If you'd do good editing, with syncing, and good camerawork, and effects, a proper lap would look stunningly good, even in hotlapping mode. Proof? In my movie H2H vol:5, the point to which everyone returns and watches a few times over is Nolan Scott hotlapping the cars (info - Youtube insight)

You cant really compare arox clip (no offence buddy) and the lonely car driving in your H2H vol 5 video. I watched it in your videos and yes I enjoyed it because it's a part of a "bigger picture" not just a car driving. That hotlapping by Nolan had a bigger purpose in the end.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :You cant really compare arox clip (no offence buddy) and the lonely car driving in your H2H vol 5 video. I watched it in your videos and yes I enjoyed it because it's a part of a "bigger picture" not just a car driving. That hotlapping by Nolan had a bigger purpose in the end.

Well... damn... if you look at it that way, I mean, giving it a sense of purpose probably works better than just editing and flashy effects. Maybe you're right
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :You cant really compare arox clip (no offence buddy) and the lonely car driving in your H2H vol 5 video. I watched it in your videos and yes I enjoyed it because it's a part of a "bigger picture" not just a car driving. That hotlapping by Nolan had a bigger purpose in the end.

It's just like the 2700 video I did. As long as you drive well, have a great sound track, and make the video interesting via editing, any lap can be enjoyable.

Like you said though, anytime you add a purpose to something, it's going to interest the audience just that much more. If LFS were to have a big update, you can bank it would give me the purpose and drive to make a bunch of new videos. That's one of the main reasons my video productions are kinda running dry these days.
Quote from BigTime :That's one of the main reasons my video productions are kinda running dry these days.

You could try a plot driven video

LFS - The BF1!
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG