The online racing simulator
AutoMessage Redux
(17 posts, started )
AutoMessage Redux
AutoMessage is a LFS InSim program which sends chat messages based on various events which happen in the game, such as players connecting, races starting and ending, or when certain words are typed in the chat. It's both useful and extrodinarily annoying at the same time.

Installation

The program is provided in its original Python format. To run it you will first of all need to install the following dependencies.Note: If in doubt download Python 2.6.1 Windows Installer and wxPython 2.8.9.2 win32-unicode for Python 2.6 binaries, otherwise you will need to choose the options best suited for your computer. Install Python first and then wxPython second.

To start the program under Windows double-click the file automessage.pyw. I do plan to release a standalone version at some point, but probably not until it is out of beta.

Change Log

- 0.1 BETA: First release.
- 0.2 BETA: Code rewrite, improved GUI, anti-spam, keywords and LFS launch.

Thanks

This program is based upon the original LFS:AutoMessage written by CrazyICE, which no longer works under InSim 4. The original design is his, but this implementation, as well as other modifications, are the work of me, myself and I.
Attached images
automessage.gif
Attached files
automessage_0.2.1.zip - 57.3 KB - 267 views
LFSRelax has this and more, we don't use a standalone AutoMessage any more (at least I don't)
Then use LFSRelax...

I wrote this for me, if you wanna use it then use it, if you don't then don't.
Great one, DarkTimes! Look forward to using it!
Hello,

Most AddOn exist better is! Continue your good Job

Gai-Luron
hi...nice work...
so AutoMessage will survive
Help!
I cant get it to work =/ When i open auto...PYW did ther come a pou-up cmd box and then did i close 1 sec after =/ anyone help?
Nice nice nice, i have been waiting for something like this to get updated, just a simple auto-message program. Great work.
-
(MariusMM) DELETED by MariusMM
lol. It is a very useful program, as long as only one person is using it lol. You an Nips both saying "Swearing is kickable" and then Me and Pipa saying "Grrr" when someone swears was funny though annoying.
Thanks for the kind words. I will work more on this I guess, I didn't bother before as no one seemed interested.

Quote from mat6681 :I cant get it to work =/ When i open auto...PYW did ther come a pou-up cmd box and then did i close 1 sec after =/ anyone help?

Open the cmd line, go to the folder where the program is installed, and start it with the command "python automessage.py". Now the cmd box will stay open so you should be able to read a message about the error which has occurred. I made a mistake with the error reporting, which I will fix in a future version.
-
Yes that's the plan.
I have uploaded version 0.2 to the first post. A summery of changes:

Changes since 0.1:
  • Completely rewritten and improved code-base.
  • Improved GUI, with new icons and dialog boxes.
  • Added support for keywords, such as {host}, {player} and {user}.
  • Added message interval setting in InSim options, which attempts to reduce spam.
  • Now launches and connects to LFS automatically (optional).
I plan to add more keywords and features in future versions, but in the mean time please report any bugs or issues here.
Uploaded version 0.2.1 with two small bug fixes.

Changes since 0.2:
  • Fixed bug in wxPython version check
  • Fixed bug where connection list would be requested twice
  • Fixed bug with Race end message.
-
can't get it to work
when i click on the icon, nothing happens, i installed all the programs...

Maybe it's because i'm on windows 7...
Please run the program from the command line and report any Python error message which appears.

Open the command line, change directory to the folder where AutoMessage resides, and start it with the following command:

python automessage.pyw

-
Quote from DarkTimes :Please run the program from the command line and report any Python error message which appears.

Open the command line, change directory to the folder where AutoMessage resides, and start it with the following command:

python automessage.pyw

WooT... Im a Computer noob... Can any1 please make a pic or video??
PLEASE!!!!!!!

AutoMessage Redux
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG