The online racing simulator
#1 - KBDE
Oh nooooooo, damn Logitech MOMO
Hi all,

Today i recieved my full LFS License !!
Great, i already could not wait to play the full version after i ordered it. Ok, lets plugin the steering wheel, start the game and unlock....

Hey wait a minute, why aren't the leds lighted, and why doesn't it calibrate itself... hmm... restart pc... nope, other usb port... nope. other pc, NOPE!!

F*CK, thats the luck i have, just got the full licence and now my logitech MOMO is dead as a dodo.

Somebody had this before? Anything i can do to fix it? Currently windows doesn't even detect it anymore.... After turning the steering wheel it does however go VERY slowly to the left, after which it then just stops after a few degrees.

The Power adapter seems to be ok, still outputting 24V.

Guess i have to RMA the thing, but since that is going trough the online shop where i bought the damn thing it probably is going to take a while.

Damnit, it was almost new, rev.B and now i probably get a old crappy refurbisched and stinky steering wheel

DAMNIT
#2 - axus
Quote from KBDE :Hi all,

Today i recieved my full LFS License !!
Great, i already could not wait to play the full version after i ordered it. Ok, lets plugin the steering wheel, start the game and unlock....

Hey wait a minute, why aren't the leds lighted, and why doesn't it calibrate itself... hmm... restart pc... nope, other usb port... nope. other pc, NOPE!!

F*CK, thats the luck i have, just got the full licence and now my logitech MOMO is dead as a dodo.

Somebody had this before? Anything i can do to fix it? Currently windows doesn't even detect it anymore.... After turning the steering wheel it does however go VERY slowly to the left, after which it then just stops after a few degrees.

The Power adapter seems to be ok, still outputting 24V.

Guess i have to RMA the thing, but since that is going trough the online shop where i bought the damn thing it probably is going to take a while.

Damnit, it was almost new, rev.B and now i probably get a old crappy refurbisched and stinky steering wheel

DAMNIT

Sorry to hear that. Not under waranty or anything? Where did you get it?
Order that new Logitech!
Quote from KBDE :and now my logitech MOMO is dead as a dodo

I love your rhymes

(sorry for all the off-topic posts lately)
Some folks have been rough with the AC in on the wheel. Trying gently moving the cord around where it plugs into the wheel and see if you can "make a connection". If so, a soldiering iron will do you well.

Good luck.
I get the same thing every once in a while with my DFP but after about 10 minutes it mysteriously starts calibrating itself.
A friend had this exact thing happen to them.. working fine one day, then unplugged it and brought it round to the Team Racing room, plugged it back in and nothing. Took the whole thing apart and checked cables and all sorts.. power was fine on another Momo, so something internally had broke, but nothing obvious.

Only thing we could do was find the receipt and swap it back at the shop where he bought it. Which is the only useful thing of not buying online..

Sorry 'bout yer luck tho..
What I'd do is phone Logitech directly and explain to them that its broke beyond reasonable repair, and they'll send you a new one out (probably). I've had problems with 2 DFP's - on one the pedals developed their infamous problem, and on the other it would loose its center point, on both occations they sent me a new wheel.
oo, i have Wingman formula GP wheel and the problem is, that it loses it center point. When in options i press on "X" (at controls page) then that dot goes to center, but when i go driving and turn wheel and so on and then i put my wheel into center, then the dot is not in center, SO it turn left or right. Lol im not very good at long english sentences but i hope you understand

aa btw, by driving other games with wheel (like toca) then i dont notice that thing very much, but LFS is like very sensitive in these things... That wheel is few years old though...should buy new one again someday..
#10 - KBDE
After carefully opening the steering wheel i noticed that the transistor close to the diodes (where the motor cable is attached) gets VERY HOT (after the wheel starts moving very slowly to the left.)

It probably is fixable. But since i have warranty i am not going to try to repair the thing.

But i am 100% possitive that if the PCB is replaced altogether the wheel works again. But if i contact logitech and explain that this is the problem the warranty will be gone anyway cause i opened the steering wheel :P So i better not going to do that.

Anyway, I've contacted the shop where i bought the wheel, but so far no answer etc. Hopefully it doesn't take to long for them to replace the wheel.

Fact is that of all the wheels i looked at or tried myself the MOMO is still the best for a reasonable budget.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG