The online racing simulator
I think they said that the times were invalid if the rewind is used.
Times uploaded without rewind will always place higher in the leaderboards than those using rewind, regardless of laptime.

As for the rubberbanding, its terrible in GT5p, I can understand why its there, but to hobble a quick driver because the rest are slow is crazy.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Blah, you're kidding right? (haven't played GT5p online).. And i never said GT5 is the greatest either..

No, i'm not kidding. There's a thread with endless pages of people complaining about it on gtplanet.net.
Quote from jibber :No, i'm not kidding. There's a thread with endless pages of people complaining about it on gtplanet.net.

That sounds too stupid, how does it work anyway?
cant wait to git this game
V8 supercars confirmed in FM3

8 cars, 4 Falcons and 4 Commodores, all fully paintable and tunable.

No V8 specific tracks announced......as yet.........
Attached images
forza-motorsport-3-20090901085956561.jpg
forza-motorsport-3-20090901085958702.jpg
Sorry for the DP.

New Viper pics
Attached images
FM3_99viper_1.jpg
FM3_99viper_3.jpg
V8 Supercars!! Sweet i am slightly more interested in this now.
Seeing as Ford own Volvo..........
Is it me, or is the width of the 'Ring here completely inacurate?
Attached images
forza3ring.jpg
Definitely looks a bit tight in there.
Looks a little wide to me (assuming that's the corner at the pit exit).
But it's a very wide camera angle, so it could be an optical illusion.
Quote from Dajmin :
But it's a very wide camera angle, so it could be an optical illusion.

I thought so too, but take that Alfa for example (the angle at that part is not wide anymore), you could line like 7 of them from curb to curb while in reality, maybe 3 could fit one next to each other..
Hmm....not sure TBH, but every 'ring I have played on a game has seemed far to narrow (GT4 was a , IRL it is actually quite wide.

Going by that shot, I'd assume that ring is 5 Fiat 500's wide ( 5 x 1.32m = 6.6m), measuring the ring at that point on g earth is roughly 7-8m, which ain't a million miles away.

Not a 100% scientific measurement, other than going there with a tape and measuring it, its the best you are going to get!!!!!.

You can certainly get more than 3 Alfa's through that corner, I have seen two cars overtaking a coach through there with ease.
+1

The ring IRL is about ten meters in width on average. If you say a normal car is 1,7-1,8 meters in width, that would equal roughly 6 cars standing beside each other. Sounds more or less accurate to me.

Boris - Why do you have to be nitpicking on the game so much?
One of my bugbears is just how tight the 'ring feels in games, when I went there I was expecting a tight track, but was very suprised at just how wide it actually is.
Ah, but the shot doesn't make it look like the Alfa and the Fiat overlap either, and I think they must be. I'm sure we'll find out. They use telemetry to model the tracks so people would complain if they'd just made bits up

I've never driven it IRL but it always felt fairly narrow for the most part in FM2.
Played a little in photoshop (bored at work, bare with me ), you can fit 5 Brera's there I remember at the time i used to play GT4, it was preeaty acurate, compared with real onboard videos, and while watching Forza (1) i couldn't even tell if it's the Ring or some other track..

Here's a real picture, couldn't find exactly the same part, but you get the point..

Not nitpicking people, just discussing some things, i find timewarp equally redicolous as GT's Rubber band effect..
Attached images
forza3ring copy.jpg
nurb.jpg
GT4 is FAR from accurate in its representation of the 'ring.

Ok, so 5 Breras, 5 x 1.8m=9m, still close enough to the 7-8m width from sat photos.

Your RL photo is nowhere near the part in the FM shot.
If you can find a better picture please, i wasn't trying intentionaly to find a wrong picture 1, 1-5 meters is a bloody huge difference I will nitpick the same when i see GT5's Ring.. i think we all want the best represantation of the track, as it's one of the greatest..
The corvette is 1.844 meters wide. You can see from the picture (without using photoshop) that it would be possible to place four corvettes next to each other. Which would be about 7.3 meters. And you were saying?
Quote from jibber :The corvette is 1.844 meters wide. You can see from the picture (without using photoshop) that it would be possible to place four corvettes next to each other. Which would be about 7.3 meters. And you were saying?

Isn't the width of the 'Ring different at different parts in the track too? I dont mean its constantly going from skinny to wide, but i thought that around the tighter parts, it was slightly smaller in width than the Bridge straight.
Yes, track width varies.
The Brera should also get wider as it moves right, to counter the lens shape. So you'd get maybe 4.3 Breras on there at the most

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG