The online racing simulator
*petition for [LFS] name changing*
(172 posts, closed, started )
Quote from JJ72 :I think anyone wanted a name change should have presented an essay no less than 500 words on why they choose their new names and how it would be a fitting new name.

+1 if that was to be made public. Would be even more amusing than seeing people calling themselves LFSn00bs for several years
This thread is retarded. If you want to rename yourself THAT badly, just get another S2.

It's not that big of a deal, it's just an username. the name you go on the forums, and you're not even forced to use the same name ingame. You should be glad we arent restricted to use LFSWorld names ingame.(Altough they do show in-game, but your main name will be mostly different.)

Quote from burnout69 :Would be even more amusing than seeing people calling themselves LFSn00bs for several years

And your point is?
Im just having a laugh at the seriousness of the internets. Who are you btw?
its not just the forum, changing your username would mean changing yor LFS username and that is alot of work, lfsworld etc..
Quote from BurnOut69 :Im just having a laugh at the seriousness of the internets. Who are you btw?

I'm nobody, tbh

But yeah, i find it rather retarded sometimes that people pick such names(yeah, me included, so what)and then asking for someone to change it.
While I can appreaciate people have chosen a name that they no longer like. I have to say it does say when your sign up that you will be stuck with the name so any faults with the names is your own.

I also agree if you want a new name that badly, you can always purchase a new licence.

Either way your ursername is your licence name, you can change racername. Unless I was looking up stats for someone I don't look at licence names. I also doubt anyone reads anything too much into the the names.
Quote from Greboth :While I can appreaciate people have chosen a name that they no longer like. I have to say it does say when your sign up that you will be stuck with the name so any faults with the names is your own.

I also agree if you want a new name that badly, you can always purchase a new licence.

Either way your ursername is your licence name, you can change racername. Unless I was looking up stats for someone I don't look at licence names. I also doubt anyone reads anything too much into the the names.

+1, Why do u care what ur username says? U dont see it when ur playing the game, And as greboth said, No one cares what ur username is And getting it changed wont be an easy job?
#33 - pipa
Also wouldnt work on stuff like ctra that work with your username.
#34 - CSU1
Quote from AndroidXP :Isn't going to happen. Don't forget that the users on this board are linked to the licenses and are only created by the software that handles accounts (you can't register here on the forums). If you were to change the forum name, you'd have to change the license name, too. The problem with that is that the name is I think de-facto the primary key for identifying licenses, so all LFSW stats or uploads and all info servers stored about you (bans...) would be invalid or broken.

I'm sure it is technically possible to change the name, but it would be a huge hassle and require lots of extra coding and messing around (create a new account, transfer the funds, delete the old account, update all references to the old account everywhere to now point to the new one, etc. and the bans issue still wouldn't be solved). If they ever made an exception and did it for one person, you could be sure tons of people would instantly demand a namechange, too, so they won't even start with that. Also they'd admit that their rules ("you cannot change your username after the registration - your username is permanent!") can be circumvented anyway.

Quote from nikopdr :This thread is retarded.?

+1
I laugh at those who want to change
The OP had a free S2 ffs just buy your own account and stop moaning ahah
Not to mention you could use this to circumvent all your server bans.
Quote from nikopdr :I'm nobody, tbh

But yeah, i find it rather retarded sometimes that people pick such names(yeah, me included, so what)and then asking for someone to change it.

Niko, you're such a legend
Quote from Bob Smith :Not to mention you could use this to circumvent all your server bans.

Which could be fixed by having a record of all previous usernames. The problem then becomes one of username exhaustion. Just look at xbox live.

At the end of the day, it was clear when you signed up and it's unlikely that the developers are going to change their stance on this. The most likely resolution you'll get, if any, will be the swapping of the licence name and the racer name on the forum. And I'd go as far as saying that's unlikely in itself
You could copy the xbox live system of name changes e.g. you pay a small fee such as £3 to change your name.
You made the decision of what you wanted to have your name be when you created your account so deal with it like everyone else has to.
#41 - [d9]
this is not about technical solution...
you can not want to change your reputation related to your identification.

if you have been 13 years old stupid child when creating your account, you will be 16 year old stupid child asking again for change it after few years.

if you have doing bad things online under your username, pay for it and learn from it or pay for new "life" with new account

== [absolutely stupid request] IMO
Signed
I for 1 would like to change mine ( Doc was a very old FPS name i used since Quake ) Would like to change to my race name which is much more grown up

But I'm not gonna sign , as after reading some of the replies its never gonna happen .

The Devs are busy enough atm i would think
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Why are you guys moaning? It´s your own fault that you have the username you have, or did someone force you to take that name? I don´t think so.

WOOOORD!
Quote from logitekg25 :Me and probably many other people of the forum do not like their lfs name, and wish to change it.

So the plan is after a few more pages of desperate pleading and signature gathering, Victor finally gives in you'll swap to "logitekg27"?
-1, do not want to sign on for this. I can immagine the horror amount of work it will need to be done in the database for this, so people who have recived bans and such canot exploit the system and other things aswell.
Also, you should have thought about your nick in first place, though luck if you did make an account with a username you don't like
Yea im 50/50 on this. Such as [TC]'s ban system. We have a database of actions which go onto a users 'file/report'. So basically it would be hard to keep track of name changes and all that.
I just glad I thought long and hard about what name to use

1) buy a new license
or
2) shut up and deal with the consequences of your actions.
You cannot change your name. Read and think twice, before you create your account.

/failthread
This thread is closed

*petition for [LFS] name changing*
(172 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG