The online racing simulator
[QUOTE=Greboth;1244954]I wont make a judgement on the skins as I feel it would be unfair to before the competition closes but remember to post the skin files too

I'll make some changes here and there and upload the skins when the deadline comes around, thanks.

lol pls teach me how to quote properly, and also how to address different comments on the same reply.
nice going hereticlohani and War
roadrash17...give it a go man!!

I gave it a go...but I am designing better ones. The thing is, you need to please Greboth. If my particular style (simple and clean) doesn't please him, then I won't win... But thanks for the encouragement.
Quote from hereticlohani :lol pls teach me how to quote properly, and also how to address different comments on the same reply.

You need to leave the [/quote] on the end of the quote for it register as a quote. Also for multiple quotes, click the middle of the 3 on the right for all the posts you want to quote, then click reply and they will all appear

Quote from roadrash17 :I gave it a go...but I am designing better ones. The thing is, you need to please Greboth. If my particular style (simple and clean) doesn't please him, then I won't win... But thanks for the encouragement.

Hmmm while I agree you need to please me as I am the judge it is not a simple case of 'what looks nice'. As a skinner myself (though been a while since I skinned) I can appreciate how the design suits the car, the execution (does the design line up etc) quality of the design (any parts blurry e.g. sponsor logos) colour choice (complimentory colours or do they clash) etc. While personal taste effects what skin you use on your cars, a well design well made skin (whether race, drift, tuner, drag etc) will always be a good skin and therefore a chance of winning this competition.
Quote from roadrash17 :The thing is, you need to please Greboth.

Well, as a pointer, he definitely favours the more ostentatious.....what's the word, camp aesthetic. You definitely can't have too much pink. :lovies3d: I'd also try it out in a few races and see how it er, goes down.

Hope that helps.
I am going to pretend that makes any sense in any sort of way.

If you want to use pink though use it, it does suit some cars (I am thinking sumo power cars especially)
Another of my failed attempts at humour on the LFS forum.
Quote from Postman Pat :Another of my failed attempts at humour on the LFS forum.

Ah I see ...... *moves away slowly*

Well on a different note, are you going to be entering this competition postman pat?
#110 - War
Well for the FZR its almost ready, but the midnight magic logo i made doesn't line up with the side, so it will look weird
Quote from Greboth : Well on a different note, are you going to be entering this competition postman pat?

I may well be quick enough for the hotlaps but I'm not registered and anyway wouldn't accept a free one as there are those more deserving and no doubt needing of it. I suspect you'll get some tactically late fast entries for the hotlaps, btw. Bet they're all out there lurking and lapping. Come on noobs, fess up!
Quote from Postman Pat :Well, as a pointer, he definitely favours the more ostentatious.....what's the word, camp aesthetic. You definitely can't have too much pink. :lovies3d: I'd also try it out in a few races and see how it er, goes down.

Hope that helps.

that is great, but, how do i try it out in races? no one will be able to see it?
Quote from Postman Pat :I may well be quick enough for the hotlaps but I'm not registered and anyway wouldn't accept a free one as there are those more deserving and no doubt needing of it. I suspect you'll get some tactically late fast entries for the hotlaps, btw. Bet they're all out there lurking and lapping. Come on noobs, fess up!

Whoever drives a fast lap or designs a good skin is deserving to win this competition. I hope so because otherwise there has not been that many entrants into this competition. Oh well, we shall see I guess.

Quote from roadrash17 :that is great, but, how do i try it out in races? no one will be able to see it?

Well true, no one else would be able to see it but you could still test the skin out. Another reason you need S2
Quote from Greboth :there has not been that many entrants into this competition

I think that's for two reasons
1) Many people think or know they can't skin, so they don't even try
2) They see the already submitted laptimes and know they can't beat em, so they don't even try

Overall, you shouldn't have allowed the entries to be posted publicly (instead only via PM) and maybe a mandatory "entry sent" message in this thread to keep it active. Now that doesn't mean the winners wouldn't be the same people, just that you would've gotten many more entrants
#115 - e.M
dont u worry personaly i am creating skins(xfg done) and trying to beat roadrashes(i think ) hotlaps so there will be more entries btw if one guy wins both which 2nd placer will get the licence? skinner or racer ?
Quote from AndroidXP :I think that's for two reasons
1) Many people think or know they can't skin, so they don't even try
2) They see the already submitted laptimes and know they can't beat em, so they don't even try

Overall, you shouldn't have allowed the entries to be posted publicly (instead only via PM) and maybe a mandatory "entry sent" message in this thread to keep it active. Now that doesn't mean the winners wouldn't be the same people, just that you would've gotten many more entrants

Hmmm I see where you are coming from. However you could argue then that by doing it publicly then people aren't entering if their times aren't quick enough which means less entrants for me to look through. however I wonder if people realise it is a total of three laps so they can be slower on one lap if the others are quick. Either way, hopefully will get some more entries before the end.

Quote from e.M :dont u worry personaly i am creating skins(xfg done) and trying to beat roadrashes(i think ) hotlaps so there will be more entries btw if one guy wins both which 2nd placer will get the licence? skinner or racer ?

Good to see another entrant and to answer your question
Quote from greboth :...if however the same user wins both competitions the second licence will go 2nd place in lap times

-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :Random question number 223 (and counting), if I win an S2 licence, will that allow me to change the Union Flag to something more applicable?

Errr as far as I know you can change it even as a demo user. I don't know though as too long ago to remember.
im gonna try =) be back in a week or so to produce three
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
hey do any of u guys noe how to remove the settings boxes from the cmx viewer so i can take a better screen shot(s) to upload
Quote from SEXIBOY :Will there be another competition like this in the future?

Who knows, it is upto to whoever runs the competition whether they want to give licences away. However, I can't see it not happening sometime in the future.

Quote from jimi_jimi_jimi :hey do any of u guys noe how to remove the settings boxes from the cmx viewer so i can take a better screen shot(s) to upload

I can't checkk as I am at work, but if I can remember correctly its space. (If not then try shift u.)
Yamaha Skins FZR , XFG
My First Post if the competition is still open for Skinners could i join please here are my skins

2 Skins

Road Car = XFG

Race Car = FZR

Formula = BF1 ( Not Complete )

Yamaha Skins pretty cool i like them but cant use the FZR
Attached images
FZR_Yama.jpg
XFG_Yama.jpg
FZR.JPG
XFG.JPG
First of all, I'd like to ask, which is supposed to do better times? XFG or XRG? I've seen someone did 1:35:3 with XFG, and as I've just done 40 laps with the XRG and got a little slower time, I wanted to know that... I may try again in a few days, after I do it with the XFG and the FBM.

EDIT : Just noticed this was my 1st post... Didn't introduce myself yet...
I've been racing on LFS for a few months now, but only in demo mode, so this contest is a good opportunity for me to obtain a S2 license (if I'm quick enough...).
Hello, this is my first post here too.
I would like to register for this competition.
I am out of practice, but these days I'll keep trying to obtain a clean fast time.
Thanks.
@Greboth it is spacebar , thanks for the tip
im done my skins
here goes
included are
FBM multiview, XFG Multiview, FXR Multiview and Promotional Poster with all 3 cars together
Attached images
FBM_multiview.jpg
FXR_multiview.jpg
XFG_multiview.jpg
Promotion_Poster.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG